Know about this?
During the last couple of years, safety in Cambodia has improved a lot. The main problem in rural area are still the landmines (especially near the border to Thailand).
The Khmer Rouge have been dissolved in 1998. So the threat of being hijacked has vanished. More of a problem nowadays is crime, which is on the fast rise. Especially Phnom Penh is getting more and more dangerous. After dark, robbery at gunpoint seems quite common. There are several reports of tourists being dragged from their motorbikes. Make sure that you don't stay out in the evening.
Be Careful in the Countryside
Be careful venturing out in the countryside by yourself. Stay to tracks recommended. Landmines are still a very big concern in Cambodia. You see many amputees - young and old alike in the country.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Phnom Penh Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Bangalore Hotels
- Dunes City Hotels
- Carcar Hotels
- Dhaka Hotels
- Montecatini Terme
- Lloret de Mar
- San Francisco Warnings and Dangers
- Negril Warnings and Dangers
- Hyderabad Warnings and Dangers
- U. S. Virgin Islands Warnings and Dangers
- Copenhagen Warnings and Dangers
- Reno Warnings and Dangers
- Ko Phangan Warnings and Dangers
- Dubai Warnings and Dangers
- Atlantic City Warnings and Dangers
- Croatia Warnings and Dangers
- Cusco Warnings and Dangers
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Warnings and Dangers