Places to eat in Cambodia

Most Viewed Restaurants in Cambodia

• DrunkenTraveller's Profile Photo

The Monkey Republic - Sihanoukville: Monkeying Around!

by DrunkenTraveller Updated Apr 23, 2012

We visited Sihanoukville, Cambodia in May 2011. Towards evening, Me, My hubby and my friends were looking around the streets near the hotel for a watering hole. And guess what! We found the perfect one!

Our drinks came in buckets. A bucket cost USD 5 and plenty to consume! Four of those amongst the four of us and we were DONE! We all had a bucket of run and coke each :-) But many choices available.

Dinner was scrumptious too. I had myself a cheese omlette which was accompanied by a baguette. The others had duck, chicken and green curry. However, my dish was a hot favourite so they ordered an extra one of those to share!

Bar was quite full with foreigners so us Sri Lankans were not noticed by the bar counter that much. But heck! We didnt mind! As long as we got what we paid for, we were more than happy!

This place also doubles as a budget guesthouse, but we chose the independence beach hotel, which was a four star. Not sure of how the guest-house is but you can probably check it out at the link given below :-)

I recommend you Visit Monkey Republic without fail, whenever you are in Sihanoukville ;-)

Favorite Dish: Cheese Omlette accompanied by a Baguette

• DrunkenTraveller's Profile Photo

The Blue Pumpkin: Mouth watering treats!

by DrunkenTraveller Written Apr 21, 2012

There are many branches of the Blue Pumpkin. We visited it once in Siam reap - after a long morning of visiting the temples and once in Phnom Penh. They have everything from Fresh Berry Smoothies to Waffles and pastries. Drowning in choices, i ordered two items. The Ham and cheese Quiche and the Cheese toast. Oh gosh im craving for those right now! The taste was just right and they are very generous with portions. They also have a gift / souvenier shop at the Siam reap branch, where tourists can buy their very own miniature Angkor Wat or other cultural souveniers. But quite pricey. The food however, was great value for money.

At the Phnom Penh branch, we enjoyed rocky road icecream and pasta. The ambiance of the phnom Penh branch is much more relaxed and casual than the Siam reap one. They have unique "Bed like" couches all arund the upper floor, where you can put your feet up and work on your laptop until your food arrives. The Food is kept on a "Breakfast in bead" kinda tray so its easy to feel at home :) Check out the site for a clearer image of this.

The website however needs a revamp since only the contact details and locations are currently listed. This place is a MUST if you ever visit Cambodia.

Favorite Dish: Ham and chese Quiche - Filled with mouth watering cheese and ham. Simply heavenly. Easily the best Quiche ive ever tasted.

• The Cavern Bar & Restaurant: Best food I've had in ages

by dv8inpp Updated Apr 4, 2011

The restaurant had just opened when I visited. The menu consisted of several Italian dishes, several Cajun style dishes and a mix of English and Mexican food. The restaurant is located on a busy but small street which has it's own ambiance.

The bar itself is a beautiful half guitar shaped wooden top with brick face.

There is a small area for live music and a set of drums with microphones, mixer and amplifier.

The music collection has about 70,000 songs, some of which are very esoteric.

There is also a free internet terminal as well as WiFi available, a bit slow in the day time but good at night.

Favorite Dish: Having eaten the hamburger, the Italian meatball sandwich and the Italian meatballs with linguini and homemade Marinara sauce as well as the Chilli and Mash I would have to say they were all very good. Being English the creamy smooth mash did it for me.

Being a big eater I found the large version at $6 the best choice. Other people that had the standard size were surprised I could eat so much.

• Music

• Bernithetraveler's Profile Photo

Happy Pizza: Don't miss the Pizza

by Bernithetraveler Updated Jan 30, 2011

If you're in Ocheutal beach and you don't go for a Pizza at Happy Pizza , you just miss one a good dinner ! went to 3 different but HAPPY PIZZA IS the ONE !

Wow , wow .... try and be happy with your choice !

