Siem Reap Transportation

Best Rated Transportation in Siem Reap

• akkipaa's Profile Photo

Fly with Bangkok Airways

by akkipaa Written Mar 19, 2013

Hopefully this is not seen as an advertisement, but I really like Bangkok Airways. OK, this time the service was not OK (fligt was to Bangkok), lunch was not OK, and drinking car disappeared before serving us. But...

Look the plane! The same flight continued from Bangkok to Samui and it's a real Beach Buggy! I was very happy to jump to the plane.

• Photography

• A night bus:Siem reap to Ho chi minh

by dganitbz Updated Sep 29, 2010

I checked about the night bus from Siem Reap to HCMC and recieved this answer on Trip advisor(by Phil):
    The Virak Buntham bus company has night buses at 7pm and 11pm leaving daily from Siem Reap to HCM. The bus is nice a/c bus with toilet on board. It takes approximately 11 hours. The bus is very safe. Price is around 15$US per person.
    Paramount Angkor Bus Company is also starting a night bus from Siem Reap to HCM from around November 2010. The bus will be a/c with toilet on board and maybe slightly cheaper than the bus above. The bus will leave 12 mid night and around 10am in the morning.

and this answer from Mekong Express-by Mail:

From: cambodia asia travel (Mekong Express Bus) [mailto:mekongexpress@online.com.kh]
    Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 5:16 AM
    Subject: Re: a night bus from Siem reap
    Thank you so much for your e-mail. The bus depart from Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh at 7:00PM arrive in Ho chi Minh at 9:00AM. If you leave at 12:00PM arrive in Ho chi Minh 1:00PM. The cost for one ticket is $21per/person. The bus provide you only a blanket & cold water. I'm waiting for your reply.
    For furthermore please contact anytime.
    Thanks & Bestregards,
    Sombo Ms,

• bus siem reap to phnom penh or v.v

by trusmibatik Written Nov 3, 2010

when travelling from siem reap to phnom penh or vv choose the Mekong Express VIP bus at about $12 each way. the bus is comfortable,ac, with a hostess aboard and a PROPER toilet.

unfortunately we made the mistake to be talked into Paramount VIP Express at about half the price. the bus is a disaster. seats are uncomfortable, broken and although there is ac the vents are broken, so you cannot direct the ac.

the worst part is the "toilet". you have to go down a winding metal steps into the cargohold, which is full of cargo, motorcycles etc. to get to the "toilet you have to move through a space about 4.5 metres high and you can only squeeze into the toilet sideways as there are buckets behind the door. it is impossible to actually reach the toiletbowl, so you do your business into a small bucket and try to throw the contents into the bowl.

pay the extra $6 and travel Mekong Express VIP and travel in comfort.

• Seniors

• mekong express vip bus

by trusmibatik Written Nov 4, 2010

when travelling from siem reap to phnom penh or vv make sure you go by Mekong Express VIP bus. the cost is about $12 and definitely worth the little extra. the bus is ac, comfortable and has an onboard hostess and most important a PROPER toiler at the back of the bus.

we were unfortunately talked into taking the Paramount Express VIP bus from siem reap to phnom penh, the cost was about $5.50. the seats were torn and broken, although the bus was ac the vents were broken so we could not direct the airflow.
    the worst part was the "toilet". to reach the "toilet one has to climb down a narrow steel ladder into the cargo hold which was full of cargo, eg motorcycles, parcels, luggage etc.
    to reach the "toilet" one has to bend down as the access to the toilet is only about 1.5metres high, one has to squeeze sideways into the toilet as the door cannot be opened fully because of the buckets behind the door. it was impossible to reach the actual bowl, so you use a small bucket, do your business and throw the contents as close as possible to the bowl. it is a total disaster.
    spend the extra $6 and have an enjoyable, comfortable trip.

• Seniors

• Se Kong Tuk Tuk Driver in Siem Reap

by angela.chan Updated Jan 26, 2011

Se Kong was an excellent tuk tuk driver and I highly recommend him. We had him for four days: from when he picked us up from the airport until the day he dropped us off back at the airport. We were staying at The Golden Temple hotel which arranged for him to be our driver. He is honest and reliable.

