Acrobats Show, Beijing

by muratkorman
    by muratkorman
  • Acrobatics ticket price

by hollyw50 Written Apr 17, 2013

The Tiandi theatre acrobatics show is really worth seeing- a tip on the tickets, however. We got ours from our hostel and I had seen online that the prices dropped for parties of 5 or more. I mentioned that and we got them for RMB135 each instead of RMB180! It pays to bargain for EVERYTHING. We paid 135 and had fantastic seats.

• Joeplaboem's Profile Photo

Impressing acrobtics

by Joeplaboem Written Feb 18, 2013

1 hour show . Things you can't believe are possible.
    Tickets from 180 to 680 yuan
    Depending on how many people are present to see the show buy your tickets direct at the entrance.
    If there are not too many people you will be seated in more expensive seats than you payed for.

• Green_Frog's Profile Photo

The Legend of Kung Fu

by Green_Frog Written Jul 26, 2010

We enjoyed the Acrobat show so much that we asked Alvin to buy us some Kung Fu Show tickets also - this was even better than the Acrobat Show. 150rmbs p/ticket.

The Legend of Kung Fu follows the story of a young boy found wandering outside an ancient temple. Like every boy in China, he dreams of becoming a Kung Fu master. On the road to enlightenment the young monk encounters many difficulties and temptations.

It was fantastic and again I would highly recommend you see this amazing show.

• Green_Frog's Profile Photo

Acrobat Show

by Green_Frog Written Jul 26, 2010

This is an amazing show and a must see whilst in Beijing (or China), a show like this in our country would cost a fortune to see but it is very reasonably priced in China.

We were lucky to have Alvin - our guide - arrange this for us, he took us there and returned us home as part of our Day Tour with him.

Unsure the name of the venue but it's one of the larger ones in Beijing (the theatre is on the bottom level and upstairs is a huge cinema complex) - cost of tickets was 150rmbs per ticket whilst others attending had paid twice that price.

We were seated 6 rooms from the front and thoroughly enjoyed this show full of talented artists who performed stunts that were truly unbelievable. During a few of the stunts I had to keep my eyes shut because I dreaded an accident happening in front of my very eyes - no nets are used!!

Sorry no photos as these weren't allowed and as it was raining outside I didn't want to be taking pics in the pouring rain. Alcoholic and non-alco beverages, popcorn and ice-creams sold during the show.

• muratkorman's Profile Photo

Tianqiao Acrobatic Theatre

by muratkorman Written Apr 9, 2010

Acrobatic shows are very popular in China and they contribute a lot to the world's acrobacy scene. If you visit Beijing, you shouldn't miss one of these shows. There are 2 different acrobatic shows and we watched Tianqiao Acrobatic Theatre. It was very interesting and worth watching. There are 2 shows in the evening, but depending on the demand one of them can be cancelled. The show duration is about 1 hour. There are 6 different acts and both boys and girls are doing great tricks. The cheapest ticket is 180 Yuan, but the seat you get with that ticket is quite good as location. I suggest you don't miss this show.

• JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Buy the DVD!

by JohanIsWeg Updated Jul 9, 2009

Do not miss the China National Acrobatic Troupe performance nightly at the Tiandi Theatre, 100m north of Poly Plaza. And when intermission interrupts the jaw-dropping acts, buy the DVD from one of the highly decorated acrobats offering them for sale.
    The entire show is amazing and thoroughly entertaining. From breath-taking jumps on swaying boards, spinning up to five or six plates per hand, umbrella juggling to contortionists balancing trays of champagne glasses, the performances will leave you gasping in astonishment.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

Watch at the Beijing Acrobatics Theater!

by jumpingnorman Written May 15, 2009

Vacationing in Beijing, China

My travel guide in Beijing was to show me around China for a whole week and on one day after showing me around since 0700 AM, she decided to bring me at 7PMto the Beijing Acrobatics Theater – a building solely dedicated to art of acrobatics in which the Chinese have been so good at (remember Cirque de Soleil?).
    But I was already so tired and the show was composed of two segments lasting until about 9PM or later! It was amazing seeing the little girls so good at doing such impossible stances and also they have this segment where about 30 girls ride on one bike! Simply amazing…
    The theatre itself is small but full of people, so make sure you have reservations. They all come from different hotels and the parking lot was full so my driver had to park in a special place given by someone they know.
    But since I was tooooooo tired and the next day was another adventure day, I asked my guide to bring me back to my hotel during the intermission. She was shocked that I didn’t get my money’s worth and finish the show – but sometimes, you have to make decision as to when you are already tired. Rest is also needed…
    But if you do have a chance, do see this show! Nice to see where the source of all the great acrobats is

Beijing Acrobatics Night Show
    Pricing: US$30 p/p adult; US$15 p/p child
    Duration: Approx.3.5 hours
    Show starts at 7:30pm

• K.Knight's Profile Photo

Tianqiao Acrobatic Theater

by K.Knight Updated Sep 12, 2008

The performers.

