Siem Reap Transportation

Best Rated Transportation in Siem Reap

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Mekong Express Limousine Bus

by theguardianangel Written Nov 8, 2012

We took a bus of the Mekong Express to Siem Reap, Cambodia through our hostel in HCMC. The travel is an enduring 12 hours. There are 2 choices of time of departure from Saigon to Siem Reap- 730am and 9am. We chose the 730am so we can arrive in Siem Reap at an earlier time. Bus ticket costs 420, 000VND. The bus also travels to Phnom Penh with time departures at 730am, 9am and 130pm and costs 210, 000 VND. We were asked to prepare at 630am because someone from the agency will fetch us. This bus is what usually the tourists take going to Cambodia. I don’t blame them since I had a very good impression of it.

The service is great! There’s an attendant who speaks a local language (I believe it’s the Cambodian local) and English. Once the bus started to move, the attendant gives an introduction and also updates the tourists to where the bus is heading. Snacks and bottled water are distributed and a little later, the attendant will ask you to hand him your passport.

Upon the arrival in the border, the travelers will be asked to get out of the bus. The bus will be waiting outside the immigration. The immigration is like a very simple office. The only problem I see here is when more buses arrive and unload tourists; the long line of waiting seems forever. After the passports are stamped, each of the attendant’s bus helps out the immigration officer by calling out the name indicated in the passport. When all the peoe inside the bus, the attendant will call out again the name in the passport and that’s the only time it will be given back. The bus will be crossing the river by a big boat (that’s what I think of it) and that will indicate that you are already in Phnom Penh.

We arrived in the Mekong Express Station in Phnom Penh around 1245pm. We were asked to wait for the bus that will take us to Siem Reap so while waiting we took our lunch in their small canteen. I enjoyed their iced Cappuccino which costs 1.90USD. The canteen serves snacks like noodles in cups, breads, cookies, iced coffees & ice cream. The bus going to Siem Reap arrived at 120pm. At around 430pm, we stopped over a canteen for 15mins then arrived in Siem Reap at 745pm.

welcome to Mekong Express Station Mekong Express Limousine bottled water while waiting for the next bus... lunch!!! yum! yum!

• HebaM's Profile Photo

Hiring a tuk tuk

by HebaM Written Jan 25, 2015

We hired a tuk tuk from in front of our hostel to drive us to Angkor wat! We agreed on $15 USD for 8 hour tour
    The capacity of the tuk tuk is only for 4 passengers, he refused to accommodate the five of us into one, despite there's enough room for one more and informed us that we need to hire another one for $15 usd!
    He took us to three temples and we returned back to Angkor wat for the sunset. The driver was very nice and he remained with us from 12:00 pm till we reached our hostel at 7:30 pm
    My advice to you is to pick someone trustworthy outside your hotel/hostel rather than someone from the street, at least the first will have all his information with the hotel's reception desk. safety is a priority

Our Tuk tuk driver

• Vip Golden Bus Scam

by shaunmacl Written May 28, 2013

Warning: Don't buy Sleeper Bus or VIP Bus tickets from Siem Reap to Bangkok! The company was called “Golden VIP Bus” I think.

Two days ago my wife and I bought tickets from Siem Reap to Bangkok on the “sleeper” night bus. We bought them from an agent near the night market. Last night we were picked up at 2 am from our hotel driven round and round Siem Reap picking up other passengers and then deposited near our hotel where we sat for an hour being bitten by mosquitos. Eventually a very uncomfortable bus with little leg room, dirty and with a cracked windscreen arrived. We were then old there was no sleeper bus. When we arrived at the Thai border which we had been told opened at 6 a.m we discovered it opened at 7 am. As we had been promised the bus would arrive at the Khao San Road at 10.30. a.m we were concerned.

At the frontier at 2.30 pm, we had to change buses – when we had been told the same bus would go straight through to Bangkok.

Worse was to come. There was no bus to meet us on the Thai side. We waited with 8 other cheated passengers until 10.30 and the another scammer from Golden VIP buses tried to take more money from us to hire a mini bus. We accepted but refused to pay until we got to Bangkok fours late. Some passengers probably missed their flight.

Avoid Golden VIP buses at all cost. And watch out lest they change their name.

I have been travelling to Cambodia since 1997 and love the country. I have never been scammed before. Most Cambodians are charming, considerate and honest. It is such a shame that a few criminals can give the country a bad name.

