Siem Reap Transportation

Best Rated Transportation in Siem Reap

Helicopter Rides

by AngMimi Written Jun 18, 2012

Its not the real heli, I saw in SR.

I saw a Helicopter fly passed Phnom Bakheng during sunset. The view must be spectacular around Angkor Wat, temples and the countryside, another wish I want to sit on a Helicopter.

Well, Helistar Cambodia do offers scenic helicopter tours of the temples beginning at USD90 per person for an 8 minutes ride.

Located at Siem Reap International Airport, Domestic Terminal.
    Office on NR6, Borey Angkor Arcade. Walk in customers are welcome.

11 wheels Vehicle?

11 wheels vehicle :-))

11 wheels vehicle? Thats using both your legs, well, our legs looks like 11, right? hahaha.. what a cheap joke, i got here..

Anyway, Siem Reap city is a small city to get around by foot. Just walk to see a lot of interesting things happened at Pub Street, Nite Market and Old Market..

For Cheaper Ride, follow the gang

by AngMimi Written Jun 18, 2012

I was quite fascinated to see this type of tractor when I visited Danau Toba. Here, I see them again in Siem Reap at a Buddhist temple premise in Lolei. I'm not an engineer but I got the chance to see how this tractor works.

Anyway, thats one of cheapest transportation in Siem Reap as I seen a lot of villagers travel in this type of tractor.

Express Bus to Phnom Penh

by AngMimi Updated Jun 12, 2012

Mekong Express to Phnom Penh

Express bus is the very popular transport between Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. The Road is in good condition and we took Mekong Express to Phnom Penh. Its only a 5 hours trip and the price about US$11 per person (for foreigner like us).

For contact no : Please refer to ticket in Picture 3

Elephant Rides

Elephant ride at Bakheng

I always wish to ride on an elephant, now I regret for not having that ride when I at Phnom Bakheng :-((

Anyway, you can find them waiting for customers near Bayon and at the South Gate of Angkor Thom and they offer elephant treks between the two sides. In the evening, the elephants will move and stationed at the base of Phnom Bakheng, to transport riders up the hill to see the sunset. Please take a ride if you have no energy to walk up to the hill.

USD15 for a 25 minutes ride.

Tuk-tuk

by AngMimi Written Jun 12, 2012

Tuk-tuks, can be found everywhere in Siem Reap. A trip within Siem Reap will cost US$2 for 4 people or 6 people, if the driver in the good mood. Ensure both you and driver agree on the destination and total fare before departure.

• balhannah's Profile Photo

Tuk -tuk to Angkor wat

by balhannah Written Apr 10, 2008

To be taken around the angkor wat park for the day, should cost $10. The driver will drop you off and wait for you to return, you can take as long as you want. To go to Banteay srei, will cost $20. It is worth visiting, has nice carvings.

Balloon Rides

by AngMimi Written Jun 18, 2012

We missed the chance to have the Balloon ride near Angkor Wat because the office closed for celebrating Khmer New Year.

Anyway, you can take a ride a Balloon ride 200m straight up for an awesome views of Angkor Wat and other temples. The big yellow balloon is based about 1km east of Angkor Wat on the road from the airport.

Van

by AngMimi Written Jun 12, 2012

The hotel can arrange van for you for single or multiple days. They are charged more than Tuk-tuk per day, but of course, its much comfortable sitting in a van with air condition. :-))) Our driver can speak good english and is very friendly and helpful.

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Mekong Express Limousine Bus

by theguardianangel Written Nov 8, 2012

welcome to Mekong Express Station

We took a bus of the Mekong Express to Siem Reap, Cambodia through our hostel in HCMC. The travel is an enduring 12 hours. There are 2 choices of time of departure from Saigon to Siem Reap- 730am and 9am. We chose the 730am so we can arrive in Siem Reap at an earlier time. Bus ticket costs 420, 000VND. The bus also travels to Phnom Penh with time departures at 730am, 9am and 130pm and costs 210, 000 VND. We were asked to prepare at 630am because someone from the agency will fetch us. This bus is what usually the tourists take going to Cambodia. I don’t blame them since I had a very good impression of it.

