Siem Reap Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Siem Reap

• rosequartzlover1's Profile Photo

Street vendor at Pub street

by rosequartzlover1 Written Mar 29, 2014

If you need to try eating some insects ,you can find them along Pub street and around.It's easy to find.In fact, cooked bugs is nothing new. In my country,Thai people, especially those in the North and Northeast had eaten bugs for more than a century and I think it should be the same in neighbouring countries around Thailand too ,including Cambodia. Incredibly, there are around 200 types of edible insects in these region.Cambodia and Thailand, however, are not the only entomophagous (bug-eating) country. The Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) says people in 112 other nations in Asia, Africa, Europe and South America have long eaten insects. So far the way they cook ...is to fry them.Some dip it into some sauce like chilli sauce or just some slightly of salt.They said the taste is not that bad..like ..'grass hopper' taste like 'fried bean',..'cricket' taste like 'pop corn',...'worm' taste like 'fried bean'..
    Many said they have good nutrition and high vitamins!! Especially protien and some mineral like..'iron'
    I myslef used to try "cricket" and "grass hopper" and they are really not that bad.I dipped them with chilli sauce and I can say ..it's delicious..but I still don't have courage to try "tarantula" yet..may be next time...
    In these 2 pictures They sell everything one price ..1 $ per portion.THey have fried "Tarantula"..,"snake".., "worm".., "shrimp"
    BON APPETTIT ..!!

• adelinemmc's Profile Photo

Arun: True local food & cheap!

by adelinemmc Updated Mar 21, 2014

If you see this, you are in the right place

This restaurant is a true local. A bit isolated from the busy centre but within a few minutes walk from the FCC and royal residence plazza, on the other side of the river. Like many local restaurants, it consists mainly of a big terrace with a roof & fans.
    Prices are at around $3.20 for a main dish.

We loved it so much we went twice. I had soups both times and they were bursting with flavours and with nice morsels of fish and vegs.

Favorite Dish: The kako soup because it was my first taste of Cambodian cuisine and it was quite spectacularly flavoursome

• adelinemmc's Profile Photo

Khmer Kitchen: Central local restaurant

by adelinemmc Written Mar 20, 2014
    Cambodian savoury buns

Busy local restaurant catering mostly to tourists. Most dishes at around $4. Service a bit slow but the food is definitely worth the wait!
    I tried prahok for the first time, this is fermented fish paste. Sounds yucky but it was very good with the chicken and other spices & lots of thai basil.
    What was weird were the raw vegs on the side: cucumber, raw beans, raw aubergine & raw white cabbage. I think the idea is to combine the tangy taste of the prohok chicken with the coll fresh raw vegs. I saw this dish a bit everywhere in Cambodia, always with raw vegs that you'd usually eat cooked.
    The buns were good but not spectacular.

Favorite Dish: Everything looked good. Cambodian food was a true revelation!

• rosequartzlover1's Profile Photo

Viva hotel and restaurant: Viva hotel and restaurant

by rosequartzlover1 Written Mar 12, 2014

The first night I arrived Siem reap quite late ,I need some nice dinner and our hotel had close the kitchen already that time (10pm) so I walked towards pub street ,the main street for night life ..full of pub and restaurant.But the I need a little less crowded place than pub street tonight so I found this nice looking one, on a corner of old market ..Viva hotel and restaurant.There a lot of choice in the menu , with local Cambodian , Mexican,western and some Thai food .The price are cheap..main dish is between 3-6 $, local dish is 3-5$ ,draft beer is 0.75$(some day even cheaper 0.50$ only) and my mango+lime smoothie is 2$.I ordered some local spicy prawn soup.It looks so much the same as Thai Tom yum kung soup,so I treid.The test is too mild,not spicy and not sour as it should be..I love Thai Tom yum kung much more.This soup was 3$ I think.And the fruit plate was 2 $ .The banana you see in the picture is green but it's already mature and delicious.The atmosphere is ok with some chill music and not so loud,.and watching people go by.Cambodian style..

• divecat1978's Profile Photo

GiGi Brazil: Start the World Cup fever here

by divecat1978 Written Feb 3, 2014

Owner of the restaurant

First, I found this restaurant around the area where I am staying. So, decided to have a walk over and try some Brazillian food.
    Nice setup and dining area. They serve favourite drinks and food.
    Join the world Cup fever here.

• Singles

Ton Le Chaktomuk: Vietnamese and Khmer Buffee

by akkipaa Written Mar 19, 2013

If you are are hungry, like Khmer or Vietnamese food this is the right place to you. It's located close to National Museum, on to opposite side of the road, a little bit towards town.

The restaurant is nice and the food is extremely good, but be warned, we Finns tend to eat and drink everything we get and it's a little dangerous in this kind of eat as much you like place. To be honest there are so many different styles of items that I doubt that one can taste and try them all.

Might be crowded, so let's have our romantic dinners somewhere else, here we should concentrate to food.

Openin times
    - lunch 11:00AM to 2:00PM and
    - dinner 6:00PM to 9:00PM (Cambodian shadow puppet show in several evenings).

Favorite Dish: My favorites? OK, one of my friends has learned me, it's Chicken Satay (Ga Nuong) with Peanut Sauce :). And as Vietnamese food lover the second is Poo and as now almost a Khmer I liked Amok Fish. Oh, almost forgot the desert, try Sticky Rice stuff with Palm Sugar!

• akkipaa's Profile Photo

Little Italy: Taste of Italy (only once)

by akkipaa Updated Mar 19, 2013

Normally once in all our trips we take an Italian restaurant. Only once, you need some distance to Asian food, but really only once. MDs or KFC we don't visit unless it's an emergency situation (has happened only once in last 10 years, MDs was the only restaurant with warm food in tens of miles).

