Siem Reap Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Siem Reap

• akkipaa's Profile Photo

Little Italy: Taste of Italy (only once)

by akkipaa Updated Mar 19, 2013

Normally once in all our trips we take an Italian restaurant. Only once, you need some distance to Asian food, but really only once. MDs or KFC we don't visit unless it's an emergency situation (has happened only once in last 10 years, MDs was the only restaurant with warm food in tens of miles).

This place is in small street in the center and was a perfect shot. Service as usual, friendly and fast, food was good, but to be honest, I recommend to the cook some cooking courses in Italy, to practice pizza baking skills. All other 3 courses was excellent, pizza fillings were OK, but the bread part was tough, dry and tasteless.

The house wine they served was Sicilian and got really good ranking from us, one of the best we got in Cambodia.

Reasonable prices against quality, total bill 30,50$, but avoid pizzas as I told.

Favorite Dish: In our menu:
    - Salmon and vegetable bruchettes (photo 3)
    - Salami pizza (photo 5)
    - Pasta chichen gorgontzola (photo 4)
    - red wine (half litre, 8$) and beer

• akkipaa's Profile Photo

Ton Le Chaktomuk: Vietnamese and Khmer Buffee

by akkipaa Written Mar 19, 2013

If you are are hungry, like Khmer or Vietnamese food this is the right place to you. It's located close to National Museum, on to opposite side of the road, a little bit towards town.

The restaurant is nice and the food is extremely good, but be warned, we Finns tend to eat and drink everything we get and it's a little dangerous in this kind of eat as much you like place. To be honest there are so many different styles of items that I doubt that one can taste and try them all.

Might be crowded, so let's have our romantic dinners somewhere else, here we should concentrate to food.

Openin times
    - lunch 11:00AM to 2:00PM and
    - dinner 6:00PM to 9:00PM (Cambodian shadow puppet show in several evenings).

Favorite Dish: My favorites? OK, one of my friends has learned me, it's Chicken Satay (Ga Nuong) with Peanut Sauce :). And as Vietnamese food lover the second is Poo and as now almost a Khmer I liked Amok Fish. Oh, almost forgot the desert, try Sticky Rice stuff with Palm Sugar!

• aazizikl's Profile Photo

LITTLE INDIA RESTAURANT: Don't GO THERE, THEY ARE CHEATING

by aazizikl Written Dec 19, 2010

I often visiting to siem reap due to my business peruse. There are muslim / Halal food options very limited. Recently i found a place on web and local guide books advertised a restaurant named Little India serving Halal Food near pub street. During my recent visit in siem reap I went to that place and inquired about food to make sure is it Halal or Not? Local staff and owner was just answered me “food is Halal”. When I asked “what is halal”? they kept quite, even they did not know about actual things and meanings about Halal. I was angry on them because they are lying and cheating to Muslim customers for money. I mentioned these things in my blog too. This same things doing other non muslim Indian Restaurants too.

Favorite Dish: Any restaurant can not claim and advertise about Halal Food with Non Muslim ownership/ management/chef/ kitchen staff. So, 100% Surely this restaurant is not serving Halal food. I did not eat here and told to my friends and known persons too.
    Halal / Muslim food available in Siem reap on following places:

1-Local food :
    Khmer Muslim Restaurant; next to neak mah Mosque

2-Malysian food
    D Wau Restaurant: No 275, Road No. 6, near Psa Leo Market.

3-Indian / Pakistani Food
    Maharajah Restaurant: Street No. 7, Old Market Area.

• Safari
    • Trains
    • Beer Tasting

• Curry Walla: Curry Alarm

by RonaldoAngkor Written Oct 5, 2009

The menu consists of lots of vegetarian and non vegetarian dishes. It was not so easy to chose for us as they all promised to be delicious. But in the end we decided for chicken korma with garlic naan and basmati rice. It was fantastic. The curry was a combination of cream, yogurt, ginger, garlic and coconut powder. The rice was properly cooked and the Naan bread was the tastiest I have ever had in my life. The staffs were so friendly.