The service is great! There’s an attendant who speaks a local language (I believe it’s the Cambodian local) and English. Once the bus started to move, the attendant gives an introduction and also updates the tourists to where the bus is heading. Snacks and bottled water are distributed and a little later, the attendant will ask you to hand him your passport.

Upon the arrival in the border, the travelers will be asked to get out of the bus. The bus will be waiting outside the immigration. The immigration is like a very simple office. The only problem I see here is when more buses arrive and unload tourists; the long line of waiting seems forever. After the passports are stamped, each of the attendant’s bus helps out the immigration officer by calling out the name indicated in the passport. When all the peoe inside the bus, the attendant will call out again the name in the passport and that’s the only time it will be given back. The bus will be crossing the river by a big boat (that’s what I think of it) and that will indicate that you are already in Phnom Penh.

We arrived in the Mekong Express Station in Phnom Penh around 1245pm. We were asked to wait for the bus that will take us to Siem Reap so while waiting we took our lunch in their small canteen. I enjoyed their iced Cappuccino which costs 1.90USD. The canteen serves snacks like noodles in cups, breads, cookies, iced coffees & ice cream. The bus going to Siem Reap arrived at 120pm. At around 430pm, we stopped over a canteen for 15mins then arrived in Siem Reap at 745pm.

• PandawitchElphie's Profile Photo

Tuk-Tuk Drivers and Tour Guides

by PandawitchElphie Written Mar 14, 2014

Mr. Chet: the most entertaining tour guide

Based on recommendations here on VT, I planned our trip to Siem Reap with intentions to 'try' out the favorite Tour Guides and Tuktuk drivers. I've settled on 2 people I want to highly recommend.

Mr. Chet
    He's a tour guide you can book for your visits to the temples. Speaks english well. Very friendly and helpful. Hand him your camera, and he'll take the best photos. He was able to explain things so well that I actually REMEMBERED everything he's shared. (without writing anything down). With his stories, we were able to identify statues and carvings on our own. We booked him for a day, to go visit the waterfalls, 1000 Lingas and Bantay Srei on our first day. And we totally think he's worth it. You may contact him on his mobile numbers 012369112 and 016903112. He's a colleague of SAM PHO who has been highly recommended but disappointed us-- I was emailing him back and forth, getting responses and assurances only to find out AFTER I asked him point blank "You'll be our guide, yes?" only to be told he was already booked and he was passing us on to his coworker. Well, he gave us to Chet and we're very happy about it. I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY (did I forget to say HIGHLY?) recommend Mr. Chet. :)

Mr. Da
    I want to call him the Filipino's driver to Siem Reap. No. He's not Filipino. BUT he's beloved by a lot of us. His very own tuktuk was given to him by a couple from Mindanao who loved his services so much that they gave him his source of livelihood (he used to rent a tuktuk to earn a living). Da goes around wearing a baseball cap with the Philippine islands embroidered on the front. One, he's friendly. Two, he speaks better English than most tour guides I've seen and heard. Three, he provided us with cold water. He has a little cooler on his tuk. And lastly, he knows where to take you and MOST IMPORTANTLY, he knows WHEN to take you (to avoid the crowds). You may email him at maoda (at) live (dot) com. Mind you, he's only a tuktuk driver-- I'd say a perfect combination would be to get Chet and Da.

If you do get them... please say The Pandas recommended them (AJ and Margaret). :D Tell them hi and send our love pls.

Here's the thing:
    I recommend, from personal experience, if you're not a physically fit (meaning, ready to sweat it out in hiking boots and go climbing mountains and boulders for fun) that you take an airconed vehicle to the out of the way places like Kulen mountain or 1000 lingas. You will KISS the person who invented airconditioning. The hike is no easy feat... it's really tiring. And entering a cool vehicle (where you can pass out and sleep on your way back to your hotel) is a blessing.

If you're just going to Angkor Thom, Angkor Wat, Bayon, the terrace of the elephant and the Leper King... or even just go to Pub street... take a tuktuk. That is, IF the place where you live is NEAR pub street.

if you stay where we stayed which was The Siem Reap Hostel, you can definitely walk to Pub Street (trust me, I'm lazy and I could walk it). But to get to the temples, the tuktuk was fun, cheap and a breezy ride.

