Know about this?
The Chinese people dress more conservatively than Westerners. Men do not wear shorts and women do not wear sleeveless outfits. Chinese women also do not wear tracksuits.
Blue jeans, however, are popular among the Chinese youths.
- Road Trip
Although not as cold as much of northern China, Beijingers do need to keep out the sub-zero temperatures for five months of the year.
Everyone wears thermal underwear and then use multiple layers of clothing to keep the chill out. When it gets really cold, many take to wearing cotton face-masks.
These two ladies at the Temple Fair in Ditan Park have added some optional extras to their designer 'warmth kits'.
For visitors, the face-masks, wizards hats and swords are not mandatory.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Plenty of choices
- Agoda.com Save up to 75%, Don't miss! Live support, Instant confirmation.
Beijing Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Ghatsila Hotels
- Hanging Rock State Park Hotels
- Corpus Christi Hotels
- Olongapo City Hotels
- Combermere Abbey Hotels
- Tybee Island Hotels
- Hong Kong
- Riva del Garda
- Memphis Hotels
- Ha Ha Tonka State Park Hotels
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Nuns Island Hotels
- Coyoacán Hotels
- State of Jammu and Kashmir