Siem Reap Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Siem Reap

• rosequartzlover1's Profile Photo

Viva hotel and restaurant: Viva hotel and restaurant

by rosequartzlover1 Written Mar 12, 2014

The first night I arrived Siem reap quite late ,I need some nice dinner and our hotel had close the kitchen already that time (10pm) so I walked towards pub street ,the main street for night life ..full of pub and restaurant.But the I need a little less crowded place than pub street tonight so I found this nice looking one, on a corner of old market ..Viva hotel and restaurant.There a lot of choice in the menu , with local Cambodian , Mexican,western and some Thai food .The price are cheap..main dish is between 3-6 $, local dish is 3-5$ ,draft beer is 0.75$(some day even cheaper 0.50$ only) and my mango+lime smoothie is 2$.I ordered some local spicy prawn soup.It looks so much the same as Thai Tom yum kung soup,so I treid.The test is too mild,not spicy and not sour as it should be..I love Thai Tom yum kung much more.This soup was 3$ I think.And the fruit plate was 2 $ .The banana you see in the picture is green but it's already mature and delicious.The atmosphere is ok with some chill music and not so loud,.and watching people go by.Cambodian style..

Soup Dragon: One Good Meal and One Bad Meal

by AlbuqRay Updated May 15, 2009

The Soup Dragon is a popular Siem Reap restaurant that Lonely Planet recommends highly. It has first and second floor dining areas and a rooftop bar. I tried it for breakfast on the first morning that I was in Siem Reap. I had the Pho Bo (beef noodles, $1.25) and it was quite good. Another breakfast item, Bo Kho (Cambodian beef stew with bread, $1.25) also sounded good.

Two evenings later I decided to try the Soup Dragon for dinner. Lonely Planet had said that the spicy clay pot with fish was delicious, so I ordered it ($4). What a disappointment! I eat clay pots at Vietnamese restaurants in Albuquerque. What I got at the Soup Dragon was not a clay pot even though the ticket said it was. It was not in a clay pot and there was no cooked morning-glory (or any stir-fried greens). To top it off, the flavor of what they did serve was mediocre. I decided not to return for the Bo Kho.

Pub Street Side of Soup Dragon First Floor Dining Area Good Pho Bo Not a Clay Pot
    • Hiking and Walking

Viva: Mexican Food in Siem Reap

by AlbuqRay Updated May 15, 2009

I had been gone almost a month and was craving New Mexican food. I had seen a "Mexican" restaurant called Viva on Pub Street and decided to try it. I stopped at the "nom ping" cart on the way and got my "sopaipillas." Saturday night happened to be taco special night ($1.00 each) at Viva. I got a taco, tortilla soup ($2.50), and a pork burrito plate ($4.50). I knew it was too much but I wanted to try several things. Viva was more Tex-Mex style but with very mild salsa. The taco and pork burrito were good but I missed having real chile in the salsa. I would not get the tortilla soup again; it was pretty bland but I ate it anyway, LOL. I was so full that I had to save my "nom pings" for later.

Viva Mexican Restaurant Viva Indoor Dining Area Tortilla Soup and Pork Burrito Plate
    • Hiking and Walking

Cart on Sivatha Street: Cambodian Sopaipillas

by AlbuqRay Updated May 15, 2009

I was walking up Sivatha Street one day and saw a street vendor cooking something that looked like what we call sopaipillas. I asked several locals what they were called and most did not know; however, one of the staff said they were "nom ping." At least it sounded like that. They are delicious and only 500 riel each. They are essentially a sweet puffy fried bread with sesame seeds. I got them several times. Even though they are fried, they are still good cold for breakfast (kind of a donut substitute). I have tried to find them online but have been unsuccessful so far.

Cambodian Sopaipillas Rolling the Dough

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Haven: Really is a great place

by blueskyjohn Updated Sep 29, 2014

This is a small restaurant near the night market on a side street. I did not have reservations but thought I would drop in. When they learned I was a party of one they were able to accommodate me at a couch area that was a little lower than the average table. It worked fine for me. The owner was very nice and told me a little about the restaurant. It really is a training restaurant and the local staff do a great job.

It is all outdoor seating but completely covered. The menu is small but definitely sufficient. I ordered the Khmer Curry with chicken. It was very good and the price is great. I should have ordered a second one.

Hours of operation:

Thursday 11:30 am – 9:30 pm
    Friday 11:30 am – 9:30 pm
    Saturday 11:30 am – 9:30 pm
    Sunday Closed

Reservations are highly recommended. They fill up quick even several days out. I must visit when you are in Siem Reap.

• Cathy&Gary's Profile Photo

Kampuccino Pizza & Restaurant: Kampuccino Pizza & Restaurant

by Cathy&Gary Updated Mar 21, 2009

Kampuccino Pizza & Restaurant

This lovely restaurant is on the river road. They have a great International & Khmer menu (not just pizza).
    The restaurant has been around for many years and is very popular.
    Breakfast is served all day and you can sit indoor or at the curbside seating.

