John Bull pub, Beijing

44 Guanghua Lu 6532 5905

Know about this? Rate It!

• John Bull pub: Venue name, theme changed

by beijingboyce Written Jan 26, 2007

John Bull Pub is now Tim's Texas BBQ and, if the opinon of my friends from the Lone Star State are valid, serves up excellent smoked meats (the jalapeno potato salad is good, too). Not the biggest ranks of beer, but the food is good.

Dress Code: Casual

• matteucs's Profile Photo

John Bull pub: Great comfort food

by matteucs Written Jan 8, 2007

This was my most frequented establishment in Beijing. it was about 1 minute from my hotel/apartment for the couple months i was in Beijing. I loved John Bull pub and will go back as soon as i return to China. The wait staff is friendly and speak wonderful English, much to my chagrin as i was trying to learn Mandarin. The owner/manager is one of those guys you'll never forget and we had a great time getting to know him. We even were given a little going away when we left. The food is wonderful, but is about the same price as back here in the states, or maybe it just seemed so because everything else was so cheap.

Tuesday nights were quiz night.. hopefully still are. Hone your skills though, those damned ambassadors from all the embassies team up and are almost unbeatable... and we fancied ourselves quite learned.

Dress Code: casual

• Beer Tasting
    • Business Travel
    • Study Abroad

• Yso's Profile Photo

John Bull pub: An english pint

by Yso Written Feb 20, 2004

If you fancy a pint in a convivial english speaking bar, head for the John Bull. A lot of teh brit expat community goes here as well as english speaking chinese.

There's a 2 for 1 happy hour every day, they also have quiz nights and other stuff.

Instant Answers: Beijing