Wan Sheng Theater (Tianqiao Acrobatic Theater) is an excellent theatre to see the famous acrobats of Beijing, although it was a little bit expensive than the acrobats in Shanghai.

The acrobats, like the gymnasts at the Olympics, appear to be no older than 14 or 15 but their feats of contortion and high wire exploits are very impressive indeed.

The entire show last for approx 90 minutes and cost 150 Yuan. (That is the cost if you don't buy the drinks, popcorn and cheap souvenirs that are on offer!)

• cinthya_in_victoria's Profile Photo

Acrobats

by cinthya_in_victoria Written Dec 7, 2007

Don't you miss the Acrobatic show! It is a must-see show while in Beijing. The theatre was very nice and I took some pictures and video which fortunately was allowed. Even I had the chance to be taken a picture with an acrobat. I was told people are trained since a very young age.

• rosie235's Profile Photo

very entertaining

by rosie235 Updated Jul 20, 2007

Students from the acrobatic schhol put on nightly performances at the Heaven and Earth theatre. The kids do put on a very entertaining show. It definitely had me enthralled the entire time. The little stuff ups along the way are easily forgotten as they continue to thrill you with their routines. the cost is between Yuan 280 to Yuan 480

• nattybabe's Profile Photo

Chinese Acrobats - how do they bend that way???

by nattybabe Written Jun 4, 2007

Bad picture, sorry!!

We went and saw the Chinese Acrobats whilst in Beijing. There are many shows to choose from but they are mainly acrobat schools showing off their number 1 class.

The show that we saw was comprised of kids between the ages of around 7 - 14 years old. and they were absolutely amazing. I didn't realise that these sorts of things were humanly possible. They did feats such as climbing ropes suspended from the roof and doing flips and tossing smaller children to someone waiting on another rope, bike tricks including piling 8 people onto one bike, fire twirling, strength demonstrations and numerous flips, twirls and jumps!

I'd highly recommend you see an acrobat show whilst in Beijing, it truely is something special.

It cost me Y80 for the ticket and around Y15 for the taxi from the Beijing Train Station to central city Beijing.

(Photos to be provided)

• dimanche's Profile Photo

Madly Acrobatic

by dimanche Written Feb 12, 2006

Acrobats troupes are a very huge part of China's culture as it provides a livelihood for many of its people. We went to watch this acrobat show which we thought was pretty good but the tour guide told us it was only of an average standard. The ordinary things we have seen on television shows like balancing the plates and some wushu moves were pretty normal but my favourite part of the show was this act where there were two long and thick ribbons hanging from the top of the stage probably to some ledge, and this girl just slid herself up and down the ribbons. Her movements were absolutely graceful and precise and she made it look so enjoyable and easy. I think it really took tremendous body strength and an amazing amount of practice. We don't see this often in our country so you might just want to go catch an acrobatic performance if you go to China! :)

• yellowbell's Profile Photo

Simple Acrobat Show

by yellowbell Updated Nov 10, 2005

Chinese acrobat with me and mom

The Chinese Acrobat Show at the Poly Theatre costs 200 yuan (Oct 2005). The show started at 7:00 p.m. and lasted for a little over an hour. If you've seen other acrobat shows, you would not be impressed with it. None of that heart-stopping trapeze acts, live and loud drum rolls and elaborate sets. I just liked the little girls in bright red costumes doing simple juggling acts.

I got my tickets through our tour guide on the day of the show so I think no prior reservation is required.

Maybe it's good that I purchased for 80 yuan the 2 DVDs of the acrobat show. They were selling these DVDs during the entertainment gap.

• Mairo21's Profile Photo

Wonderful Acrobatics.

by Mairo21 Updated Oct 25, 2005

I have always been a fan of Chinese acrobatics. It is amazing to me how these people can twist and contort their bodies while balancing objects or on objects with extraordinary accuracy. Each performance, is astonishing as performers demonstrate their grace, beauty, and physical strength. Chinese acrobatics originated from daily chores or work that were performed on a daily basis by farmers. This theature that I visited is located somewhere in Beijing, although, I do not know exactly where. The performers range in age between 7-22. The best performers that show some type of potential, will be sent to school to pursue a proffesional career in acrobatics. If you have not seen a performance, it is highly recommended.

• vic&michael's Profile Photo

Chinese Acrobats

by vic&michael Written Aug 21, 2005

Amazing Co-ordination and balance!

Chinese Acrobatics was amazing! We arranged it with our hostel, and they dropped us off and picked us up.

Wow, I saw women spinning many plates on many poles, Lion Dancing, 10 girls on one bicycle, a man catching and balancing a big clay pot on his head, some very strange contortionism, some 'shaolin monk' fighting moves, and much much more that made me go...wow...that must have been hard/painful to practice!

Instant Answers: Beijing