Siem Reap Transportation

Best Rated Transportation in Siem Reap

• hillelarkin's Profile Photo

tuk-tuk in Siem Reap

by hillelarkin Updated Mar 14, 2015

As part of our preparations for the trip, we had arranged a tuk-tuk driver to take us from our hotel in Siem Reap to the various Wats in Angkor site, for 3 consecutive days. The deal included also pick-up from the airport to the hotel upon our arrival to Siem Reap.

Our tuk-tuk driver was Mao Da (nicknamed - Da) of " Angkor Tours Driver ", email: maoda@live.com.

Da did an excellent job for us. He help us with final tuning of the plans (clearly, as stranger one can never estimate distances, road traffic, and the physical difficulties related to wandering in and around the Wats. So assistance of a local, knowledgeable person can help a lot).

Da is very polite, modest but knowledgeable about the entire area of our trip. His English is good and he was able to provide us any information we requested about each site we visited.
    Da is very easy going and flexible with routes and times . He took care of cold water (of which one can never have enough in such hot, humid days). One of the most interesting moments in our visit was visiting Da's village where he just finished to build his house. We ate at local eating place - it was not restaurant but rather a table under a tree, but the food was authentic and probably one of the best we had in Siem Reap. We met Da's wife and children and for us it was really great event.

As to driving, Da drives safely and is always relaxed, even during traffic jams. Having a good tuk-tuk driver like Da was a big contribution to our pleasant visit to the Angkor site

• aberacadabra's Profile Photo

Taxi to town

by aberacadabra Written Apr 18, 2011

On exiting the airport, past the cell phone (Sim card) shops is where you pay a flat rate of USD 7 to get to your lodgings. In the cab, you'll be asked by your driver if you need a car to get around the temples. The initial quote will be USD 30/day (excluding petrol for farther sites like Banteay Srei or Kulen) as stated on your receipt.

The trick is not to express interest, stay silent for awhile and your driver will drop the price to USD 25/day. From here, you can start bargaining if you're going to go to the temples for 3 or more days. USD 20-25 should be the average price for a driver. As mentioned, farther off places like Banteay Srei or Kbal Spean will attract a few more dollars.

You can also ask your driver to get you an english speaking/other language guide. It costs an additional USD25 per day.

• ancient_traveler's Profile Photo

BICYCLE RENTAL

by ancient_traveler Written Mar 28, 2012

Bicycling is quickly becoming a popular way to visit the temples. The roads between the main temples are paved and the distances are about right for a bicycle touring. Bring sun screen, a good hat, water and a Cambodian scarf to keep the sun off your neck. Many of the guesthouses, hotels have bicycles for rent. $1.5-$4/day depending on the type and quality of the bike.

• Highly Recommended Car Driver In Siem Reap

by magte Written Jul 12, 2009

I highly recommend any traveller to use the service of this local driver of mine. His name is Mr Dara Rann. To my opinion and a few days experienced with him, I find that he is very honest, reliable and a quiet man. He drove an old Totota Camry. A very responsible and careful driver. He knows every corner and tries to avoid every pothole on the road. Never encouraged you to do shopping to earn commission unless you requested yourself. Even if you don't buy anything, it is OK with him.

His daily rate inclusive of petrol is USD25/day if just around Angkor Wat complex or USD35/day to go further location such as Tonle Sap river or Phnom Kulen. He is also a licensed tour guide at a rate of USD25/day.

The only problem with him is he tried not to drive further than what he is supposed to. I think it is because he tried to conserve as much car petrol as possible. Petrol in Cambodia is very expensive. So pay him extra if you wants to go further or tip him well for his good services.

To my opinion, it is unnecessary to hire him as tour guide. Read your way through and by asking him questions. In that way, you will save by half. He can be contacted at his H/P# +855-12-784448 or email ranndara1980@yahoo.com. He doesn't read his email everyday. Give him a few days to respond.

• Museum Visits

• Tuk Tuk Driver Recommendation in Siem Reap

by nelliethebeagle Updated Apr 4, 2011

I just came back from Cambodia a few days ago. I hired Sra Pon to be our tuk-tuk driver for four and a half days in Siem Reap. He was very reliable. He was always on time every morning and kept his tuk-tuk very clean and tidy. The seat was very soft and covered in fabric seats (most other tuk-tuks have vinyl seats), which is great when the roads are bumpy and the weather is hot!! He even supplied us with bottles of cold water and wet towels in his ice box everyday. He spoke very good English and he could also read English as we showed him the names of the temples we wanted to visit. He brought us to any place we wanted and suggested other places also.

He may not be the fastest tuk-tuk driver in Siem Reap but he is the safest and most careful driver in Siem Reap. Everyday we did the morning tour of the temples, followed by 2-3 hour lunch break and rest at the hotel, then did the afternoon tour of the temples. He made good suggestions as when to visit certain temples to avoid crowds. He also took us to different restaurants and other interesting places we wanted to go at night without any complains.

His rates are very reasonable, in fact was slightly lower than the other tuk-tuk driver was asking.

You can contact him at srapon@ymail.com
    His phone number is (855) 89461575

You will never regret that you hired him to take you around!

• davidjo's Profile Photo

TRAVEL TO POIPET

by davidjo Written May 21, 2012

Now that the road is finally surfaced bus travel to Poipet is easy by bus, taking less than 3 hours. At Poipet you will probably have to take a smaller bus to the border then walk across. Then you can get a tuk-tuk to either the bus station or train station.

