Siem Reap Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Siem Reap

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Chomnor Siem Reap Restaurant: Get amused by the food's name!

by theguardianangel Updated Nov 25, 2012

We arrived late in Siem Reap and also starving. It was already past 10pm and the only open restaurant was Chomnor Siem Reap Restaurant which was located across the street and adjacent to the Apsara Mart.

The restaurant serves local dishes and prices are in USD. The restaurant presentation is purely local; when we arrived, same thing happened, all eyes are on us. The place also seems more like a bar. There are 3 waitresses and only one speaks English but they are all friendly and happy to serve us, wehe. The resto serves lunch and dinner only.

Favorite Dish: The baked egg-plat with fried minced pork- I expected the minced pork to be minced pork literally but it was just like sliced pork, haha. Also from the name, it says “Baked” but nothing was baked... was it the egg!?? no way! how about the "plat".. I guess it pertained to the egg lying "flat" above the pork!???? or just the eggplant!???

The name just doesn’t fit when the food was served. My friends and I have this habit of discussing how things were called or how it happened that way, haha. But still no regrets!!! We like it the taste of it. I just find it amusing, haha! Before I forget, rice is sold separately.

Lok-Lak, another Khmer cuisine made of stir fried marinated beef marinated served with lettuce, tomatoes and fried egg on top.

Lok-Lak dinner on a very late night still smiling sleepy heads?

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

Mr Grill: Nice resto where the locals gather to eat

by cochinjew Written Mar 18, 2013

This place which is on the other side of the river in Siem Reap is frequented by people who live in Siem Reap, so you dont see the tourists here.
    ope air, great service and a variety of food all with local flavour

Favorite Dish: we had a variety of dishes the photos are shown below

Khmer Angkor Kitchen: Khmer Angkor Kitchen

by Cathy&Gary Written Mar 30, 2013

Khmer Angkor Kitchen only opened in 2012 and it is not as one Trip Advisor review has said a restaurant near Pub Street, though there are similar sounding restaurant names.

This restaurant is in the Angkor Archaeological Park.

The restaurant is lovely with an open air downstairs section and an air-conditioned area upstairs; it is nicely decorated with views of the lake. The owner is a lovely man and wanted us to let him know what else he could do to make his new restaurant attractive to tourists.

I think he is definitely on the right track, it is a bright, clean cheerful place with good toilets and we really enjoyed having lunch here. There menu is quite big with photos of every meal and they range around the $4 to $5 price.

We highly recommend a visit to the Khmer Angkor Kitchen; it is a good stop on the way back from Banteay Srey.

Khmer Angkor Kitchen Khmer Angkor Kitchen Khmer Angkor Kitchen Khmer Angkor Kitchen

Kitchen Angkor Chey: Kitchen Angkor Chey

by Cathy&Gary Written Mar 30, 2013

This wooden two story restaurant is down a little alley near the night market on Sivutha Rd behind the Cambodia Commercial Bank and it is a very touristy place, the car park is full of tuk tuk drivers and mini busses. The place looks nice enough but it is quite expensive for Siem Reap.

The staff are more interested in getting you to choose the $16 set menu which is 3 courses however we did not want a set lunch so we were prepared to leave and they gave us the normal menu.

The menu also has photos of the meals so my sister ordered the lobster dish and when it came out it was prawns, when she said it was the wrong meal they laughed and said the menu is wrong and they need to change it!

My morning glory and chicken was terrible, very bland and after a few spoonfuls I gave up on it, this would have to be the worst meal I have had in Cambodia.

We also ordered cocktails which were extremely watered down. While sitting there we watched one of the guys who spoke very good English go to all the tables around us asking people to write a review on Trip Advisor for them and yes as we were leaving he asked us to as well.

Not a problem!

I would never recommend this place, it is expensive, the food is rubbish and their goal is to push for reviews.

Kitchen Angkor Chey Kitchen Angkor Chey Kitchen Angkor Chey Kitchen Angkor Chey Kitchen Angkor Chey
    • Photography

Red Piano: Red Piano

by Cathy&Gary Written Mar 31, 2013

Our friend Sameth drove up from Phnom Penh to visit us, we have all been friends for nearly 8 years now and it was so exciting to see him again.

Sameth wanted to go to the Red Piano for dinner, the food was below average and service was slow, but it was fun sitting upstairs watching the busloads of people standing out the front, taking photos of the Red Piano sign then being moved on by their guides.

All they want is to be able to say they saw the restaurant Angelina Jolie went to and had a cocktail called a Tomb Raider!

The bill for 5 of us with drinks, entrees and main courses was just under $60.

I would not rate the Red Piano as a must see place.

Red Piano Red Piano Red Piano Red Piano Red Piano

Pub Street: Pub Street

by Cathy&Gary Written Mar 31, 2013

Well the name says it all, it is a Pub Street with lots of bars and restaurants, it is the perfect place to a refreshing drink and some people watching after a day at the Temples. It is a walking street at night and gets extremely busy.

There are quite a few shops & massage places here as well and do not worry about getting back to your hotel as there are tuk tuks everywhere. The whole area around Pub Street comes alive at night with loud music, live bands and people having fun.

There are also places with big screen televisions so you do not have to miss your favorite sporting events.

