Siem Reap Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Siem Reap

• wls3's Profile Photo

Luxury Bus

by wls3 Written Mar 17, 2013

There is a new luxury bus service, the Giant Ibis, running between Siem Reap and the Cambodian capital, Phnom Penh. (In the other direction, it operates between PP and Sianoukville.)

It makes two runs a day, morning and afternoon. I took one from SR to PP and was amazed. New Hyundai bus that even has wireless connect. Air conditioned of course. Took around 6 hours, with two short toilet breaks en route. The vehicle was spotless clean and new....not like the clapped out refurbished wrecks you will probably find with any other bus company.

Price: $13USD 1-way!

• The night bus from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville

by Giovannich Written Mar 3, 2013

Warning!!! Do not take a night bus operating by Virak-Buntham Express Travel & Tour.
    We bough a ticket apparently from VIP company, yet received Virak express tickets.
    The bus was absolutelly crowded, not clean, and certainly not the one we have seen on the promotion poster. There was a sort of "Á/C", basically a box making an awful noise if nothing else, which was not possible to regulate or switch off, blowing a whole journey (11hrs) onto my face.
    No toilet on the boadr, no food as advertised, the only thing we got was a 0.3l of water.
    The driver made 2 stops during the journey, both by the main road so there was no chance to get a bit of a privacy unless you stepped into a dark spot where you could not seen where you are at all.
    The staff does not speak english & we had difficulties to find our luggage at the end of this horrible journey.
    According to the hotel owner who we have shared the story later with, the night buses are more less the same, whilst the day connections shall be of a better standard.

• Adventure Travel

• jonhstefan's Profile Photo

siem reap tuk tuk

by jonhstefan Written Feb 6, 2013

He was out tuk-tuk driver for 2 days and I would say that he is the best tour guide/driver in siem reap! We love his tuk-tuk, it was a very comfortable one with cushions and shades from rain or sun. Since it was raining during the time we visited the temples, Sam was very ready to protect us with any rainfall. He even had an umbrella with him. He also gave good ideas on where to eat at and what to buy, or how to say no to the vendors. He\'s a very honest driver - not that type who will take advantage of a tourist\'s innocence. I would highly recommend Sam Sa Vat :) Thanks Sam for a very interesting trip! ,

www.angkorbestdriver.com
    www.siemreaptuktuk.com

siem reap taxi driver siem reap tuk tuk driver

• limledi's Profile Photo

Recommend Tuktuk Driver - Saren Ret

by limledi Written Feb 2, 2013

I would highly recommend Saren Ret whose email is rentuktuk@yahoo.com. I booked a 3-day tour with him. He is a very nice guy who waits on you patiently even if you are almost an hour late. He is not conscious of time even if the tour finishes after dark. He's also very generous buying us corn cobs for snacks. Ren doesn't abuse you. Whenever we invite him to dine with us, he politely refuses. We were 4 pax in a group & he is generous to give us ice cold bottles of water. We paid him at the last day of the tour. We were so satisfied with him that we gave him a tip. I can say he has one of the best rate too.

Recommend Tuktuk Driver - Saren Ret

• AVOID Gold VIP bus scammers in Cambodia!

