Know about this? Rate It!
CCTV tower after the big fire
CCTV auxiliary is burned down 2009 March in a ridiculous accident caused by people making fires on top of the building to celebrate a Chinese traditional holiday.
What's in the picture is the building after this multi-billion entertainment.
- Business Travel
The CCTV Tower
The CCTV Tower is located on the left hand side of the west 3rd ring road, besides the Yuyuantan Park. The ticket price to the observation deck above, which scales to 238 metres, is Y50. Since the tower isn't located at the center of the city, don't expect to see many of the city's famous landmarks, especially when going on a hazy day like I did. This tower is a no-frills tower and the only reason you might want to come here is to enjoy an unhindered view from the open-air deck.
The Central China Television Tower.
If you are lucky, you can convince the tour guide to stop off at the CCTV tower. We were allowed to go up to the top of it and get a look out over Beijing. Since you can't get to the top of most of the buildings, this is a neat way to get a higher view of the city.
Almost every major city in Asia has some type of tower. Beijing's is pretty nice.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Plenty of choices
- Agoda.com Save up to 75%, Don't miss! Live support, Instant confirmation.
Beijing Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Pavas Hotels
- Quepos Hotels
- Brampton Hotels
- Cavite Hotels
- Legaspi City
- Sanibel Island
- Wisconsin Dells
- Chicago Off The Beaten Path
- Georgia Off The Beaten Path
- Boston Off The Beaten Path
- Tennessee Off The Beaten Path
- Philadelphia Off The Beaten Path
- DAY TRIPS AROUND MUMBAI
- Washington State Off The Beaten Path
- Portland Off The Beaten Path
- Key West Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Rome
- Las Vegas Off The Beaten Path
- Texas Off The Beaten Path