Rent a Car, Phnom Penh

Know about this? Rate It!

by Cathy&Gary
    Sameth's new mini van with seatbelts!
  • Cathy&Gary's Profile Photo

Sam - Private Driver

by Cathy&Gary Updated Jan 12, 2012

Sameth's new mini van

If you are looking for the safest, friendliest and most knowledgeable driver to show you around Phnom Penh or anywhere in Cambodia, then Sam's Your Man!!

Sam worked full time for Australian friends of ours who lived in Phnom Penh for four years.
    He was employed as their driver and some of his duties were vehicle maintenance, airport transfers, guiding and translating for varied visitors from Australia.

He was also required to consider and advise guests on security issues.

Sam has escorted many friends and family members of his employer throughout Cambodia and has made many life long friends. We are very lucky to be included in this group and have been very fortunate to have Sam drive us around during our last 4 trips to Cambodia.

Now for the last few years Sam has had his own driving business which had always been his long term dream.

Sam acts with absolute pride, courtesy and professionalism, this really shone through when he took responsibility for a blind guest!

Sam's Taxi is a spotless Camry with air conditioning, he speaks great English and is a very safe driver. If you are a large group and need a bigger car or van just contact Sam as he can organize everything. Sam has also recently purchased a mini van, it is once again spotless, equipped with seat belts and he will also provide a baby seat if needed.

Sam has worked and saved for a long time to be able to realize his dream which was to own his own car and have a business showing people his country.

He does not work for a company etc and we wish him all the best and know he will continue to succeed. He also knows all the best places to eat and shop, if there is something special you are looking for, Sam will make it his goal to find it!

If you are interested in any of the info below just email Sam for prices etc. This is not a full list, there are many more places throughout Cambodia that Sam can take you.

Airport Transfers

Email Sam on:
    monsameth@yahoo.com
    Phone:
    +855 (0) 12 76 22 90

Click here to visit the webpage Sam is in the process of setting up. There is also a reference from his previous employers on there.
    Below are some comments from people who have recently booked Sam to show them around.

Mike - Australia
    Hello,
    Just wanted to thank you again for recommending Sam as our driver while in
    Cambodia. Just got back--had a wonderful trip and Sam made it that much better,
    I have traveled to 27 countries and have met many good people, but he is surely the best. If there is ever anything I could do to help his business, I would gladly do it.
    Thanks again. Mike

Daejeon Nomad
    I posted my recommendation for Sam on the Trip Advisor Forum today. Sam is certainly a gem and deserves all the success in the world.

Hi Fellow Travellers:
     I just returned from Phnom Penh and wanted to recommend an excellent Khmer young man who can attend to all your tour and transportation needs.
     His name is Sameth. He's quite courteous, reliable, safe and friendly. His cars are air conditioned and he speaks English well. If you're in Phnom Penh and in need of transportation and/or tours, please don't hesitate to contact Sameth:
     Happy Travels!
     Daejeon Nomad

• Hewer's Profile Photo

Private Driver and Guide

by Hewer Updated Aug 26, 2004

My guide, Vannarith, in Phnom Penh

I had a private driver and guide in Phnom Penh for $30 per day. The guide spoke English fluently and the car was a late model Toyota Camry (with air-conditioning of course!!).

This was a little bit more than other options
    ($20 was possible) but I ended up saving money. The guide was street smart, knew a lot of neat places off the beaten track and really added to the experience. No tip required either. He organised hotel, domestic flights and other extras for no extra cost. It was a good experience.

• chiabh's Profile Photo

Car with Driver

by chiabh Updated Apr 4, 2011

with ben... the driver

The best way to move around Phnom Pehn is by air-conditioned car... You can use the cyclo and tuk tuk as well, but it is very dusty in the city and the surrounding areas... We booked an air-conditioned car with driver directly thru the driver, with his details given in the talesof asia website... Ben, the driver, picks us up at the airport and show us the sights of Phnom Penh in our brief 5 hours stop-over in the city... We visited the "must" see tourists places and paid USD20 for the excursion... excluding any entrance fees...

• Travel Opptions from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap

by dmerchent Written Jan 8, 2009

The boats leave Sisowath Quay at 7:30 AM so an overnight stay in PP would be required. I've taken the boat and while the first hour was exciting the next five were painful, I wouldn't do it again. If you want a river experience wait till you are in Siem Reap and take a trip out to Kom Plong Phluk (sp)

You'll have to hire a taxi or van (for 3 with baggage probably 9-12 dollars) to take you to the bus you decide on, Mekong Express, Angkor Express or one of the others..all charge about 10.00 per person, not a bad ride at all and you get to see the wonderful countryside, I wouldn't miss it but it depends..you could have a smooth semi quiet 5 hour ride or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride from hell depending on the driver you get.

I live in Siem Reap, I take the bus all the time it works for me..but if I was on a few day trip and want to reserve my body resources for seeing one of the most amazing architectural sites of all time..I would arrange for a nice van to be waiting for me outside baggage for a comfy smooth trips to Siem Reap..if I set it up myself it would be about 60.00 for a van one way..I don't know what a travel service would charge..you can check the yellow pages... http://www.yellowpages-cambodia.com/ I'm not selling them but I know that Diethelm Travel is a reliable travel company in Phnom Penh. Wishing you a wonderful trip! Debra

• Jungle and Rain Forest