Siem Reap Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Siem Reap

• stevemt's Profile Photo

The Siem Reap Bar: Want to try local?

by stevemt Written Mar 4, 2013

This place is a typical local asian style bar, concrete floor, no door at all, just open to the street, cheap food and cheep drinks.

Great for a snack at lunchtime, or a beer with some cheap munchies.

All food is $1.75, 1/2 pint of beer $1.00

Food menu is per the photo. As I said, local, but effective for what it was.

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Angkor Reach Restaurant: Regain your energy by "AMOK!"

by theguardianangel Written Nov 25, 2012

in between the coconut fruits

This restaurant is located just a few minutes away from the entrance of Angkor Wat. We were so tired after touring around the temple without having breakfast and as if my energy was absorbed by the very hot temperature... I'm losing my senses! Luckily, we have our very kind tuk-tuk driver/tour guide. He was very aware that we didn't have our breakfast so he brought us here in Angkor Reach to have lunch.

Angkor Reach is like a big canteen on the outside but when you get a closer look inside... the tables and chairs are arranged like as if, the place was transformed to a fine dining resto (exagerrated)... Well, it can be compared to a lesser fine dining resto, just not to lift your expectations very high. The tables were covered with white and green table clothes and the waiters/waitresses were on uniforms and friendly too.

Favorite Dish: The waiter suggested to try Amok chicken, that's what the local suggested so I bet it's great and that's what I ordered! Amok is a Khmer cuisine made of curry soup with chicken on it, spiced with lots and lots of sliced red peppers and bamboo shoots. I love spicy foods and this just rocked my world! It’s very tasty! The spring rolls are crunch and very tasty too! We also ordered coconut juice and it’s great to be served cold.,, very refreshing.

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Chomnor Siem Reap Restaurant: Get amused by the food's name!

by theguardianangel Updated Nov 25, 2012
    Lok-Lak

We arrived late in Siem Reap and also starving. It was already past 10pm and the only open restaurant was Chomnor Siem Reap Restaurant which was located across the street and adjacent to the Apsara Mart.

The restaurant serves local dishes and prices are in USD. The restaurant presentation is purely local; when we arrived, same thing happened, all eyes are on us. The place also seems more like a bar. There are 3 waitresses and only one speaks English but they are all friendly and happy to serve us, wehe. The resto serves lunch and dinner only.

Favorite Dish: The baked egg-plat with fried minced pork- I expected the minced pork to be minced pork literally but it was just like sliced pork, haha. Also from the name, it says “Baked” but nothing was baked... was it the egg!?? no way! how about the "plat".. I guess it pertained to the egg lying "flat" above the pork!???? or just the eggplant!???

The name just doesn’t fit when the food was served. My friends and I have this habit of discussing how things were called or how it happened that way, haha. But still no regrets!!! We like it the taste of it. I just find it amusing, haha! Before I forget, rice is sold separately.

Lok-Lak, another Khmer cuisine made of stir fried marinated beef marinated served with lettuce, tomatoes and fried egg on top.

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

No Name Canteen: Congee and Iced Milk Coffee-the must try combo!

by theguardianangel Written Nov 20, 2012

must try combo!

We left the hostel for an early half day tour and most of the places we’ll be visiting are still closed so our tuk-tuk driver, Mr. Dee brought us in this small canteen situated within a village for breakfast. The canteen has no name and I don’t know the address too, I just remember that it’s 1 block away from the exhibition hall where we went after.

The foods are classic. They serve congee- chicken, meat & beef. Of course the love of my life- Coffee will always be present! Congee costs 1.5USD and iced coffee is 1-1.5USD, I believe. Usually also, in every table there are these hard breads. If you touch and eat it, you have to pay for it… wehe(not free).

Favorite Dish: Their congee differs from what we used to eat in China Town, in Manila. The congee has lots and lots of bean sprouts and for that we believe that the Cambodians really love vegetables. It also tastes sweet.. i dunno. I think almost all of Khmer foods are used to cook with sugar.

The iced milk coffee is the best and I believe that they have only one way of doing it because all of the coffee I drunk during this travel tasted the same. The coffee is very strong so I always make sure that they got my order as- milk coffee. The iced milk coffee isn’t that sweet, the milk somewhat balances the strong bitter taste of the coffee and the outcome is that the coffee becomes less bitter making it easier to bear, haha!

