Tunxi Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in Tunxi

• Sharrie's Profile Photo

Another local museum

by Sharrie Updated Jun 7, 2004

This one certainly looks much more presentable.
    Again, I've no idea what's inside.
    Pity... but can't see them all!
    There are numerous museums in China.
    Imagine that extensive history & the population in China & perhaps you'll have a grasp of depth of its history & arts.

Anyhow, we all have to prioritize in life.
    Museums have never been a priority for me.
    On the other hand, if it's yours, by all means visit this one. It's also in the Old Street area.

• Sharrie's Profile Photo

Tunxi Museum

by Sharrie Updated Jun 7, 2004

Take a stroll down the Old Street... akin to those Old Towns in Europe. It's full of rows of old architecture, chinese-styled.
    Shophouses displaying local goodies & arts & crafts.
    Was told this is one of the places to get antiques. But I'm not into antiques, so can't tell you much about it & bargaining power as well.
    I've heard lots of stories about buying antiques in China & they usually are more frustrations than anything. The only advise I have for anyone is that if you don't know what you are buying for, don't buy. If you don't know anything well enough, don't invest. That's the first rule of investment in the financial markets. But it applies almost everywhere!

On the other hand, if something appeals to you & you've to have it no matter what, then by all means splash. But don't go checking on prices after buying. & don't ask others either. That's one sure way of making yourself unhappy when you were happy with your purchases to begin with! Just be contend with your find ;-)

If you really like antiques, perhaps you could take a trip to the local museum.
    I'm one of those who don't have to own everything I set my eyes on. So, a museum trip works out fine.
    However, due to the late hours we arrived, I wasn't able to visit this one.
    If anyone did, let me know what it's like inside, ok?

Instant Answers: Tunxi

Comments

Tunxi Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Tunxi things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tunxi sightseeing.