This place is in small street in the center and was a perfect shot. Service as usual, friendly and fast, food was good, but to be honest, I recommend to the cook some cooking courses in Italy, to practice pizza baking skills. All other 3 courses was excellent, pizza fillings were OK, but the bread part was tough, dry and tasteless.

The house wine they served was Sicilian and got really good ranking from us, one of the best we got in Cambodia.

Reasonable prices against quality, total bill 30,50$, but avoid pizzas as I told.

Favorite Dish: In our menu:
    - Salmon and vegetable bruchettes (photo 3)
    - Salami pizza (photo 5)
    - Pasta chichen gorgontzola (photo 4)
    - red wine (half litre, 8$) and beer

• akkipaa's Profile Photo

Dead Fish Tower: Taste Indian (again and again)

by akkipaa Written Mar 19, 2013

We found this place when walking in the evening and following the locals (not a real challenge, it's close to Pub Street). The restaurant is like a combination street food stand and a normar restaurant. List is not a long but the food is delicious and if you are lucky you can take your seat besides the cook and follow how he use his huge knife when cutting ducks and other stuff.

There are many specialties like some local blood stuff and innards.

And what the best, all the time locals stopped with motorcycles to pick up some food on their way to work. One of the best during our Cambodian trip, the duck and egg noodles were really tasty and delicious. Still the best, quality against price ratio was excellent.

As you see from photos, first, the vegetables were also so good that photographer was not quick enough and second, it's a little bit difficult to notice the sight of the restaurant because of the three branches.

Favorite Dish: We were conventional and took
    with three beers and total bill was 16,50$

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

Mr Grill: Nice resto where the locals gather to eat

by cochinjew Written Mar 18, 2013

This place which is on the other side of the river in Siem Reap is frequented by people who live in Siem Reap, so you dont see the tourists here.
    ope air, great service and a variety of food all with local flavour

Favorite Dish: we had a variety of dishes the photos are shown below

Viva: Mexican! Viva!

by akkipaa Written Mar 17, 2013

Nice Mexican bar and restaurant to have drinks in during day time. Serves beer, wine and every kind of drinks and Mexican style. Wines and a beer 5$. The food has been said to be tasty but we didn't have possibility to check it.

Very central location, you can't miss it when coming from north, besides Le Grand Cafe.

Street 9, Siem Reap, Campodia

Central Cafe: Central location to stop for a while

by akkipaa Written Mar 17, 2013

Nice bar and brasserie to have drinks in during day time. Serves beer, wine and every kind of drinks and Italian style snacks and food. Two wines and a beer 7$.

Very central location, you can't miss it when coming from north, besides Mexican restaurant.

The Indian: Fresh and reasonable Indian

by akkipaa Written Mar 17, 2013

Located some 300 meters from Central Cafe, to the west on the same side of the street. Nice and shy Sari dressed girl on the doors presented the menu and helped with selection. Very polite and the Sari was nice also :).

Base set of Indian on the table, garlic naan, rice, fried rice and two sets of different curries. Some bottle of beers and glasses of wine. Extremely tasty and catering was OK also. My recommendations, the bill was 27$ on total.

As normal they advertise Indian cook and management, probably they are :).

Favorite Dish: Our selections:
    - Papadam
    - Paneer Pakora
    - Chicken Korma
    - Chicken Hyderapad
    - Chicken Pulau
    - Garlic Naan
    - Beer (0.75$) and red wine (3.00$)

The Red Piano: Angelina Jolie's favorite bar

by akkipaa Written Mar 17, 2013

The Red Piano was recommended to us as dinner place but we were happy we didn't, Western music was on here and bar besides so it was noisy. We came to have desert drinks and the drinks were OK, smoothie even extremely good.

We took for desert (total 9.25$)
    - Smoothie
    - Gin Fizz and
    - Jameson

is place is said to be Angelina Jolie's place when she filmed Tomb Rider here. They use her name to advertise and a drink is named according to the film: Tomb Raider. If you like vodka based drinks you can experience the beverage here.

The cocktail is a mix of vodka, Malibu rum and pineapple juice, served with an umbrella.

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

Temple Terace: Take your first Apsara experience here

by akkipaa Written Mar 17, 2013

We had a small VT meeting here. We decided the place because there were Apsara dancing evening. We met Steve (stevemt) and had beers in the street level and climbed to terrace after.

The Apsara program lasted almost two hours and it was very nice and dancers were skillful and beautiful. Program contained five parts (,,, Fisherman's dance). Dancing part got my recommendation, be early (start 7:30pm), 6:30pm you can still select the best places.

The food was not so recommended. Two of three portions were OK, but fish curry was almost cold and with no spicy at all. It's so Finnish, I should have sent it back to kitchen, but I did't. Prices very reasonable, even very low .Total bill 32,50$, I would say reasonable and cheap.

Dancing parts (photo 3)

Favorite Dish: Three persons took:
    - Chicken amok (2)
    - Fish curry
    - Mango salad
    - Four beers and two wines
    - Espresso, black coffee and a whiskey (2$) and
    - Spring ball shooter (2,50$)

• Theater Travel

• stevemt's Profile Photo

The Little Cafe: Wonderful local food

by stevemt Updated Mar 7, 2013

ad lunch here first day.

The stir fried chicken with hot basil was fantastic

With a can of beer, $3.50 can't beat that

Went back my last full day and had the stir fried chicken with cashew nuts, again wonderful :)

Free WIFI as well

Instant Answers: Siem Reap

Comments

Siem Reap Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Siem Reap restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Siem Reap sightseeing.