Nuage, Beijing

3.5 out of 5 stars 2 Reviews

22 Qianhai Lake East Bank 6401-9581
  • "Nuage" means cloud in French...
    by Lemonita

• Nuage: An unsavory experience

by dpn000 Updated Jan 14, 2008

The restaurant from the outside is inconspicuous and humble, on the inside, you will be impressed by the chic decor which samples daily scenes from all over Vietnam. The lighting is low and romantic but that was not enough to compensate for the very cold temperatures inside the restaurant.

My girlfriend and I are very knowledgeable about Vietnamese cuisine (I am Vietnamese and my girlfriend is French) and we were quite surprised to find the menu had very little to offer the Vietnamese food enthusiast. If the menu were fusion, as the name of the restaurant suggests, then we missed that part entirely as well. We ended up getting Pho' and rice steamed in banana leaf. In the end, we were quite disappointed with our food and was even more disappointed with the large bills we had to turnover.

If you want authentic Vietnamese food for a decent price, I would recommend trying another restaurant. If you want a restaurant with a trendy feel in a trendy part of Beijing, this is the place for you.

• Lemonita's Profile Photo

Nuage: Nuage

by Lemonita Updated Sep 11, 2003

I celebrated my birthday here with my friends. It was the first time I went there and I had a really nice time.
    The atmosphere is quite cosy and the decoration is nice. It 2 floors and on the ground floor, there are vietnamese tuck-tucks transformed into seats. A fountain is situated below the stairs, around the bathroom and it's a great place for photos.

Waitresses are all dressed in traditionnal vietnamese dresses.

Favorite Dish: I liked the green papaya salad as a cold dish. Spring rolls and vegetarian spring rolls are good. The pumpkin is very good too.

Steam rice is free.