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

NOMO Bus going to Phnom Penh

by theguardianangel Written Dec 17, 2012

Because we were on a budget, we booked a bus going back to Phnom Penh through our guesthouse. We chose NOMO bus instead of Mekong since there’s a big price difference. Nomo Bus is only 8USD while Mekong is 15USD. Nomo Bus is also air conditioned. Bus tickets were given to us at that moment with the number seats on it. A staff picked up us in the guesthouse and did a few stop overs for the other customers along the way to the bus terminal.

Just don’t expect something similar with the services offered by Mekong. Since Nomo bus is cheaper, the vehicle that fetched us in the guesthouse is a non-air conditioned van and looks like it’s ready to be in the garage at any moment.

At the bus terminal, there are staffs seated infront of the bus and you have to show the
    bus tickets to get it stamped before getting inside. The bus also has bathroom.

However, my friends and I, find it uncomfortable when we got inside.. people are shouting (most of them are locals). There’s no order and definitely a big difference to the services by Mekong. Oh well, it’s the choice we made… we just endured the travel. The only thing we enjoyed here is the movies played. Hollywood action movies like Unknown and The Transporter rocked the travelers. The usual videos played in Mekong are Cambodian music videos.

NOMO bus the busy bus terminal

• akkipaa's Profile Photo

Siem Reap Airport

by akkipaa Written Mar 17, 2013

The airport of Siam Reap is very handy, it's a small and friendly with very fast tracks in immigration.

The airport jas only a few gates, some shops with a lot of nice stuff in.

What to buy? "We" bought a tin pill case (they are different size, round and ovals) and some wrist bands. And guess what? I bought spices and took some take-away recipes with me :)

FCC (Foreign Correspondent club) restaurant is here also, the only in the airport, so you have to stand the costs.

Photo 2: This lovely lady with extremely nice Khmer dress where working in on of the shops, I discussed with her a while and she told me that she has two kind of them as working dress and this is for weekday use. I wonder how she looks when dressed to the feast dress :)

• akkipaa's Profile Photo

Fly with Bangkok Airways

by akkipaa Written Mar 19, 2013

Hopefully this is not seen as an advertisement, but I really like Bangkok Airways. OK, this time the service was not OK (fligt was to Bangkok), lunch was not OK, and drinking car disappeared before serving us. But...

Look the plane! The same flight continued from Bangkok to Samui and it's a real Beach Buggy! I was very happy to jump to the plane.

• sfphototraveller's Profile Photo

MEKONG EXPRESS Siem reap to Pnom penh

by sfphototraveller Written Apr 29, 2011

The front desk of my hotel bought the ticket for my I paid $ 11.
    tuk tuk picked me up and took me to the bus station checked in they gave me a ticket stub for my luggage and told me what number bus to board. Its a long 5 or 6 hours ride with a 30 min break for food.
    the bus has ac and overhead storage for carry on luggage and a bathroom in the back and window shades.
    They gave us a free bottle of water and a box of bread and jam.

• Nice Tuk Tuk Driver in Siem Reap

by drmohdisa Written Aug 21, 2011

When I was in Siem Reap, I found a good and reliable Tuk tuk driver. He waited for me at the airport and all count only 15 usd/day anywhere in Siem Reap. Some of the tuk tuk driver will charge different fees from the airport. He took me and my wife any places that I wanted to go around Siem Reap. His Tuk tuk is also clean and he always on time for every oppointment that we made. He can speak Malay, Thais fluently and a little bit Mandarin besides Khmer. His name is Se Kong. Can be contacted by phone: +855 12256503 or e-mail sekongangkor1@hotmail.com.

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

Bus to Kratie

by cochinjew Written Oct 4, 2011

Mekong Express to Kampong Cham and then another bus to Kratie. It may take the entire day to do it. Mekong Express is airconditioned and comfortable.
    I enjoyed very much my visit to Kratie with its hotels facing the Mekong and of course the most visited Tourist Attraction!

• WaRPer's Profile Photo

"Roza", the taxi/tuktuk driver

by WaRPer Written Dec 14, 2011

We had Mr.Roza as our driver the entire 3-day stay in Siem Reap. He's an energetic, diligent and courteous young man. He posses both taxi ($50/day) and tuktuk ($15/day), and services both long-haul (e.g. Poi Pet - Siem Reap) and short-haul within the city. Guarantee NO hassle or touting from this guy!

Mr Roza the driver

• mikelisaanna's Profile Photo

Hire a van and driver

by mikelisaanna Written Dec 14, 2011

The Angkor temples are very spread out, and not easily reachable on foot. Therefore, it helps to have a motor vehicle to get around. You will also need a driver, a not all road signs are in Roman letters. Your options are a tuk-tuk (rickshaw pulled by a motorcycle) or a car. For a few dollars more, we recommend hiring a car with a driver, which will cover ground more quickly than a tuk-tuk and have air conditioning. We hired a man named Pop, who was excellent. He happened to be our cab driver from the airport to our hotel. His van was air-conditioned, and he drove us wherever we wanted for $25/day, which included drinks and gasoline. He drove us for five days, and was very user friendly. For a few dollars extra, he also took us to Beng Malea, a temple about 2 hours away, which was one of the highlights of our trip.

• Archeology
    • Architecture

• ancient_traveler's Profile Photo

MOTO-ROMAUKS (TUKTUKS)

by ancient_traveler Written Mar 28, 2012

Tuk-tuks are covered offering some protection from sun and rain. In Siem Reap most drivers speak some English.

To the temples, transportation is usually rented by the day. Rates run about $10-$15/day for motorcycle trailers.

• Architecture

Instant Answers: Siem Reap

Comments

Siem Reap Transportation

Reviews and photos of Siem Reap transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Siem Reap sightseeing.