Soup serves are huge so watch out if you are ordering a main course as well.
    Their Khmer Chicken Curry is great!!
    The meal we had at Kampuccino Pizza and the prices are:

2 x Garlic Bread
    2 x Tom Yum Soups
    2 x Khmer Chicken Curry
    2 x Large Beers
    1 x Soft Drink
    Total Bill was $17

Everything was delicious but we ordered way to much and could not eat it all, there was a woman begging out the front of the restaurant (holding a small child) while we were eating.

We organised with the staff to take a lot of the food we had ordered out to her. She woke the little boy up and he ate the lot, she did not eat anything, but it was obvious she was happy the child had food.

Location: 362 Pokambor Avenue (Old market area on the river front road)
    Opening Hours :7:00AM - Late
    Telephone : 012-835762

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

The Blue Pumpkin: Relaxing place for Ice Cream

by blueskyjohn Updated Sep 29, 2014

There are several of these places around town. They all have the same set up. The different thing here is the lounge couches where you can stretch out your legs on a couch with a bed table for your coffee or ice cream. Kind of cool and definitely different for a bakery/ice cream place. They do have fairly good ice cream. The other bonus is they have free wifi.

• stevemt's Profile Photo

The Siem Reap Bar: Want to try local?

by stevemt Written Mar 4, 2013

This place is a typical local asian style bar, concrete floor, no door at all, just open to the street, cheap food and cheep drinks.

Great for a snack at lunchtime, or a beer with some cheap munchies.

All food is $1.75, 1/2 pint of beer $1.00

Food menu is per the photo. As I said, local, but effective for what it was.

• Cathy&Gary's Profile Photo

Shadow of Angkor Restaurant and GuestHouse: Shadow of Angkor Restaurant and GuestHouse

by Cathy&Gary Written Jul 22, 2006

The Shadow of Angkor Restaurant and GuestHouse is right on the riverfront in a beautiful renovated French colonial building.

It is family run and the staff and family are very friendly, food is excellent and its always service with a smile. We liked this place so much whenever we walked past we would stop and have a drink or snack.

Favorite Dish: An example of some prices for meals and drinks are:
    Large Angkor Beer $1.50
    Bacardi & Coke $2
    Entree of Spring Rolls (huge serves) $4.80
    Bangers & Mash (main course) $4
    Fried Squid with pepper (main course) $3

Drinks are even cheaper during happy hour!!

• Beer Tasting

• rosequartzlover1's Profile Photo

Street vendor at Pub street

by rosequartzlover1 Written Mar 29, 2014

If you need to try eating some insects ,you can find them along Pub street and around.It's easy to find.In fact, cooked bugs is nothing new. In my country,Thai people, especially those in the North and Northeast had eaten bugs for more than a century and I think it should be the same in neighbouring countries around Thailand too ,including Cambodia. Incredibly, there are around 200 types of edible insects in these region.Cambodia and Thailand, however, are not the only entomophagous (bug-eating) country. The Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) says people in 112 other nations in Asia, Africa, Europe and South America have long eaten insects. So far the way they cook ...is to fry them.Some dip it into some sauce like chilli sauce or just some slightly of salt.They said the taste is not that bad..like ..'grass hopper' taste like 'fried bean',..'cricket' taste like 'pop corn',...'worm' taste like 'fried bean'..
    Many said they have good nutrition and high vitamins!! Especially protien and some mineral like..'iron'
    I myslef used to try "cricket" and "grass hopper" and they are really not that bad.I dipped them with chilli sauce and I can say ..it's delicious..but I still don't have courage to try "tarantula" yet..may be next time...
    In these 2 pictures They sell everything one price ..1 $ per portion.THey have fried "Tarantula"..,"snake".., "worm".., "shrimp"
    BON APPETTIT ..!!

Tarantula ..anyone!!.?

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Hansa BBQ & & Seafood Restaurant: Eat All You Can!

by theguardianangel Updated Nov 20, 2012

The ambience is good. Lots of people are coming- group of families, friends and tourists, etc. Some are eating and some eat while drinking. We just waited for a few minute before somebody was able to accommodate us since there are a lot of customers that night. We even waited for an available table to occupy. I think there were 7 waiters and only 1 knows how to speak English that’s why we have to wait every time we have something to request. The drinks- coke, bottled water, coffee, etc. needs to be paid separately and costs 1.5USD.

Favorite Dish: The restaurant wasn’t that far away from where we stay and we only walked about 7 minutes only to get here. 3.5USD for eat all you can. Not bad right? My friend and I seem not to have eaten like a century that we got a lot of food in the buffet table. We were really starving! Haha! Lots of food varieties were served-Thai cuisine. Different kinds of noodles, fruits, vegetables, chicken, pork, beef, seafoods, soups, etc. This resto was a shabu-shabu style, wherein you’ll have to cook the foods by yourself which we always enjoy.