The first day, Se Kong took us to Angkor Wat at sunrise. He was prompt to pick us up from our hotel at 5am. He even bought us something to eat because he knew we didn'thave any breakfast. He was always friendly and courteous. We told him that we want to take things slow and he gave excellent recommendations so that we saw everything but didn't have to rush. From Angkor Wat, he took us to Angkor Thom and then Se Kong dropped us back at our hotel so that we can rest. He picked us up again at 3:30pm where we went to see another temple and sunset. It was definately worth the $10USD to have a private driver for the whole day!

On the second day, Se Kong drove us to more temples. He is fluent in English and Malay and he's learning chinese too. We thoroughly enjoyed our day because of him. On our last day, he picked us up early in th morning and dropped us at the airport which was only $5 USD. I gave him a tip of course for making our trip in Siem Reap a memorable one.

Please call him if you're giong to Siem Reap. He can arrange everything and make your trip stress-free! You can tell him that you were referred by Angela (Canadian).

• Motorcycle

• sfphototraveller's Profile Photo

MEKONG EXPRESS Siem reap to Pnom penh

by sfphototraveller Written Apr 29, 2011

The front desk of my hotel bought the ticket for my I paid $ 11.
    tuk tuk picked me up and took me to the bus station checked in they gave me a ticket stub for my luggage and told me what number bus to board. Its a long 5 or 6 hours ride with a 30 min break for food.
    the bus has ac and overhead storage for carry on luggage and a bathroom in the back and window shades.
    They gave us a free bottle of water and a box of bread and jam.

• Nice Tuk Tuk Driver in Siem Reap

by drmohdisa Written Aug 21, 2011

When I was in Siem Reap, I found a good and reliable Tuk tuk driver. He waited for me at the airport and all count only 15 usd/day anywhere in Siem Reap. Some of the tuk tuk driver will charge different fees from the airport. He took me and my wife any places that I wanted to go around Siem Reap. His Tuk tuk is also clean and he always on time for every oppointment that we made. He can speak Malay, Thais fluently and a little bit Mandarin besides Khmer. His name is Se Kong. Can be contacted by phone: +855 12256503 or e-mail sekongangkor1@hotmail.com.

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

Bus to Kratie

by cochinjew Written Oct 4, 2011

Mekong Express to Kampong Cham and then another bus to Kratie. It may take the entire day to do it. Mekong Express is airconditioned and comfortable.
    I enjoyed very much my visit to Kratie with its hotels facing the Mekong and of course the most visited Tourist Attraction!

• WaRPer's Profile Photo

"Roza", the taxi/tuktuk driver

by WaRPer Written Dec 14, 2011
    Mr Roza the driver

We had Mr.Roza as our driver the entire 3-day stay in Siem Reap. He's an energetic, diligent and courteous young man. He posses both taxi ($50/day) and tuktuk ($15/day), and services both long-haul (e.g. Poi Pet - Siem Reap) and short-haul within the city. Guarantee NO hassle or touting from this guy!

• mikelisaanna's Profile Photo

Hire a van and driver

by mikelisaanna Written Dec 14, 2011

The Angkor temples are very spread out, and not easily reachable on foot. Therefore, it helps to have a motor vehicle to get around. You will also need a driver, a not all road signs are in Roman letters. Your options are a tuk-tuk (rickshaw pulled by a motorcycle) or a car. For a few dollars more, we recommend hiring a car with a driver, which will cover ground more quickly than a tuk-tuk and have air conditioning. We hired a man named Pop, who was excellent. He happened to be our cab driver from the airport to our hotel. His van was air-conditioned, and he drove us wherever we wanted for $25/day, which included drinks and gasoline. He drove us for five days, and was very user friendly. For a few dollars extra, he also took us to Beng Malea, a temple about 2 hours away, which was one of the highlights of our trip.

