Siem Reap Restaurants

• aberacadabra's Profile Photo

Blue Pumpkin: Caffeine fix

by aberacadabra Written Apr 18, 2011
    Blue Pumpkin

If you need a decent Latte or Capucino - the Blue Pumpkin brews a decent cup. Just don't expect anything fancy.

Favorite Dish: Nothing favorite. Just like to stretch my feet out on one of those sofas after a long day trekking through temples.

• Ecstatic Pizza: Good Pizza & More

by SRPPA Updated Apr 4, 2011

I have eaten at Ecstatic Pizza several times, and I usually eat there when I am in Siem Reap. Every time it has been a good experience. The food is great, and the owner is very friendly.
    The last time I was there, I started with a Feta Cheese appetizer. Its called an appetizer, but it was huge! It was actually enough for 2 people. The vinaigrette dressing was delicious. Since there name is Ecstatic Pizza, of course I always have a pizza. They have about 20 different kinds of pizza, and they always come with plenty of cheese. The style in Cambodia is to make pizzas with thin crust, but you can order thick crust if you like.
    They also have breakfasts (English, Western, Brunch), and they specialize in omelets with about 10 different kinds. Prices are quite reasonable.

Favorite Dish: I also like their Eggplant Parmesan. Very tasty sauce and lots of cheese!

• Paco_Francisco's Profile Photo

Maharajah Restaurant: the best curry in siem reap

by Paco_Francisco Updated Apr 4, 2011

food

Never thought that Indian food would be this good in Siem Reap but it was.
    We love Indian food and found real quality at Maharajah. Without a doubt, one of the best indian food I had so far...Delicious,
    We ate here a couple of times during our stay in siem reap, and all the times the dishes we chose were absolutely delicious. Their chicken karahi and channa curry in particular were great, as was their nan bread. The service was quick enough,
    Just be aware of the spice level and speak to the owner who can adjust to your tastes.
    The bill wasn't at all painful and their customer turnover showed that they were well known. Well worth a visit.

Favorite Dish: Qeema Nan and Shami kabab was amazing and unforgettable. palak paneer and garlic nan also quite nice. BBQ chicken was crispy and authentic.

• riffatnoreen's Profile Photo

Maharajah Restaurant: Best Indian Food In Siem Reap

by riffatnoreen Updated Apr 4, 2011

If you want authentic Indian food, this is the place to go. Located at middle of Old, Central and Night Markets. It's a clean & safe place with the best food during my trip. The freshness and spices really stood out. The food is generally of a much higher quality than other Indian restaurants.
    Extensive Photo menu had a very nice selection of North Indian Dishes. Prices are very less then my expectations.
    I have dined here many times & been pleased each time.
    My most favorite Paneer korma was some of the softest and creamiest paneer curry with cashew I've ever had. Stuffed Vegetable Nan was extremely tasty I could eat it everyday.
    Chicken Curry was very different from typical Curry I've had before.
    Thali Set was refreshing and a delicious variety of meat, vegetables and fish.
    Tandoori was Excellent BBQ Chicken and Mutton Biryani was the best, I could also eat that everyday. There are also wide variety of Indian Tea, shakes, juices, Lassies (I recommend Mango lassie).I also ordered the mix raita with almost every meal, I love it. The staff are very polite and efficient. Good service, best food, very reasonable price - would recommend highly to anyone visiting Siem Reap.

Favorite Dish: Tandoori is Excellent BBQ Chicken, Thali Set is refreshing and a delicious variety of meat, vegetables and fish.Chicken Curry is very different from typical Curry.
    Mutton Biryani is the best,wide variety of Indian Tea, shakes, juices, Lassies (I recommend Mango lassie).mix raita with almost every meal,Paneer korma is some of the softest and creamiest paneer curry with cashew.

• mehravinodpp's Profile Photo

Maharajah Restaurant: Authentic Indain Cuisine In Siem Reap

by mehravinodpp Updated Apr 4, 2011

I am living in Phnom Penh and working with Indian medicine company, Due to my work I frequently visit to siem reap. I have been eating at Maharajah restaurant since 2005. The food is wonderful and I have never found another Indian Restaurant in the whole of Cambodia to compare. I am vegetarian and tried here all vegetarian dishes several times, especially love Gobi Masala and Bangan Bharta at this place. The waiting staff are always polite and extremely friendly and I am always warmly greeted when I visit there. I have introduced numerous friends to the Maharajah and they always rave about the wonderful food after a visit. I would highly recommend all lovers of Indian food to visit this wonderful restaurant. You will not be disappointed.