Favorite Dish: In my first visit I ordered chicken Korma with Naan which was marvelous.
    After that we had the obligatory Chai Tea that was great.

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Chomnor Siem Reap Restaurant: Get amused by the food's name!

by theguardianangel Updated Nov 25, 2012
    Lok-Lak

We arrived late in Siem Reap and also starving. It was already past 10pm and the only open restaurant was Chomnor Siem Reap Restaurant which was located across the street and adjacent to the Apsara Mart.

The restaurant serves local dishes and prices are in USD. The restaurant presentation is purely local; when we arrived, same thing happened, all eyes are on us. The place also seems more like a bar. There are 3 waitresses and only one speaks English but they are all friendly and happy to serve us, wehe. The resto serves lunch and dinner only.

Favorite Dish: The baked egg-plat with fried minced pork- I expected the minced pork to be minced pork literally but it was just like sliced pork, haha. Also from the name, it says “Baked” but nothing was baked... was it the egg!?? no way! how about the "plat".. I guess it pertained to the egg lying "flat" above the pork!???? or just the eggplant!???

The name just doesn’t fit when the food was served. My friends and I have this habit of discussing how things were called or how it happened that way, haha. But still no regrets!!! We like it the taste of it. I just find it amusing, haha! Before I forget, rice is sold separately.

Lok-Lak, another Khmer cuisine made of stir fried marinated beef marinated served with lettuce, tomatoes and fried egg on top.

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

Mr Grill: Nice resto where the locals gather to eat

by cochinjew Written Mar 18, 2013

This place which is on the other side of the river in Siem Reap is frequented by people who live in Siem Reap, so you dont see the tourists here.
    ope air, great service and a variety of food all with local flavour

Favorite Dish: we had a variety of dishes the photos are shown below

• aveon's Profile Photo

Meric: So-so Tasting Menu

by aveon Updated Feb 25, 2011

I believe the best way to experience a new place is to taste their local cuisine. I wanted to try the best khmer cuisine in town so I figured a tasting menu would be the way to go. I chose Meric at the Hotel de la Paix. Being located inside a ritzy hotel I decided to place a reservation and to ask if they had a dress code. It seems that Siem Reap in general is not much for dress codes except for exposed shoulders.

A language barrier can be a cause of bad service. Since we arrived 15 minutes before opening, we asked if we could be seated to order a drink while waiting for the restaurant to open. They pointed us to a pretty al fresco seating area where we were able to order our drinks. 20 minutes later, they were spraying our surroundings to drive away Mosquitos. In then asked if we could now be seated indoors because of the mosquitos but maybe they did not understand me because they would not take us inside, even if there were guests already dining. So a few more minutes passed until I insisted on being seated indoors.

Favorite Dish: Sadly, of the 7-course menu, it was the dessert that impressed me the most. Maybe my taste buds were not used to the flavor but I generally found the cuisine bland.

This was the 7-course menu:

Pounded ambarella with dried snake
    Seaweed salad with skate wing
    Braised prahok with coconut milk and Khmer crudités
    Braised beef shank with palm sugar and star anise
    Stir fried calamari with fresh green pepper corn
    Bar fish sour soup with coconut milk and water cress
    Assorted Khmer sweets

• Ecstatic Pizza: Good Pizza & More

by SRPPA Updated Apr 4, 2011

I have eaten at Ecstatic Pizza several times, and I usually eat there when I am in Siem Reap. Every time it has been a good experience. The food is great, and the owner is very friendly.
    The last time I was there, I started with a Feta Cheese appetizer. Its called an appetizer, but it was huge! It was actually enough for 2 people. The vinaigrette dressing was delicious. Since there name is Ecstatic Pizza, of course I always have a pizza. They have about 20 different kinds of pizza, and they always come with plenty of cheese. The style in Cambodia is to make pizzas with thin crust, but you can order thick crust if you like.
    They also have breakfasts (English, Western, Brunch), and they specialize in omelets with about 10 different kinds. Prices are quite reasonable.