Pub Street Pub Street Pub Street Pub Street Pub Street

Old Markets: Old Markets

by Cathy&Gary Written Mar 31, 2013

The Old Markets in Siem Reap are a one stop shop all under the same roof for absolutely everything you can think of, fresh meats, vegetables, hairdressers, food stalls, clothes and statues etc. It is also the place for some delicious authentic Khmer food. There is not a lot of room in here and I love how the sellers sit among their goods especially the vegetables!

You can haggle the prices of nearly everything in here. The food market opens very early and closes mid afternoon but the clothing and souvenir section stay open until early evening.

It is a lot of fun in here watching the hustle and bustle and our lunch of freshly cooked noodles, vegetables and egg was delicious for 40 cents each.

Most definitely worth a visit.

Old Markets Old Markets Old Markets Old Markets Old Markets

Che Leang: Che Leang

by Cathy&Gary Written Apr 6, 2013

Che Leang Restaurant is right out the front of Angkor Wat, so it is a very popular place. We had been looking around the Bayon complex when I started to feel quite sick, I just could not hydrate myself no matter how much I was drinking, so we decided it was time for a big rest and a very sweet sugar loaded drink.

Marom took us to Che Leang restaurant and lucky he did as just after we arrived we were hit by a torrential storm. So drinks are in order and I downed 2 cans of fizzy drinks in a few seconds and instantly started to feel better.

The storm lasted for about one and a half hours so we had lunch here which was very nice and then continued on with our day of visiting Temples.

Che Leang Che Leang Che Leang Che Leang Che Leang
    • Photography

• rosequartzlover1's Profile Photo

World lounge

by rosequartzlover1 Written Jun 1, 2014

The night after long day riding bicycle ,I and my mate agree to sit back and relax with some good food and cold drink some where along pub street.I prefer the out door table.It's about 8 pm and pub street seem to be very busy,almost all table were occupied.We have to walk around for a while and then see this restaurant has table available...kind of.. "no choice" but we walked in.The restaurant's atmosphere look nice but what we got was not so pleasant service.I ordered local food and my mate ordered a pizza.In the mean time we drink something during waiting for the food ..one drink finish ..second drink finish...I saw the table who arrived long before us just got their food..oh! ..no ...how about us..yes..after long waiting pizza arrived first and I have to wait for my simple local food for another long time after my mate had finished his food.Actually we were about to ask for the bill to go away from this incredible restaurant.I can eat some where else but when we asked the bill ..my food arrived..!! I'm not the people who are upset easily while hungry, but this service was really unacceptable.All staff are not friendly at all, even I tried to smile to them but only the wierd look to me in return.I ate only little and go.You know ..even asking to pay the bill,we had to wait million years...!!!!
    That's why I don't have any photos about the food here only one pic of the restaurant's name.
    I checked some comment from other travellers in other website..,many people complaint about the same thing.Will I go back there again ?...Absolutely ..NOT.

• littlebush's Profile Photo

Moloppor cafe: Perfect in every way

by littlebush Updated Oct 16, 2014

This place is located by the river so has river views if sitting outside. It's a Japanese style cafe but the menu had Japanese, Western and Cambodian food and very very good prices, from $1-4.
    Staff are friendly, service quick and good.
    They have outdoor seating and an upstairs aircon room with floor seating.
    Food was good-we went for salads and shakes and so e spring rolls to share ($10 all in)
    Nice chilled atmosphere and they've a book exchange section and wifi
    Perfect place to hang out, can't fault it at all.ok then, I can make one criticism, the portions are slightly on the small side (for us greedy sods anyway).

Went back again in the evening. Checked our their upstairs sauna and steam room which is an added feature.
    I tried a sweet potato and minced meat pie which was small but fantastic

Rina Rona: Cheap eats

by littlebush Written Oct 17, 2014

This place has a proper menu for dishes around $2-3 or you can eat street food already cooked for $1 a plate, which is what I went for. Fish looked abit dodgy but the pumpkin was lovely.
    Quick and easy and cheap food-located on the street adjacent to pub street.

K Story: Korean place

by littlebush Written Oct 17, 2014

K story is a Korean restaurant just a few mins walk from our hotel. Good friendly service and very decent sized salads ( large size)-$3.50 per salad so about average. Nice decor, outside or inside seating. A nice place.

• stevemt's Profile Photo

Kymer Royal Hotel: Excelent value, and great food

by stevemt Updated Jul 25, 2014

Excellent value here, also the food is wonderful

The prices are great as well

Favorite Dish: Fesh prawn spring rolls.

• Bob_Shan's Profile Photo

FCC Angkor: FCC Angkor

by Bob_Shan Written Jan 3, 2009

Beautiful building, typical colonial style, French and local food, nice but could be better. I bet most people are here for the ambiance.

Favorite Dish: Dessert: chocolate made in 3 ways

• Bob_Shan's Profile Photo

Cambodia BBQ: Cambodia BBQ

by Bob_Shan Written Jan 3, 2009

One of the biggest restaurant in Pub street area. Very delicious food.

Favorite Dish: For a 16 USD set you can have 5 type of meat: Chicken, Beef, Pork, Snake, Crocodile.

BBQ Tom Kam Soup Tom Kam Soup

Instant Answers: Siem Reap

Comments

Siem Reap Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Siem Reap restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Siem Reap sightseeing.