Favorite Dish: PIZZA ! # 13

• piglet44's Profile Photo

shop no 47, the Russian Market: the best Iced coffee in Phnom Penh

by piglet44 Written Jul 20, 2009

After you have become dazed and exhausted walking around Phnom Penh pop into the Russian Market for souvenirs and then take the weight off your feet with a refreshing iced coffee at Mr Bounnareth's stall. He is a lovely man and will smile and nod (if you don't speak any Khmer which I don't) and you will come away pleasantly refreshed.

Favorite Dish: they had lots of food but we just had drinks

• zuhur's Profile Photo

Bokor hotel: Kampot specials -

by zuhur Written May 16, 2009

This restaurant offered halal food. And yet seafood (prawns) also chicken.
    It was outdoors on the roof - I personally was too hot to eat - yet I recommend it as
    everyone else was happy, and they managed to deal with a very large group we had
    approx. 50 people.

the other reason I added it was to show you a picture of Pheakday Nim, the super duper
    arranger from the embassy who made everything go smoothly and also a lady at this event and her daughters with whom I had a good conversation about the lack of programs for
    Muslim women in the area - not that there aren't NGOs, they just aren't focusing on leadership

• zuhur's Profile Photo

many restaurants will serve this: Try Fresh Pepper & Kampot Pepper

by zuhur Written Apr 30, 2009

This was not specific to one restaurant; I had food prepared with Kampot pepper sauce and also with the green pepper pods and both were delicious. At the buffet at the Raffles hotel, I asked and they gave me a recipe, basically oil, chicken stock, garlic, the pepper (which you can buy whole or ground), oyster sauce and Chinese [their term] wine.
    This was served with meat, but could be with chicken.

• Sal's Bar and Restaurant: Best food in Ban Lung!!

by glasgow554 Written Feb 12, 2009

Me and my girlfriend were spending a couple of days in Ban Lung and did a google search for restaurants and discovered a place named Sal's. Reading the reviews people raved about the food so we decided to give it a try.

We went there and both had pasta dishes and on the following night had Tortillas both dishes were seriously tasty and quite refreshng compared to some previous places we hd visited on our travels.

The food is mainly western with a good selection of vegetarian food and a few local dishes.

We were also pleased to meet Sal and she made us feel very welcome and we also met a crowd of expats who frequented Sal's regularly which is always a good sign.

At the time of our visit the roads were being upgraded and it was a bit tricky to find Sal's but we asked the locals who pointed us the right way.

Favorite Dish: On our first night we both had pasta which were from the specials board.
    Mine was Carbonara which tasted great and the bacon was as good as you get back home in the UK.

Second night we both had Tortillas mine was beef and my girlfriend had vegetarian both were great and good size portions.

• Eco-Tourism

• ExoticGal's Profile Photo

Le Tigre de Papier: Authentic Khmer food, well, maybe adapted a bit...

by ExoticGal Written Jan 10, 2009

We had excellent Khmer food here. I enjoyed Tonle Sap fish cooked in banana leaf. I believe they tried to adapt the taste a little to Western taste but the food was still very authentic to me. Very good value.

Recently they also have 24-hour pizza delivery service to make sure no tourist will ever go hungry in Seam Reap, whatever the hour

NB: Photo of their cooking classes, from their website

• Women's Travel

• listenandlearn's Profile Photo

Affordable delicious quick food: MAKE YOU HUNGRY "FOOD"

by listenandlearn Written Dec 10, 2008

Here you will see photos of eggs cooked just like the way we prepare Eggs Benidic, with soft rounded white bread. Then there is these photo with ready cook food. Deep friend shrimps, chicken. Eash of these cost less than U.S.$00.30 each. All of which are so delicious. Then we have something like a barbeque seafood stick. Then the famous sweetest fruit called "Lansones". then lastly but not the last is one of our breakfast which is quite interestingly thought of presenting like with a big smile. The contents are: two sunnyside up easy friend eggs which represents the two eyes, one regular sausage which represents the nose and a piece of rectangle piece of ham which represents the mouth...mouth smiling.....