• babytourist's Profile Photo

Transport from Hotel to Osmach Border

by babytourist Written Dec 3, 2014

I paid US$80 for a standard car (Toyota Camry) from my hotel to Osmach border, driver drive at 120-150 km per hour and we reached there in 1 hour 15 mins (which hotel tell us it takes about 2-2.3 hour)

Tuk tuk is their most common transportation from hotel to old market / city centre usually cost US$3-US$4. It's advisable to agree with the rate first before you hopped into their tuk tuk. Some dishonest fellows will charge by per head count

Hotel to Angkor Wat for a standard car (Toyota Camry) from my hotel to Angkor Wat cost US$35 per day, driver will wait for you and send you back to hotel.

• wls3's Profile Photo

Luxury Bus

by wls3 Written Mar 17, 2013

There is a new luxury bus service, the Giant Ibis, running between Siem Reap and the Cambodian capital, Phnom Penh. (In the other direction, it operates between PP and Sianoukville.)

It makes two runs a day, morning and afternoon. I took one from SR to PP and was amazed. New Hyundai bus that even has wireless connect. Air conditioned of course. Took around 6 hours, with two short toilet breaks en route. The vehicle was spotless clean and new....not like the clapped out refurbished wrecks you will probably find with any other bus company.

Price: $13USD 1-way!

• rosequartzlover1's Profile Photo

By airplane

by rosequartzlover1 Updated Mar 10, 2014

I booked flight and hotel through air asia that always have some nice promotion (AirAsiaGo.com.)I just tried to check what they offered and found that "flight plus hotel" was good deal so I took it.It's return ticket bangkok-siemreap (with seat booking) and 3 nights hotels.There are many hotels in the list that we can choose ,the price also shown,and it's up to you which hotel you'd like to stay.I chose Maekhong boutique hotel because of the good location and breakfast was included,plus free pick up from airport.Normally the price for flight return ticket is about 5,000 Bath( without hotel) But the one I booked was flight ticket and hotel , total price was 5,100 thai bath.The flight operate from Don meung airport departure around 19.50 bkk time and flight time to Siemriep is about 50 minutes.It's low lost airlines so there's no food service ,but you can buy it on board if you'd like.I chose seat number on web check-in and without knowing I got some kind of "hot seat" .I don't know what "hot seat" means, but look like something special.I can board the aircraft first almost like business class seat.It's about row 1-5.The airplane was quite full.

• rosequartzlover1's Profile Photo

From airport to town

by rosequartzlover1 Updated Mar 10, 2014

Normally I supposed to be picked up by the hotel I booked, and before travelling I sent e-mail to confirm them already about my flight arrival time.,and they also confirmed that there will be someone waiting with my name on a card.And indeed there were many hotel staffs stand and wait for their customer EXCEPT mine.Not much surprised cuz already expect for something like this,that they won't show up.We waited for half hour and feel sure that nobody will show up.I asked some other hotel staff if anybody know this hotel.A korean lady who work as tour guide waiting for her clients tried to help us by calling to hotel and complaint for us,and they said they waited for 1 hour for me and now already went back.That's liar.It's a good start!!Then we decide to go by ourselves.Taxi price is 7$ and motorcycle is 2$ but when I asked about it,now no more motorcycle service.And finally that korean lady was kindly brought us to my hotel,how nice..

• limledi's Profile Photo

Recommend Tuktuk Driver - Saren Ret

by limledi Written Feb 2, 2013

I would highly recommend Saren Ret whose email is rentuktuk@yahoo.com. I booked a 3-day tour with him. He is a very nice guy who waits on you patiently even if you are almost an hour late. He is not conscious of time even if the tour finishes after dark. He's also very generous buying us corn cobs for snacks. Ren doesn't abuse you. Whenever we invite him to dine with us, he politely refuses. We were 4 pax in a group & he is generous to give us ice cold bottles of water. We paid him at the last day of the tour. We were so satisfied with him that we gave him a tip. I can say he has one of the best rate too.

Recommend Tuktuk Driver - Saren Ret

• jonhstefan's Profile Photo

siem reap tuk tuk

by jonhstefan Written Feb 6, 2013

He was out tuk-tuk driver for 2 days and I would say that he is the best tour guide/driver in siem reap! We love his tuk-tuk, it was a very comfortable one with cushions and shades from rain or sun. Since it was raining during the time we visited the temples, Sam was very ready to protect us with any rainfall. He even had an umbrella with him. He also gave good ideas on where to eat at and what to buy, or how to say no to the vendors. He\'s a very honest driver - not that type who will take advantage of a tourist\'s innocence. I would highly recommend Sam Sa Vat :) Thanks Sam for a very interesting trip! ,

www.angkorbestdriver.com
    www.siemreaptuktuk.com

siem reap taxi driver siem reap tuk tuk driver

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Tuk-Tuk

by theguardianangel Written Dec 17, 2012

Tuk-tuk can get you anywhere in town with a standard rate of 2USD for short distances only. We hired the tuk-tuk driver, Mr. Chun, a nephew of Mr. BunKao (owner of the guesthouse where we stayed). The day tour package includes the Angkor Wat and other temples costs 20USD. The next day, we hired Mr. Dee, a family friend of Mr. BunKao, for half day tour around the town costs 8USD. Both of the locals are very down to earth and helpful to give us additional details about the places we went to.