by sawwee Written Dec 28, 2012

I wanted to travel from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville and I made a terrible mistake: I bought a bus ticket from "Gold VIP Transport Service". (At some of their agents they called simply "Gold VIP bus".)
    The bus was advertised as a comfortable sleeping bus with 3 sleeping beds in one row. It was also told that it was a direct bus from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville and provided many extra services like free wifi and free drinking water.
    On the bus it turned out that it was NOT a sleeping bus at all, instead the sleeping beds we got some chairs with almost zero leg room. We tried to complain but the Glold VIP guys didn't care about that and suddenly they didn't understand English anymore.
    The bus departured with 1 hour delay and we were not informed nor about the reason neither the approximated time of the departure. The advertised "extra services" didn't exist at all, none of them, unless if you consider the kmehr lanuage soup opers we were forced to watch (or at least to listen) in the middle of the night on maximum volume in the bus.
    But the worse part came just in the morning: it turned out that our bus was NOT a direct bus as it was advertised for all the passangers (even though they bought their tickets to different destinations, LOL) but we had to change the bus two times. Each time we had to wait more than 2.5 hours to get the connecting bus and we were not informed about how long we had to wait. The connecting buses were in even worse condition, they were smelly, dirty and overcrowded, one of them had no air condition.
    Finally we got to Sihanoukville at 3 pm. instead of 10 am. Later I hear very similair stories about Gold VIP bus from other travellers.
    Fortunately you can find other bus companies in Siem Reap and you can get REAL sleeping bus and REAL direct bus to Sihanoukville (and to Phnom Penh, too.)

NOMO Bus going to Phnom Penh

by theguardianangel Written Dec 17, 2012

Because we were on a budget, we booked a bus going back to Phnom Penh through our guesthouse. We chose NOMO bus instead of Mekong since there’s a big price difference. Nomo Bus is only 8USD while Mekong is 15USD. Nomo Bus is also air conditioned. Bus tickets were given to us at that moment with the number seats on it. A staff picked up us in the guesthouse and did a few stop overs for the other customers along the way to the bus terminal.

Just don’t expect something similar with the services offered by Mekong. Since Nomo bus is cheaper, the vehicle that fetched us in the guesthouse is a non-air conditioned van and looks like it’s ready to be in the garage at any moment.

At the bus terminal, there are staffs seated infront of the bus and you have to show the
    bus tickets to get it stamped before getting inside. The bus also has bathroom.

However, my friends and I, find it uncomfortable when we got inside.. people are shouting (most of them are locals). There’s no order and definitely a big difference to the services by Mekong. Oh well, it’s the choice we made… we just endured the travel. The only thing we enjoyed here is the movies played. Hollywood action movies like Unknown and The Transporter rocked the travelers. The usual videos played in Mekong are Cambodian music videos.

NOMO bus the busy bus terminal

Tuk-Tuk

by theguardianangel Written Dec 17, 2012

Tuk-tuk can get you anywhere in town with a standard rate of 2USD for short distances only. We hired the tuk-tuk driver, Mr. Chun, a nephew of Mr. BunKao (owner of the guesthouse where we stayed). The day tour package includes the Angkor Wat and other temples costs 20USD. The next day, we hired Mr. Dee, a family friend of Mr. BunKao, for half day tour around the town costs 8USD. Both of the locals are very down to earth and helpful to give us additional details about the places we went to.

We caught Mr. Chun taking a nap..wehe joyride!
    • Motorcycle

Mekong Express Limousine Bus

by theguardianangel Written Nov 8, 2012

We took a bus of the Mekong Express to Siem Reap, Cambodia through our hostel in HCMC. The travel is an enduring 12 hours. There are 2 choices of time of departure from Saigon to Siem Reap- 730am and 9am. We chose the 730am so we can arrive in Siem Reap at an earlier time. Bus ticket costs 420, 000VND. The bus also travels to Phnom Penh with time departures at 730am, 9am and 130pm and costs 210, 000 VND. We were asked to prepare at 630am because someone from the agency will fetch us. This bus is what usually the tourists take going to Cambodia. I don’t blame them since I had a very good impression of it.

The service is great! There’s an attendant who speaks a local language (I believe it’s the Cambodian local) and English. Once the bus started to move, the attendant gives an introduction and also updates the tourists to where the bus is heading. Snacks and bottled water are distributed and a little later, the attendant will ask you to hand him your passport.

Upon the arrival in the border, the travelers will be asked to get out of the bus. The bus will be waiting outside the immigration. The immigration is like a very simple office. The only problem I see here is when more buses arrive and unload tourists; the long line of waiting seems forever. After the passports are stamped, each of the attendant’s bus helps out the immigration officer by calling out the name indicated in the passport. When all the peoe inside the bus, the attendant will call out again the name in the passport and that’s the only time it will be given back. The bus will be crossing the river by a big boat (that’s what I think of it) and that will indicate that you are already in Phnom Penh.

