Acrobats, Beijing

Know about this? Rate It!

Chaoyang Theater
  • ahoerner's Profile Photo

Acrobats: ChaoYang Theatre

by ahoerner Written Jul 4, 2004

ChaoYang Theatre

In this small theatre you can have a taste of the chinese acrobatics skills.

Beautiful and impressive performances will not let you loose any part of the show.

Definitely worth a visit!

Tickets begin on RMB100 (EUR10) and show begins on 19h15.

Dress Code: No special requirements.

• lindyz's Profile Photo

Beijing Chaoyang Theatre: Amazing acts of balance and strength

by lindyz Updated Apr 4, 2011

Sitting right next to Eric and Christine!!!

We dont usually holiday for the nightlife - instead we are mostly in bed early and awake early the next morning, ready to fit as much as possible into our day. So, we dont usually go out much at night, this was our only big night out, and indeed our latest night out, getting back to our Hotel at 10pm! Most nights we are in bed between 8-9pm!

As part of our day out with Alvin, I had requested to see an acrobatics show. Alvin suggested this one and was also kind enough to purchase our tickets for us, at a HUGE discount as he usually buys in bulk.

Our seats were in the 280rmb area and Alvin managed to buy our tickets for only 120rmb, a great saving. We were on the first floor, row 15, seat numbers 8 and 9.

The show was spectacular and every act left us holding our breath and gasping with ooohs and ahhhhs! I would highly recommend going to see this show. They do 2 shows each night. The first is from 5.15-6.15pm and the second (the one we saw) is from 7.15-8.30pm. The acrobatics were amazing, as were the costuming and dancing.

Even more amazing is that when we entered the theatre, we were shocked to see we were sitting next to Christine and Eric, a couple from Belgium who we had met on the Great Wall earlier that day. They had followed us on the Wall for about an hour, listening to Alvin's entertaining commentary and we had talked to them a lot. We said goodbye to them on the Wall, knowing we would never see them again. Then .... amazingly enough we were sitted right next to them at the Acrobatics Show - WE COULD NOT BELIEVE IT!!! They were not too happy that their guide had charged them 380rmb for the 280rmb tickets, especially when I told them Alvin had got ours for only 120rmb!!! I should have given them Alvins phone number!!! It was very funny.

• clairegeordio's Profile Photo

Acrobats: Chaoyang Theatre

by clairegeordio Updated Jan 20, 2007

This theatre is located in the Chaoyang District and is a Chinese acrobatics show involving bicycles, tight rope walking, and spinning plates that is aimed at tourists. It was a very entertaining show, highly recommended. Showtimes are 17.15-18.15, and 19.15-20.30 every night. Tickets are 50-300 RMB. Ours were 180 RMB each for good seats, right in the middle.

Dress Code: Cameras seemed to be allowed.

• herzog63's Profile Photo

I don't remember which one I saw: Beijing Acrobats and Circus

by herzog63 Updated Sep 23, 2003

Beijing Acrobatic Troupe

If you're in Beijing you gotta check out the Acrobatic Troupes. They are fun to watch! They were for me anyways. I went twice in Beijing and twice in Shanghai. It was fairly inexpensive too! Just a couple of dollars in 1987. I'm sure the price has risen since then. Just ask at your hotel or tourist office for the latest schedule and prices.

• Trains

• Chaoyang Theater: Flying Acrobats Show

by opalzebra3 Written Dec 6, 2009

Chaoyang Theater Flying Acrobats Show

I was on my third trip to Beijing last November 2009. On my first trip, I watched the Cultural Show, it was okay but a bit too long. This time we decided to watch the Flying Acrobats Show in Chaoyang Theater. There are 2 daily shows, 1715H and 1915H. The tickets are a bit expensive at CNY 280 each (over US$40) but definitely worth it. The show includes tumblers, gymnasts, contortionists, spinning spindles, spinning plates, hoops, 2 giant wheels with an acrobat juggling and skipping rope (even blindfolded) on top while the wheels spin. It's no surprise that the Chinese always place in the gymnastics competitions, they are really great. The grand finale presents 12 female cyclists who finally end up riding a single bike.

Dress Code: No dress code but shorts would be a bit out of place.

• Acrobats: Acrobatic Disapointment - Tiandi

by michellemci Written Feb 25, 2008

I would NOT reconmend Tiandi Theatre. Tickets are more expensive than the competition and the quality is just okay. We tried to buy tikets for 180Y (25US) and they told us they were all sold out and we had to get tickets for 280Y (40US) - when we got to the show it was empty (maybe 30 seats filled and 200 empty?) - we complained but of course they did not speak english. Major disapointment that might have been okay, but the show was not that great either.

Dress Code: casual

• iblatt's Profile Photo

Beijing Chaoyang Theater Acrobatics World: Acrobatics:

by iblatt Updated Feb 11, 2011
    Chaoyang Theater: acrobatics show

After a long day in and around Beijing, our guide Jamie brought us to this acrobatics show.

On the website it says: "Chaoyang Theatre builds up a bridge between Chinese traditional culture and the world. It exhibits the profoundness of Chinese acrobatics to the world."
    The show started exactly at 19:15, with a continuous flow of acrobats performing more and more stunning numbers. I especially enjoyed the acrobats walking all around the circumference of a giant metal wheel, performing unbelievable exercises. The bicycle number, with 10 or 12 girls riding one bicycle in a seemingly fragile human pyramid formation, was also very good.

I think the production could do with less extravagant costumes and props and less bombastic music, and let the acrobatics speak for themselves. One of the best numbers consisted of just one acrobat alone on the stage with a bunch of chairs, constructing a higher and higher tower with these chairs and climbing them to the top.

• Seniors
    • Business Travel

• katamorgana's Profile Photo

Acrobats: Special Chinese

by katamorgana Written Jan 28, 2005

Unfortunately, I really can´t remember, where the show took place. I was so tired after two days busy program. The amazing show prevented me falling asleep. It is worth watching that.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo

Acrobats: Acrobat show

by Jim_Eliason Updated Dec 28, 2008

Acrobats

While in Beijing you should catch an acrobat show. It's inexpensive and quite fantastic what these artists can do with their bodies

Dress Code: Casual

Typical show for tourists

by shivan Written Sep 4, 2003

tired... so tired...

Last night we were brought to watch an acrobat show.

A typical show for tourists, but there were many chinese people in the theatre too.

Chairs

by shivan Updated Sep 7, 2003

Chairs

Here some girls try to kill themselves standing on a chair pile.

Seven chairs seven girls. They survived the nightshow, anyway.

• shivan's Profile Photo

A guy with no spinal problems

by shivan Written Sep 4, 2003

Why doing this?

A guy with no spinal problems loves to play with ribbons while having a girl shaking more ribbons on his head.

Too easy if he wasn't in equilibrium on a stair (more stairs!!!).

Bicycle

by shivan Updated Sep 5, 2003

traffic problem solved!

15 girls here were sharing a bicycle.

It seemed dangerous to us so me and the other guys immediately start collecting money inside the hall to buy them more bicycles.

• The International Club - 21...

by london.gal Written Aug 24, 2002

The International Club - 21 Jianguomenwai Dajie. Pay 10 yuan and you'll be in for a great treat.
    Acrobatic performances!!!!!!!!!