We caught Mr. Chun taking a nap..wehe joyride!
    • Motorcycle

• AVOID Gold VIP bus scammers in Cambodia!

by sawwee Written Dec 28, 2012

I wanted to travel from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville and I made a terrible mistake: I bought a bus ticket from "Gold VIP Transport Service". (At some of their agents they called simply "Gold VIP bus".)
    The bus was advertised as a comfortable sleeping bus with 3 sleeping beds in one row. It was also told that it was a direct bus from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville and provided many extra services like free wifi and free drinking water.
    On the bus it turned out that it was NOT a sleeping bus at all, instead the sleeping beds we got some chairs with almost zero leg room. We tried to complain but the Glold VIP guys didn't care about that and suddenly they didn't understand English anymore.
    The bus departured with 1 hour delay and we were not informed nor about the reason neither the approximated time of the departure. The advertised "extra services" didn't exist at all, none of them, unless if you consider the kmehr lanuage soup opers we were forced to watch (or at least to listen) in the middle of the night on maximum volume in the bus.
    But the worse part came just in the morning: it turned out that our bus was NOT a direct bus as it was advertised for all the passangers (even though they bought their tickets to different destinations, LOL) but we had to change the bus two times. Each time we had to wait more than 2.5 hours to get the connecting bus and we were not informed about how long we had to wait. The connecting buses were in even worse condition, they were smelly, dirty and overcrowded, one of them had no air condition.
    Finally we got to Sihanoukville at 3 pm. instead of 10 am. Later I hear very similair stories about Gold VIP bus from other travellers.
    Fortunately you can find other bus companies in Siem Reap and you can get REAL sleeping bus and REAL direct bus to Sihanoukville (and to Phnom Penh, too.)

• CDM7's Profile Photo

Life on the river near Siem Reap

by CDM7 Updated Nov 10, 2013

Our journey started from our hotel in Siem Reap,from here we traveled by mini bus for about 30 minutes before reaching the river.Here we boarded our small boat which took us up the river for a trip which lasted about 3 hours.On the way we passed several fishermen waist deep in water using a weighted fishing net,many floating homes where families survive by fish and crocodile farming.Many of the people live on the riverbank in very basic homes made of wooden poles covered with plastic sheeting.

• Photography
    • Sailing and Boating

• Big Bus to Bangkok

by gamma28 Written Oct 18, 2010

Our hotel, the Seim Reap Riverside hotel, arranged for 3 of us to take the "Big Bus" to Bangkok and added the $36 to our bill. ($12.00 USD each) As it turned out, there were only 4 of us so we ended up in a private car to the Cambodia border and connected with an 11 passenger minivan from there to Bangkok. Everyone was polite, the vehicles were in good repair and comfortable. We left Siem Reap at noon and arrived in Bangkok at 6PM. The driver phoned my family there and arranged to meet them near the airport. I am glad that we drove down through Cambodia and Thailand and got to see some of the beautiful countryside. Airfare was around $154 each.

• Tuk Tuk Service By Srapon Is The Best

by rbcyes Written Feb 1, 2012

We pre-arranged our 3 full days travel around Siem Reap with Srapon.
    His website is http://mytuktuk.com.
    During our entire visit, he was always early to pick us up and very courteous and spoke English well.
    We had arrived with some preconceived notion of what we wanted to see first and he guided us to the right places at the right times to avoid the onslaught of tour groups.
    Additionally, he gave us a never-ending supple of cold bottled water throughout every moment of every day.
    He is clearly very experienced and has very good people skills.
    His price was more than fair and he gave us the best service we could have hoped for.
    If you plan to use a tuk-tuk in and around Siem Reap, you must use this man's service.

• Adventure Travel
    • National/State Park
    • Archeology

• Avieira67's Profile Photo

Motorbike to Angkor temples

by Avieira67 Updated Aug 12, 2009

As I had only one day to explore Angkor temples, I have decided to rent a motorbike with guide. The driver, Chean, wasn't a tourist guide, but he made a good introduction to the temples. Certainly I had additional information.

I have found this driver a good and honest person, so I recommend him a lot.

Fare for a whole day: 7 USD.

Instant Answers: Siem Reap

Comments

Siem Reap Transportation

Reviews and photos of Siem Reap transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Siem Reap sightseeing.