Favorite Dish: I also like their Eggplant Parmesan. Very tasty sauce and lots of cheese!

• New Delhi Indian Restaurant: Classic Indian Food

by SRPPA Written Mar 14, 2011

This Indian food restaurant in Siem Reap, serves excellent food, and is very reasonably priced. The Chicken Masala (a kind of chicken curry) has nice pieces of chicken, and is not too spicy. But you can order the level of spice you want. Meals are served with either rice or naan. The Pakoda is exceptionally tasty. An entire meal including drink is only about $5. The service is good, and alcohol is available. They also serve vegetarian food.
    Please note that they make everything to order, and some dishes may take some time to prepare, especially if they are busy. You should ask how long it will take for your order.
    If you like good Indian food, or even if you haven’t tried Indian food, travelers to Siem Reap should give it a try.
    They are open from 8am to 11pm.

Favorite Dish: My favorites are the Pakoda (a dumpling stuffed with potato & spices), and Dum Subz Bahar (stuffed tomato cooked in a spicy sauce)!!!!

• aberacadabra's Profile Photo

Blue Pumpkin: Caffeine fix

by aberacadabra Written Apr 18, 2011
    Blue Pumpkin

If you need a decent Latte or Capucino - the Blue Pumpkin brews a decent cup. Just don't expect anything fancy.

Favorite Dish: Nothing favorite. Just like to stretch my feet out on one of those sofas after a long day trekking through temples.

• Bob_Shan's Profile Photo

Traditional Khmer Food Restaurant: Traditional Khmer Food

by Bob_Shan Written Jan 3, 2009
    Yummy!

Right next to Cambodia BBQ, in the heart of pub street area. It offers very tasty local food, prices are sometimes half of other restaurants', while the environment was as nice.

Avg. USD10 per person you have have 4 dishes, rice plus 2 Angkor draft beers. What a bargain!

Visa and Master card acceptable. The owner has 2 other restaurants just 20 meters away: Temple Club and Khmer house

Favorite Dish: Beef Loc Lac, Soup, stir-fried chicken with vegetables.

• adelinemmc's Profile Photo

Khmer Kitchen: Central local restaurant

by adelinemmc Written Mar 20, 2014
    Cambodian savoury buns

Busy local restaurant catering mostly to tourists. Most dishes at around $4. Service a bit slow but the food is definitely worth the wait!
    I tried prahok for the first time, this is fermented fish paste. Sounds yucky but it was very good with the chicken and other spices & lots of thai basil.
    What was weird were the raw vegs on the side: cucumber, raw beans, raw aubergine & raw white cabbage. I think the idea is to combine the tangy taste of the prohok chicken with the coll fresh raw vegs. I saw this dish a bit everywhere in Cambodia, always with raw vegs that you'd usually eat cooked.
    The buns were good but not spectacular.

Favorite Dish: Everything looked good. Cambodian food was a true revelation!

• stevemt's Profile Photo

Kymer Royal Hotel: Excelent value, and great food

by stevemt Written Mar 4, 2013

Excellent value here, also the food is wonderful

The prices are great as well

Favorite Dish: Rrfesh prawn spring rolls.

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

Maharaja: Very ordinary Indian Food

by cochinjew Written Mar 18, 2013

wanted to have a simple Indian meal and i was totally disappointed at this restaurant. the food had a bland taste.

• Bob_Shan's Profile Photo

FCC Angkor: FCC Angkor

by Bob_Shan Written Jan 3, 2009

Beautiful building, typical colonial style, French and local food, nice but could be better. I bet most people are here for the ambiance.

Favorite Dish: Dessert: chocolate made in 3 ways

Instant Answers: Siem Reap

Comments

Siem Reap Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Siem Reap restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Siem Reap sightseeing.