• Beer Tasting

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Angkor Reach Restaurant: Regain your energy by "AMOK!"

by theguardianangel Written Nov 25, 2012

This restaurant is located just a few minutes away from the entrance of Angkor Wat. We were so tired after touring around the temple without having breakfast and as if my energy was absorbed by the very hot temperature... I'm losing my senses! Luckily, we have our very kind tuk-tuk driver/tour guide. He was very aware that we didn't have our breakfast so he brought us here in Angkor Reach to have lunch.

Angkor Reach is like a big canteen on the outside but when you get a closer look inside... the tables and chairs are arranged like as if, the place was transformed to a fine dining resto (exagerrated)... Well, it can be compared to a lesser fine dining resto, just not to lift your expectations very high. The tables were covered with white and green table clothes and the waiters/waitresses were on uniforms and friendly too.

Favorite Dish: The waiter suggested to try Amok chicken, that's what the local suggested so I bet it's great and that's what I ordered! Amok is a Khmer cuisine made of curry soup with chicken on it, spiced with lots and lots of sliced red peppers and bamboo shoots. I love spicy foods and this just rocked my world! It’s very tasty! The spring rolls are crunch and very tasty too! We also ordered coconut juice and it’s great to be served cold.,, very refreshing.

in between the coconut fruits Amok chicken spring rolls, anyone?

• Paco_Francisco's Profile Photo

Maharajah Restaurant: the best curry in siem reap

by Paco_Francisco Updated Apr 4, 2011

Never thought that Indian food would be this good in Siem Reap but it was.
    We love Indian food and found real quality at Maharajah. Without a doubt, one of the best indian food I had so far...Delicious,
    We ate here a couple of times during our stay in siem reap, and all the times the dishes we chose were absolutely delicious. Their chicken karahi and channa curry in particular were great, as was their nan bread. The service was quick enough,
    Just be aware of the spice level and speak to the owner who can adjust to your tastes.
    The bill wasn't at all painful and their customer turnover showed that they were well known. Well worth a visit.

Favorite Dish: Qeema Nan and Shami kabab was amazing and unforgettable. palak paneer and garlic nan also quite nice. BBQ chicken was crispy and authentic.

food biryani menu front

• riffatnoreen's Profile Photo

Maharajah Restaurant: Best Indian Food In Siem Reap

by riffatnoreen Updated Apr 4, 2011

If you want authentic Indian food, this is the place to go. Located at middle of Old, Central and Night Markets. It's a clean & safe place with the best food during my trip. The freshness and spices really stood out. The food is generally of a much higher quality than other Indian restaurants.
    Extensive Photo menu had a very nice selection of North Indian Dishes. Prices are very less then my expectations.
    I have dined here many times & been pleased each time.
    My most favorite Paneer korma was some of the softest and creamiest paneer curry with cashew I've ever had. Stuffed Vegetable Nan was extremely tasty I could eat it everyday.
    Chicken Curry was very different from typical Curry I've had before.
    Thali Set was refreshing and a delicious variety of meat, vegetables and fish.
    Tandoori was Excellent BBQ Chicken and Mutton Biryani was the best, I could also eat that everyday. There are also wide variety of Indian Tea, shakes, juices, Lassies (I recommend Mango lassie).I also ordered the mix raita with almost every meal, I love it. The staff are very polite and efficient. Good service, best food, very reasonable price - would recommend highly to anyone visiting Siem Reap.

Favorite Dish: Tandoori is Excellent BBQ Chicken, Thali Set is refreshing and a delicious variety of meat, vegetables and fish.Chicken Curry is very different from typical Curry.
    Mutton Biryani is the best,wide variety of Indian Tea, shakes, juices, Lassies (I recommend Mango lassie).mix raita with almost every meal,Paneer korma is some of the softest and creamiest paneer curry with cashew.

• BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo

Father's Restaurant: Best Amok in town? You be the judge

by BorneoGrrl Written Sep 1, 2011

Father's Restaurant is a great place to try out the Khmer cuisine because there is a variety of local favorites and more available at affordable prices. It's located at the Central Market, in an open air food court. "Father" will recommend you some of the favorite dishes and cook them fresh for you. His "amok" dish is touted as the best in Siem Reap.

There's an impressive website set up to promote Father's restaurant and you can decide on what you want. There's also western & Chinese dishes but when in Cambodia ......

Pro :
    Good inexpensive food
    Friendly service
    Free wifi

Con:
    Since it's open air, the stifling weather did bother me a bit while eating spicy foods

Favorite Dish: I'm salivating just thinking about it but my favorites have to be the Amok and Khmer red curry, washed down with fresh fruit juices.

Amok Father's Restaurant
    • School Holidays

Instant Answers: Siem Reap

Comments

Siem Reap Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Siem Reap restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Siem Reap sightseeing.