Favorite Dish: They are all so delicious

• Romdeng: Chowing Down for a Good Cause

by IntrepidTravel Written Jul 25, 2008

I have always taken a bit of sadistic pride in watching my groups squirm when I talk about the wackiest local food available. One of Cambodia's specialties is fried tarantula, specially imported from Kompong Cham province. What makes the tarantula experience even more incredible is where I take my groups to eat it: Phnom Penh's extraordinary Romdeng restaurant.

This is no ordinary restaurant. Romdeng is only one venture of Mith Samlanh's many programs. As a non-profit, non-government and non-denominational organization, its mission is to restore safety, health, dignity and education to Cambodian street children. At Romdeng they receive training in the culinary and service arts, thus giving them the means to raise income for themselves.

The restaurant's atmosphere is wonderful and the food delicious (and that includes the tarantula). On a warm Phnom Penh evening you can take advantage of the open terrace dining area, and the interior adorned with paintings by the trainees themselves is incredibly welcoming and peaceful. War-torn Cambodia needs more support for grass roots organizations such as Mith Samlanh.

Because of Cambodia's horrific genocide during the Khmer Rouge times of the late 1970s, the population is amazingly unbalanced: more than half of Cambodia's people are under the age of 18 and more than a third of its population lives on less than one dollar per day. Given the intense poverty of the country, the tarantula experience at Romdeng is more than just a good travel story.

If you like the idea of chowing down for a good cause, then join Intrepid as we put our money where our mouth is and frequent many great restaurants and cafes in the regions we travel: KOTO in Hanoi, a successful hospitality training centre to keep kids off the streets; Baan Unrak where you can buy bread and weavings to assist the Thai orphanage and local school; Ananda and Modern Nomads restaurants in Ulaan Baatar where profits go to street kids and the Lotus children's orphanage; and another great favorite in Cambodia is the Khmer Kitchen, a restaurant which helps support a local women's group.

If the cuisine at Romdeng sounds a bit too challenging, then Friends restaurant is the perfect Phnom Penh alternative, as funds raised go to the same organization, Mith Samlanh, which helps an average of 1500 children per day rise above adversity.

Favorite Dish: Fried tarantula because it is so exotic and I wouldn't normally eat it at home.

• Eco-Tourism
    • Study Abroad

• Snipernurse's Profile Photo

Eat to your hearts desire

by Snipernurse Written Jun 19, 2008

I ate and ate and ate in Cambodia, and lo and behold, I did not get a touch of travellers diarrhea. Now I took necessary precautions that all travelers take, and I avoided any distress. Cambodian food is a delight. Enjoy. Try to avoid touristy spots, as always, for authentic experience. I was very tickled that when eating at a diner in Phnom Penh I left two dollars for our very nice waitress. She chased us down in the street to inform us that we had forgotten our money. I tried to explain to her that it was a tip, and it was for her, and thank you for your nice service. She didn't understand initially, but after I insisted she keep it she walked back to the resteraunt with a huge smile. That alone made the meal worth it, nevermind the food was delicious!

• emmet7's Profile Photo

The Corner Restaurant: riverfront places

by emmet7 Written Jun 23, 2007

excellent value, delectable food that is mostly Cambodian / French fusion, wide selection of affordable wine, great location on the riverfront with outdoor cafe seating.

Favorite Dish: I liked the river fish in spicy sauce, do not recall exact name.

• Motorcycle

• emmet7's Profile Photo

The Corner Restaurant: riverfront places

by emmet7 Written Jun 23, 2007

Favorite Dish: I liked the river fish in spicy sauce, do not recall exact name.

• Motorcycle

• michwladlip's Profile Photo

Green World Restaurant: Best fish soup

by michwladlip Updated Jun 22, 2007

On the way to Siem Riep we stopped to lunch on restaurant few kilometers before Skoun, There we eat the best fish soup that I test before. there was also good list of another sea food courses. For these that like freaky food near restaurant you could find fried in deep oil with garlic ,black Tarantula spiders.

Cambodia Hotels

7 Reviews - 13 Photos
Kampong Cham Hotels
11 Reviews - 23 Photos

Instant Answers: Cambodia

Comments

Cambodia Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Cambodia restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cambodia sightseeing.
Map of Cambodia