This is one of the popular places where the Chinese are curious to visit. It was the place where Empress Dowager Cixi stayed when she visited Summer Palace. This hall is gated together with decorative bronze deer, cranes and vases in front of the hall to represent universal peace. Trees and flowers such as magnolia, flowing crab apple and peony planted around the hall means to bring wealth and prestige to the home. Blue Iris Stone is decorated in front of the hall.
The signboard was written as:
"Built in 1750 during Emperor Qianlong's reign, this hall originally had two floors. Burned down by the Anglo-French Allied Force in Emperor Xianfeng's reign (1860), it was reconstructed in 1886 to serve as the living quarters for Emperor Dowager Cixi during her stay in the Summer Palace. "
In Chinese: 乐寿堂 ( Le Shou Tang)
The hall originally had two floors when it was first built in 1750. It was rebuilt in 1886 to serve as the living quarters for Empress Dowager Cixi during her stay at the Summer Palace.
Behind the main palace compound are the more intimate halls of residence, Yulantang and Leshoutang, centred on pretty courtyards. Leshoutang (the Hall of Happy Longevity) was Cixi's own residence.