1001 Nights, Beijing

by urban4est
  • 1001 Nights
    by sugarpuff
  • katjamcd's Profile Photo

1001 Nights: Don't miss the belly dancers!

by katjamcd Updated Apr 4, 2011

As the name would suggest, 1001 Nights restaurant serves up a top range of middle eastern food. Some dishes are more successful that others. The falafels were a disaster but all of the kebabs were excellent.

Favorite Dish: Great kebabs!

• sugarpuff's Profile Photo

1001 Nights: Belly dancers galore!

by sugarpuff Updated May 21, 2009

ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!!! A mecca for vegetarians and meat lovers alike! I eat meat and so does my boyfriend, but the two girls we were with didn't! But this didn't prove to be a problem whatsoever! The menu clearly states which dishes are veggie and which ones aren't, and believe it or not, I think the majority were meat free! You can sit both inside or on the big terrace outside. We chose outside as it was a very warm night. The atmosphere was great, the service was impeccable and the food was magnificent! What more could you ask for?!

Favorite Dish: We had an array of dishes and shared them all, as that way we'd get to taste many different things. We had falafels, hoummous, a sour cucumber dip with warm pitta bread, cheesy filled pastries, a mouth watering salad with spices galore and a tangy vinagrette, a small but very tasty fish and some chicken wings.... And this was all topped off with cocktails and beers! Oh my goodness my mouth is getting all excited just describing the dishes...I want to go back...I have to go back...I NEED to go back!!!!

• 1001 Knights: Well worth a visit

by PeterJac Updated Nov 23, 2006

Very nice restaurant but the portions are quite big, not a complaint, but a main course is probably sufficient for most people, good atmosphere when the belly dancing starts even though it was early evening when we were there.

Favorite Dish: Perhaps the lambs testicles isn't to everyones taste but my girlfriend absolutely loved them '-)

• colombian18's Profile Photo

In the muslim quarter: Mongolian(could be uighur) restaurant

by colombian18 Updated Jul 22, 2006

Try and visit well i was told it was mongolian...but it might have been uighur......well visit the restuarant in the muslim quarter near the mosque,its very nice. Great meats.

Favorite Dish: Meats.lamb,beef and other stuff.its extremely edible.

• urban4est's Profile Photo

1001 Nights: In China Chinese Food unless

by urban4est Updated Dec 13, 2004

from 1001nights.com.cn

On my second trip to Beijing I wanted to do something different. I picked this restaurant from the internet because I like middle eastern food and was curious about international restaurants in China. I wasn't disapointed. The food was as good or better than any I go to in L.A. The atmosphere is authentic. That night there were only several Chinese and I, who may have been the only other non Arab diner. The music was good the belly dancers were great and the food even better. If you smoke you can even order a hookah.

Favorite Dish: Nothing disappointed me but be aware that the meat was not lamb but mutton. It is gamier but I prefer mutton so it wasn't a problem. The hummus with fried mutton crumbles was fantastic.

I strongly recommend this restaurant for a night out on the town for anyone who enjoys middle eastern food.

Instant Answers: Beijing

Comments

Hotels Near 1001 Nights
4.0 out of 5 stars