Fuku Restaurant, Beijing

Denei Dajie, Xi Cheng 6403 7311

• The restaurant is the one painted in blue.
    The restaurant is the one painted in...
    by Lemonita
  • Fuku Restaurant
    by wwliu
  • blinkybikini's Profile Photo

Fu Ku: Good view..interesting name

by blinkybikini Written Apr 9, 2012

This restaurant is at the northernmost part of the houhai lake. The restaurant is plain-ish inside but in the summer the view of the lake - especially at night - is the real highlight. It's dreamy.

Favorite Dish: The food has all of the Sichuan spicy classics. I liked the mapo tofu, the baby bok choy and mushrooms, the twice cooked pork and of course copious amounts of rice to temper the spice.

• wwliu's Profile Photo

Fuku Restaurant: Sunshine Salad

by wwliu Written Mar 3, 2006

I think it is a nice place where deserve to visit. It locate at bank of Hou lake. The environment is quiet and beautiful. The restaurant is not big. The decoration is mixed folk and traditional style. In addition, I heard of that many dishes was designed by their boss. In another words, the taste is only in Fuku Restaurant. Accturally, I think the cook is nice. Beside traditional Chinese food, there are also supply Western-style food what also cooked in secret recipe.

Favorite Dish: Sunshine salad is my favorite dish. Although salad is nomal, but the sunshine salad really taste good. In addition, curry beef and fish, even the toufu are cooked nice.

• Lemonita's Profile Photo

Fuku Restaurant: Great fresh salads !

by Lemonita Updated Jun 1, 2004

The restaurant is the one painted in blue.

After a few months living in China, you would like to eat something light and fresh such as salads you can find in western countries.

We were first attracted to this restaurant because my friends and I biked past it one afternoon. It was still in construction and later, we found out that it was a chinese restaurant. At that time, we thought that there were no chinese restaurants around the Houhai area that is why we decided to try it out. But after a few more bike rides and walks, we discovered quite a few !

The ambience and decoration in this restaurant quite clash with the surrounding : indeed, the neighborhood is old and authentic while this restaurant is modern yet simple. But this is not true anymore as a lot of trendy and classy restaurant/bar have opened up around the area.

Favorite Dish: I really like their salad here, especially the Garden House Salad. I know it sounds weird to eat western salads in a chinese restaurant.
    Their salad is huge, order one and share it with 3/4 people, as a starter. The salad is nice and it feels really good to eat fresh vegetables here !

Their egg fried rice is really good too.

Instant Answers: Beijing