We arrived in the Mekong Express Station in Phnom Penh around 1245pm. We were asked to wait for the bus that will take us to Siem Reap so while waiting we took our lunch in their small canteen. I enjoyed their iced Cappuccino which costs 1.90USD. The canteen serves snacks like noodles in cups, breads, cookies, iced coffees & ice cream. The bus going to Siem Reap arrived at 120pm. At around 430pm, we stopped over a canteen for 15mins then arrived in Siem Reap at 745pm.

welcome to Mekong Express Station Mekong Express Limousine bottled water while waiting for the next bus... lunch!!! yum! yum!

For Cheaper Ride, follow the gang

by AngMimi Written Jun 18, 2012

I was quite fascinated to see this type of tractor when I visited Danau Toba. Here, I see them again in Siem Reap at a Buddhist temple premise in Lolei. I'm not an engineer but I got the chance to see how this tractor works.

Anyway, thats one of cheapest transportation in Siem Reap as I seen a lot of villagers travel in this type of tractor.

11 wheels Vehicle?

by AngMimi Written Jun 18, 2012

11 wheels vehicle? Thats using both your legs, well, our legs looks like 11, right? hahaha.. what a cheap joke, i got here..

Anyway, Siem Reap city is a small city to get around by foot. Just walk to see a lot of interesting things happened at Pub Street, Nite Market and Old Market..

11 wheels vehicle :-))

Balloon Rides

by AngMimi Written Jun 18, 2012

We missed the chance to have the Balloon ride near Angkor Wat because the office closed for celebrating Khmer New Year.

Anyway, you can take a ride a Balloon ride 200m straight up for an awesome views of Angkor Wat and other temples. The big yellow balloon is based about 1km east of Angkor Wat on the road from the airport.

Helicopter Rides

by AngMimi Written Jun 18, 2012

I saw a Helicopter fly passed Phnom Bakheng during sunset. The view must be spectacular around Angkor Wat, temples and the countryside, another wish I want to sit on a Helicopter.

Well, Helistar Cambodia do offers scenic helicopter tours of the temples beginning at USD90 per person for an 8 minutes ride.

Located at Siem Reap International Airport, Domestic Terminal.
    Office on NR6, Borey Angkor Arcade. Walk in customers are welcome.

Its not the real heli, I saw in SR.

Elephant Rides

by AngMimi Written Jun 18, 2012

I always wish to ride on an elephant, now I regret for not having that ride when I at Phnom Bakheng :-((

Anyway, you can find them waiting for customers near Bayon and at the South Gate of Angkor Thom and they offer elephant treks between the two sides. In the evening, the elephants will move and stationed at the base of Phnom Bakheng, to transport riders up the hill to see the sunset. Please take a ride if you have no energy to walk up to the hill.

USD15 for a 25 minutes ride.

Elephant ride at Bakheng

Express Bus to Phnom Penh

by AngMimi Updated Jun 12, 2012

Express bus is the very popular transport between Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. The Road is in good condition and we took Mekong Express to Phnom Penh. Its only a 5 hours trip and the price about US$11 per person (for foreigner like us).

For contact no : Please refer to ticket in Picture 3

Mekong Express to Phnom Penh Bus station in Siem Reap Bus ticket Pretty Bus Assistant Light refeshment - drinking water and pastry

Tuk-tuk

by AngMimi Written Jun 12, 2012

Tuk-tuks, can be found everywhere in Siem Reap. A trip within Siem Reap will cost US$2 for 4 people or 6 people, if the driver in the good mood. Ensure both you and driver agree on the destination and total fare before departure.

One two tree ---smile!!

Instant Answers: Siem Reap

Comments

Siem Reap Transportation

Reviews and photos of Siem Reap transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Siem Reap sightseeing.