• Vip Golden Bus Scam

by shaunmacl Written May 28, 2013

Warning: Don't buy Sleeper Bus or VIP Bus tickets from Siem Reap to Bangkok! The company was called “Golden VIP Bus” I think.

Two days ago my wife and I bought tickets from Siem Reap to Bangkok on the “sleeper” night bus. We bought them from an agent near the night market. Last night we were picked up at 2 am from our hotel driven round and round Siem Reap picking up other passengers and then deposited near our hotel where we sat for an hour being bitten by mosquitos. Eventually a very uncomfortable bus with little leg room, dirty and with a cracked windscreen arrived. We were then old there was no sleeper bus. When we arrived at the Thai border which we had been told opened at 6 a.m we discovered it opened at 7 am. As we had been promised the bus would arrive at the Khao San Road at 10.30. a.m we were concerned.

At the frontier at 2.30 pm, we had to change buses – when we had been told the same bus would go straight through to Bangkok.

Worse was to come. There was no bus to meet us on the Thai side. We waited with 8 other cheated passengers until 10.30 and the another scammer from Golden VIP buses tried to take more money from us to hire a mini bus. We accepted but refused to pay until we got to Bangkok fours late. Some passengers probably missed their flight.

Avoid Golden VIP buses at all cost. And watch out lest they change their name.

I have been travelling to Cambodia since 1997 and love the country. I have never been scammed before. Most Cambodians are charming, considerate and honest. It is such a shame that a few criminals can give the country a bad name.

• wls3's Profile Photo

Luxury Bus

by wls3 Written Mar 17, 2013

There is a new luxury bus service, the Giant Ibis, running between Siem Reap and the Cambodian capital, Phnom Penh. (In the other direction, it operates between PP and Sianoukville.)

It makes two runs a day, morning and afternoon. I took one from SR to PP and was amazed. New Hyundai bus that even has wireless connect. Air conditioned of course. Took around 6 hours, with two short toilet breaks en route. The vehicle was spotless clean and new....not like the clapped out refurbished wrecks you will probably find with any other bus company.

Price: $13USD 1-way!

• rosequartzlover1's Profile Photo

Bicycle

by rosequartzlover1 Updated Mar 10, 2014

Many tourists travel around to see Angor Wat and around by tuk tuk.It's a very good and convenience way to do.I'm doubting at the beginning if I'll do it that way or by bicycle.Finally I and my mate agree to do it with bicycle.It's very cheap to rent bicycle there.Most hotels provide some of them for rent.My hotel offer 1$ per day.There are many bicycle shop for rent,so.. shop around before decide cuz some of bicycle was not in good condition.Try them before you go cuz we have to ride it all day.Some shop offer one free bottle water as well.My hotel didn't offer any water but it doesn't matter much,we can buy cheap water any where.I chose a normal bicycle ,not a mountain bike(which cost more.. around 2-3 $) and I don't see why I shoud need a mountain bike cuz the route is flat.Try to ride it first cuz my mate got 2 bad condition one, first ..the chain came off twice during riding..they change to be anotherone which was mountain bike but very bad riding .Mine was perfect..can ride happily all day and not tired at all.It's only the intense heat during the day when you walk at the site that was the problem,so prepare yourself with some hat,sunblock, and drinking water.You'll be sweating a lot.Even I drank a lot already but still had bad headache cuz the heat was so tense this season(late Feb -late May) But when we ride ..it's not hot cuz the wind blow to our face ...it's quite enjoyable ride.The road condition are all paved in the total grand circuit.

• Big Bus to Bangkok

by gamma28 Written Oct 18, 2010

Our hotel, the Seim Reap Riverside hotel, arranged for 3 of us to take the "Big Bus" to Bangkok and added the $36 to our bill. ($12.00 USD each) As it turned out, there were only 4 of us so we ended up in a private car to the Cambodia border and connected with an 11 passenger minivan from there to Bangkok. Everyone was polite, the vehicles were in good repair and comfortable. We left Siem Reap at noon and arrived in Bangkok at 6PM. The driver phoned my family there and arranged to meet them near the airport. I am glad that we drove down through Cambodia and Thailand and got to see some of the beautiful countryside. Airfare was around $154 each.

Instant Answers: Siem Reap

Comments

Siem Reap Transportation

Reviews and photos of Siem Reap transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Siem Reap sightseeing.