Adria, Beijing

• Adria
    by karinyeung
  • budgetadventurer's Profile Photo

Adria: Buy one get one free Mondays!

by budgetadventurer Written Apr 2, 2006

For people on a budget but craving fantastic pizza, Adria cannot be beat. On Monday nights, their pizzas are buy one, get one free -- meaning that you can get TWO delicious pizzas for about 50rmb ($6 USD). Every Monday night that we don't have other plans, my husband and I make the trek all the way across Beijing just for this deal. It is my FAVORITE pizza in Beijing, and the deal can't be beat.

Favorite Dish: I'm vegetarian, so I've only had the meatless pizzas at Adria, but I can highly recommend the 4-cheese pizza and the one with Mozzarella, arugula, and tomato. All the ingredients are extremely fresh and authentic.

• Adria: Adria (@ Lai Tai)

by mke1963 Written Jan 20, 2006

Little branch of a restaurant that has several branches across the city, Adria has a simple, short menu of Italian staples - nothing adventurous but everything reliable.

It is at the entrance to the appallingly named Lady Dressing Street (known locally by many as Cross Dressing Street), don not confuse the Adria as the source of the pumping loud music, as I did for a year. The noise is coming from the little market immediately behind it. The Adria is soundproofed and you can't hear or feel a single note inside.

The restaurat is good for people watching as there are full plate glass windows along the entire wall, but do remember, if you are a laowai, that people-watching is a two way process!

Coffee gets only 5 out of 10 but is the best place locally, until you get down to the Kempinski.

Favorite Dish: Nothing spectacular; all reliable. Everything will be ready in 5 minutes.

• karinyeung's Profile Photo

Adria: Adria

by karinyeung Written Aug 25, 2002

The price is ok for an expat-style restaurant. It's very convenient if you plan to go to hit the San Li Tun district at night. For me, it was REALLY convenient because it was a 10 minute walk from home.

Favorite Dish: The lunch hour specials are good (M-F). Otherwise, their veggie canelloni is fantastic and they are famous for their brick-oven pizzas.

• whoops

by laowai_nash Updated Dec 30, 2007

ÀÏëø¼Ò¹ýÇÅÃ×Ïß is an amazing restaurant located just around the corner from the Beijing Saga Youth Hostel...

I haven't ever written a review for a restaurant before, but after eating at this place I was so blown away by the friendly staff and the amazing food that I had to write a review...

My chinese is intermediate at best and the cook even came out into the dining room and helped me choose a few dishes for my family. There weren't a lot of people there when I went so there wasn't a wait and the food came out fresh and fast.

I was really impressed by the service since i've grown accustomed to the typical subpar service and attitude you get in most chinese restaurants. I don't know why this place was so dead when I went in but they deserve your business!

Instant Answers: Beijing