Favorite Dish: My most of days lunch at maharajah Indian restaurant. It is the best experience in town that has mentioned it into the all tourist guidebooks and web sites, I would gladly keep this taste to myself and introduced this place to all my friends. The food is incredible--amazing north Indian, the likes of which I've only seen before in Lahore and Delhi. I have developed a addiction for traditional yogurt drinks ( lassies) and BBQ chicken boneless. The value too is incredible,( very reasonable). Excellent food with great service. Surely you too were feel so happy after got tasty food at this place.

• Fresh at Chilli Si-Dang: Great Food on the Beautiful Riverside

by tonydonovan Written Mar 22, 2011

this restaurant/bar is a piece of heaven in this town. overlooking the siem reap river the views are beautiful. a couple of minutes from the busy pub street this place has a relaxed atmosphere with helpful staff the restaurtant has a friendly feel. with a good following of expats and tourists this bar always has somebody interesting to talk to. a great place for someone who likes a slightly quieter environment this is a must in siem reap!!!

Favorite Dish: the food in Fresh at Chilli Si-Dang has an eclectic mix of dishes from all over. my particular favourites were the falafels and hummus and pita. the burgers are hugh and full of flavour honestly some of the best ive had. everything on the menu is of a high standard which explains the ever so slightly more expensive prices compared to other places around but it is well worth every penny.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• New Delhi Indian Restaurant: Classic Indian Food

by SRPPA Written Mar 14, 2011

This Indian food restaurant in Siem Reap, serves excellent food, and is very reasonably priced. The Chicken Masala (a kind of chicken curry) has nice pieces of chicken, and is not too spicy. But you can order the level of spice you want. Meals are served with either rice or naan. The Pakoda is exceptionally tasty. An entire meal including drink is only about $5. The service is good, and alcohol is available. They also serve vegetarian food.
    Please note that they make everything to order, and some dishes may take some time to prepare, especially if they are busy. You should ask how long it will take for your order.
    If you like good Indian food, or even if you haven’t tried Indian food, travelers to Siem Reap should give it a try.
    They are open from 8am to 11pm.

Favorite Dish: My favorites are the Pakoda (a dumpling stuffed with potato & spices), and Dum Subz Bahar (stuffed tomato cooked in a spicy sauce)!!!!

• JessieLang's Profile Photo

Blue Pumpkin: A fun spot

by JessieLang Written Mar 9, 2011

Blue Pumpkin-2nd floor dining

It's a little hard to categorize this place--some Khmer food, but also pasta, sandwiches, and really good salads. It also has the best ice cream in town. Great place for lunch

The restaurant is on 3 levels--the second floor has big sofas where you can sit and connect to Wi-Fi as you have lunch, and a few tables by the window overlooking the street. The third floor (which I didn't see) is supposed to be non-smoking.

Favorite Dish: I had a big salad--safe and delicious. And then some ice cream.

• aveon's Profile Photo

Meric: So-so Tasting Menu

by aveon Updated Feb 25, 2011

I believe the best way to experience a new place is to taste their local cuisine. I wanted to try the best khmer cuisine in town so I figured a tasting menu would be the way to go. I chose Meric at the Hotel de la Paix. Being located inside a ritzy hotel I decided to place a reservation and to ask if they had a dress code. It seems that Siem Reap in general is not much for dress codes except for exposed shoulders.

A language barrier can be a cause of bad service. Since we arrived 15 minutes before opening, we asked if we could be seated to order a drink while waiting for the restaurant to open. They pointed us to a pretty al fresco seating area where we were able to order our drinks. 20 minutes later, they were spraying our surroundings to drive away Mosquitos. In then asked if we could now be seated indoors because of the mosquitos but maybe they did not understand me because they would not take us inside, even if there were guests already dining. So a few more minutes passed until I insisted on being seated indoors.

Favorite Dish: Sadly, of the 7-course menu, it was the dessert that impressed me the most. Maybe my taste buds were not used to the flavor but I generally found the cuisine bland.

This was the 7-course menu:

Pounded ambarella with dried snake
    Seaweed salad with skate wing
    Braised prahok with coconut milk and Khmer crudités
    Braised beef shank with palm sugar and star anise
    Stir fried calamari with fresh green pepper corn
    Bar fish sour soup with coconut milk and water cress
    Assorted Khmer sweets

• aazizikl's Profile Photo

LITTLE INDIA RESTAURANT: Don't GO THERE, THEY ARE CHEATING

by aazizikl Written Dec 19, 2010

I often visiting to siem reap due to my business peruse. There are muslim / Halal food options very limited. Recently i found a place on web and local guide books advertised a restaurant named Little India serving Halal Food near pub street. During my recent visit in siem reap I went to that place and inquired about food to make sure is it Halal or Not? Local staff and owner was just answered me “food is Halal”. When I asked “what is halal”? they kept quite, even they did not know about actual things and meanings about Halal. I was angry on them because they are lying and cheating to Muslim customers for money. I mentioned these things in my blog too. This same things doing other non muslim Indian Restaurants too.