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Hansa BBQ & & Seafood Restaurant: Eat All You Can!

by theguardianangel Updated Nov 20, 2012

The ambience is good. Lots of people are coming- group of families, friends and tourists, etc. Some are eating and some eat while drinking. We just waited for a few minute before somebody was able to accommodate us since there are a lot of customers that night. We even waited for an available table to occupy. I think there were 7 waiters and only 1 knows how to speak English that’s why we have to wait every time we have something to request. The drinks- coke, bottled water, coffee, etc. needs to be paid separately and costs 1.5USD.

Favorite Dish: The restaurant wasn’t that far away from where we stay and we only walked about 7 minutes only to get here. 3.5USD for eat all you can. Not bad right? My friend and I seem not to have eaten like a century that we got a lot of food in the buffet table. We were really starving! Haha! Lots of food varieties were served-Thai cuisine. Different kinds of noodles, fruits, vegetables, chicken, pork, beef, seafoods, soups, etc. This resto was a shabu-shabu style, wherein you’ll have to cook the foods by yourself which we always enjoy.

• Beer Tasting

Eating stall at Riverside: Tonle Sap - Local Food

Rice with pork

After we visited the Floating village at Tonle Sap. All are so hungry, we just joined the crowds of tuk-tuk drivers and local watching tv at this eating stall and ordered Bai sach chrouk (rice with pork and chicken) Its such a simple food to fill our hungry stomach. That little boy was so happy received candies and sweets from my friend.

Monorrum Korng Yiv Key Restaurant: Best Chinese Food in Siem Reap

by AngMimi Updated Jul 12, 2012

Chinese Food for 6 chinese girls.

Last nite in Siem Reap, we back early from the Tonle Sap trip. We went for shopping at Lucky Mall and got lost, asked direction from the policeman and the local, and end up walking even further. Looking at Siem Reap city map, we walked quite a distance. Good exercise anyway..

Anyway, the restaurant is quite nearby to Pub street. So, the restaurant packed with lots of customers, good sign the food must be good.

Okay, we ordered some pork ribs, peking duck with lots of fresh cucumber and spring onions, egg plant cooked in claypot and fried kalc. We order chinese tea, jasmine flavour (I hate the smell of Jasmine)

All the food cost US$22.50 for 6 hungry ladies.

Authentic Khmer Breakfast: Yummy Pork Porridge

Pretty ladies from Malaysia

Third morning in Siem Reap, we took the hotel tuk-tuk to visit Lolei, Bakheng and Tonle Sap. Aaahh..we went to many restaurants but they were closed during Khmer New Year and we end up in a local eating shop, quite a pack of people having breakfast there. Must be good, I already see what the local people are having and I decided to have a bowl of pork porridge and ice black coffee and I am so lucky I have the last bowl of pork porridge while my friends still undecided what to eat..

The pork porridge tasted very good, the rice cooked into smooth porridge and add in the minced pork, the liver, garnished with fried garlic, some sawtooth coriander leaves and thinly sliced young ginger , emmm..I had the porridge all for myself no sharing, so satisfied to my stomach and ending with cool ice coffee. yummy..

Favorite Dish: Of course, the pork porridge, fried rice and noodles again, you can order the bread too.

The yummy pork porridge just cost US$1 a bowl..

Banteay Srey - eating stall: Khmer Fried Noodles

Khmer fried noodles

After the sunrise watching at Angkor Wat, next place to visit - Banteay Srey which took us about 45mins slow drive (40km perhour, that's my driving limit in my hometown :-)) my stomach already started growling - hungry. Can't find any eating place on the way to Banteay Srey, don't worry there are two rows of stalls, where you can find food to eat, drinks like coconut water, sugarcane juice, beer and souvenirs. You will find food, drinks and souvenirs dearer than other place in Siem Reap.

So we found our first eating place, we ordered six plates of fried instant noodles with chicken meat, egg and lots of vegetables. I have some time to take pictures of the cook (who is smilling all the time) and learned something new in cooking Khmer fried noodles.. They have a menu, just choose what you want to eat..

Fried instant noodles looks good and tasty. US$3.50 a plate.

Favorite Dish: Khmer Fried Noodles Recipe

A very simple method to fry noodles.
    In a kuali, add in water, a piece of instant noodles and cut vegetables like choysum, cabbage and carrot. Let it boil, when cooked, transfer the cooked noodles and vegetable in a sieve to drain off the extra water.