• Archeology
    • Architecture

• ancient_traveler's Profile Photo

MOTO-ROMAUKS (TUKTUKS)

by ancient_traveler Written Mar 28, 2012

Tuk-tuks are covered offering some protection from sun and rain. In Siem Reap most drivers speak some English.

To the temples, transportation is usually rented by the day. Rates run about $10-$15/day for motorcycle trailers.

• Photography
    • Architecture

• The night bus from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville

by Giovannich Written Mar 3, 2013

Warning!!! Do not take a night bus operating by Virak-Buntham Express Travel & Tour.
    We bough a ticket apparently from VIP company, yet received Virak express tickets.
    The bus was absolutelly crowded, not clean, and certainly not the one we have seen on the promotion poster. There was a sort of "Á/C", basically a box making an awful noise if nothing else, which was not possible to regulate or switch off, blowing a whole journey (11hrs) onto my face.
    No toilet on the boadr, no food as advertised, the only thing we got was a 0.3l of water.
    The driver made 2 stops during the journey, both by the main road so there was no chance to get a bit of a privacy unless you stepped into a dark spot where you could not seen where you are at all.
    The staff does not speak english & we had difficulties to find our luggage at the end of this horrible journey.
    According to the hotel owner who we have shared the story later with, the night buses are more less the same, whilst the day connections shall be of a better standard.

• Adventure Travel

• rosequartzlover1's Profile Photo

By airplane

by rosequartzlover1 Updated Mar 10, 2014

I booked flight and hotel through air asia that always have some nice promotion (AirAsiaGo.com.)I just tried to check what they offered and found that "flight plus hotel" was good deal so I took it.It's return ticket bangkok-siemreap (with seat booking) and 3 nights hotels.There are many hotels in the list that we can choose ,the price also shown,and it's up to you which hotel you'd like to stay.I chose Maekhong boutique hotel because of the good location and breakfast was included,plus free pick up from airport.Normally the price for flight return ticket is about 5,000 Bath( without hotel) But the one I booked was flight ticket and hotel , total price was 5,100 thai bath.The flight operate from Don meung airport departure around 19.50 bkk time and flight time to Siemriep is about 50 minutes.It's low lost airlines so there's no food service ,but you can buy it on board if you'd like.I chose seat number on web check-in and without knowing I got some kind of "hot seat" .I don't know what "hot seat" means, but look like something special.I can board the aircraft first almost like business class seat.It's about row 1-5.The airplane was quite full.

• rosequartzlover1's Profile Photo

From airport to town

by rosequartzlover1 Updated Mar 10, 2014

Normally I supposed to be picked up by the hotel I booked, and before travelling I sent e-mail to confirm them already about my flight arrival time.,and they also confirmed that there will be someone waiting with my name on a card.And indeed there were many hotel staffs stand and wait for their customer EXCEPT mine.Not much surprised cuz already expect for something like this,that they won't show up.We waited for half hour and feel sure that nobody will show up.I asked some other hotel staff if anybody know this hotel.A korean lady who work as tour guide waiting for her clients tried to help us by calling to hotel and complaint for us,and they said they waited for 1 hour for me and now already went back.That's liar.It's a good start!!Then we decide to go by ourselves.Taxi price is 7$ and motorcycle is 2$ but when I asked about it,now no more motorcycle service.And finally that korean lady was kindly brought us to my hotel,how nice..

• Bob_Shan's Profile Photo

Tuk-Tuk

by Bob_Shan Written Jan 3, 2009

Tuk-Tuk is the most convenient, economy choice of transportation. With $10 you can charter one for a day going around Angkor archeology park, or Tonle Sap (lake). $15 if you want to go a bit further, e.g., more than 15km distance. You only pay at the end of the day.

I recommend a local driver, his name is "Oad" (by pronunciation) kind and honest guy, drives very safe. His mobile is +855 92 742 921

Instant Answers: Siem Reap

Comments

Siem Reap Transportation

Reviews and photos of Siem Reap transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Siem Reap sightseeing.