Favorite Dish: Any restaurant can not claim and advertise about Halal Food with Non Muslim ownership/ management/chef/ kitchen staff. So, 100% Surely this restaurant is not serving Halal food. I did not eat here and told to my friends and known persons too.
    Halal / Muslim food available in Siem reap on following places:

1-Local food :
    Khmer Muslim Restaurant; next to neak mah Mosque

2-Malysian food
    D Wau Restaurant: No 275, Road No. 6, near Psa Leo Market.

3-Indian / Pakistani Food
    Maharajah Restaurant: Street No. 7, Old Market Area.

• Safari
    • Trains
    • Beer Tasting

• Curry Walla: Curry Alarm

by RonaldoAngkor Written Oct 5, 2009

The menu consists of lots of vegetarian and non vegetarian dishes. It was not so easy to chose for us as they all promised to be delicious. But in the end we decided for chicken korma with garlic naan and basmati rice. It was fantastic. The curry was a combination of cream, yogurt, ginger, garlic and coconut powder. The rice was properly cooked and the Naan bread was the tastiest I have ever had in my life. The staffs were so friendly.

Favorite Dish: In my first visit I ordered chicken Korma with Naan which was marvelous.
    After that we had the obligatory Chai Tea that was great.

V and A: Classic Vegetarian Cuisine

by AlbuqRay Updated Jun 19, 2009

V and A Vegetarian Restaurant

I did not actually eat there but I did see a restaurant in Siem Reap that was explicitly vegetarian. It was called V and A, and looked nice. Actually I think several restaurants have vegetarian selections on their menus, including the Khmer Kitchen (e.g. their oven sweet potato dishes have a "vegetables" option).

• Hiking and Walking

Ancient House Restaurant: Burmese Food in Siem Reap

by AlbuqRay Updated May 19, 2009

Ancient House Restaurant

Since VT member, Eithwe, is from Myanmar, she and her colleague, Toe, met me for dinner at the Ancient House Restaurant. They have authentic Burmese food with weekly specials, as well as Cambodian and western food. I did not realize it but Ei had pre-ordered a special noodle dish with sour soup on the side for all of us, and I ordered another Burmese set dinner off the menu ($6.00). I got the spicy curry pork and eggplant with steamed rice, sour soup, and bar-le-chung-gyaw (a condiment for rice and noodles made of dried shrimp pounded and fried with onions, garlic and chili powder). Dessert was fried bananas. Needless to say, there was plenty to eat. It was all good but those noodles were the best, LOL. We ended up eating there again after the trip to Tonle Sap Lake. There are very nice reviews on the Rambling Spoon and Globalsapiens. The Ancient House hours are 10 AM - late.

Khmer Kitchen: Best Khmer Food in Siem Reap

by AlbuqRay Updated May 19, 2009

Khmer Kitchen Restaurant Near the Funky Munky

The Khmer Kitchen was recommended by my guide, Peng Thai. We went there for lunch on my last day in Siem Reap. It was excellent! The Khmer Kitchen has two locations. If one is crowded, try the other one. The main location is in the passage near the northeast end of Pub Street Alley. We actually ate at the other one, which is one block northwest of the west corner of the Old Market on Street 11.

Favorite Dish: Peng Thai ordered one of the Khmer Kitchen specialties, Pumpkin in Oven with shrimp ($3). Sophen got Korko Soup with chicken ($3). I got the Pumpkin and Coconut Soup with pork ($3). The pumpkin dishes turned out to be especially good. Mine was a delicious stew with chunks of pumpkin, long beans, pork, and coconut curry gravy.

BBQ Suki and Seafood: Cook Your Own Meal

by AlbuqRay Updated May 17, 2009

BBQ Suki and Seafood

At BBQ Suki and Seafood you can order off the menu or cook your own dinner on a combination grill and suki soup pot (it looks like a volcano with a moat) at your table using selections from a large buffet. It is $5.50 for each person for all you can eat. A basic broth is provided (and refilled) but by the time you have cooked several things, it becomes a very nice soup. I have eaten in a similar type place in Malaysia, where it is called "steamboat." BBQ Suki is only open for dinner (5 PM - Late).

Instant Answers: Siem Reap

Comments

Siem Reap Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Siem Reap restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Siem Reap sightseeing.