In a clean kuali, add some cooking oil, chopped garlic and fry till aromatic, add in a beaten egg (fry into omelette and later cut them into pieces) Add in the sliced chicken meat, stir and add in seasoning like a lot of MSG, fish sauce, pepper, sugar a bit and lastly add in the cooked noodles and vegetable..stir and stir...and walla..ready to eat...

Kuali - a chinese cooking wok.

Street Restaurant: Khmer BBQ

by AngMimi Updated Jun 21, 2012

We cooked our own BBQ, two kinds of BBQ - grill and another with soup and noodles. The lard used to grease the grill and put all the seafood, chicken meat, put all the veges to boil and eat with yellow noodles.

And we also order Pad thai and salted mustard green stir fry, eaten with white rice. My friends tried the Beer and me - have another coconut shake..

All together cost about USD22 for 6 persons.

Picture 1 - Thanks Amanda Loo for the food picture

• AngMimi's Profile Photo

Angkor Flower Restaurant: Morning Glory????

by AngMimi Written Jun 21, 2012

Our young Van driver took us here, seems to have a lot of tourists eating here during lunch. I guessed it must be good. Oh yes, the restaurant got air-condition, it was so hot and humid outside, and we were so hungry and tired after we finished visit Ta-Prohm temple.

Favorite Dish: We were quite curious when we read the Menu for Fried Morning Glory, what kind of vegetable is that? Anyway, we ordered Fried Morning Glory which was Fried Kangkung / water spinach. The cheapest vegetable in Malaysia. Other dishes - Lemongrass sour soup, Fried Chicken with Cashew nuts, Green Mango Salad and white rice. For drinks we ordered Fresh Fruit Juice like Lemongrass Tea, Lemonade, Coconut shake, Pineapple shake, watermelon shake...wah..so nice to drink in this hot weather...emmmm...

Picture 1 - Thank you to Amanda Loo for the Food picture.

Street Food: Baguette Sandwich

by AngMimi Updated Jun 19, 2012

Here in Cambodian, the baguette or the French bread - become Cambodia's national bread.
    Sandwiches made from baguette can easily find in Siem Reap town.. and its very delicious

US$1 for 2 baguette sandwiches.

Khmer Kitchen Restaurant: Just so so

by AngMimi Written Jun 19, 2012

So recommended by everyone and Tripadvisor..

Favorite Dish: We ordered Chicken loklak again, pumpkin in oven, khmer curry, fried vegetable and chai kui (a cambodian cake) All in small portion, I was still a bit hungry after 1 hour. Food not that tasty...

Angkor Reach Restaurant: Real Khmer Dishes

by AngMimi Written Jun 19, 2012

There are a few restaurants opposite the Angkor Wat, just crossed the road and you will find the restaurant. We were so hungry after a long tired walk in Angkor Wat, my leg got cramped after walking up and down the angkor wat and a need to visit the toilet. :-)))

Favorite Dish: We ordered Fish Amok served in Coconut, loklak chicken, tofu and kalc. Simple Khmer dishes and yet very delicious..

Food and drink for 6 person cost US$28. Not bad at all.

Golden Temple Villa: First meal in Siem Reap

by AngMimi Written Jun 19, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at Golden Temple Villa and I also enjoyed my meal in the Restaurant. Oh, the welcome drink of Lemonade and sweet roasted peanuts was wonderful. Well, this restaurant is also recommend by the Lonely Planet. The setting of the restaurant and garden very beautifully done.

What a pity, the restaurant closed for the next two days for Khmer New Year Celebration. But free coffee, tea and banana still available everyday..

Favorite Dish: This is my first and favourite Cambodian food, its very simple and delicious - Bai sach chrouk, or pork with rice, served with a side of pickled, slightly sweet cucumber, carrot and small chilies.

There is a story behind this dish, Bai sach chrouk is usually served with broken rice, and these broken rice meant for chicken to eat. But this wicked and evil stepmother forced her stepdaughter to eat leafover food and broken rice. One day an old lady came to the house and asked for food. Oh no, the evil stepmother chased away the old lady, and the kind hearted stepdaughter offered to share her meal of broken rice with the old lady, wahhh.. the old lady turned out to be a handsome prince in disguise, searching for a wife. Hmmm... anyone prince in disguise want to share my meal of Bai sach chrouk, please come forward :-))))

Instant Answers: Siem Reap

Comments

Siem Reap Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Siem Reap restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Siem Reap sightseeing.