Restaurants/Nightclubs, Beijing

by Pelle50
  • Restaurants/Nightclubs
    by tegusalam
  • angelochka's Profile Photo

be aware all coffee addicts:))

by angelochka Updated Jun 21, 2007

where is coffee??

i like coffee very much and i have this bad habit to have in every morning, of course i knew coffee is not a traditional drink in China, but i never realised that it could be such a big problem to find coffee in the city. i found Starbucks only at second day of my trip and all before this happy moment was torture, i could hardly focus my attention on sightseeing..ok, maybe bit exaggerating here:) the next day i had to drink instant coffee, which was ok by me, still better than neverending green tea and it was in good company anyway..:) so later that day i bought more of instant coffee at local supermarket and since then every morning i was boiling water in my hotel room.. never thought i would have to go through this!;)
    after i realised that i had to face this problem cause was staying at the traditional hotel in hutong area, sure if i stayed at any western hotel i wouldnt have any problem at all.

just to let you know...Starbucks is located near Qian Hai lake!

• sunshine9689's Profile Photo

Teahouse at Summer Palace, Suzhou Street.

by sunshine9689 Updated Nov 20, 2006

Scam teahouse and its 2 employees

When you exit/enter Summer Palace from another (not main) gate, you can see small teahouses, stores along the embankment of a small river (on 2 sides).
    I want to talk about particular one - at the end of the embankment.

We were passing by and a lady stopped us inviting for a tea. I had a bad feeling since no one was sitting there but recklessly agreed.
    A guy brought a big tea jar, let us smell the tea (it had wonderful smell of jasmine). Yes, - we said. He brought a brewing tea 5 minutes later and it was not quite the same smell as I thought the tea from a jar had. But anyway...

After we were done he charged us 60RMB ($7.5) for a pot of mediocre tea which was way too much. We bargained of course, but still..

Do NOT go there!

• SwedishViking's Profile Photo

Be sure to know what it is you eat...

by SwedishViking Written Jan 27, 2005

If you can boil, fry or peel it, you can eat it!

There are many kinds of food in Beijing that I guess you never had heard about, less had tried to eat...
    Beware; if you are sensitive you must know what kind of food it is...

One of the high lights of travelling is to taste and try different kind of food but in Beijing you have to be careful. What do you like scorpions on a stick? Insects or snake to your beer perhaps?
    Check the menu once or twice before you order, OK?

I liked the fried sea cucumber (it’s an animal, not a vegetable).

Bon Appetit!

• BARS

by tegusalam Written Jan 16, 2007

DONT GO TO BARS AROUND SANLITUN BAR STREET,,HOU HAI AREA, CAN BE VERY DANGEROUS THEY WILL GIVE U A TABLE THAN WILL CHARGE U BIG AMOUNTS OF MONEY,,ALSO I HAVE SEEN MANY CHINESE BEATING FOREIGN GUYS,,,NEVER EVER GO THERE,, WORKERS STADIUM IS SAFER,,

• plebian's Profile Photo

night violence against foreigners

by plebian Written Jun 26, 2005

Ive lived in Beijing for the past 5 years, on and off.

I will be adding things to this site as they happen but i really joined the forum to let people know about something which is happening in China right now!!!

3 weeks ago 5 security guards of a club which i ofen go to with my friends punched and beat me till i was unconcious.

I am a 23 year old girl! The attack was completely unwarrented i was not drunk nor physicaly abusive. I was only with my younger brother.

I spent days with the poice. they refuse to take any action.

My embassy can do no more that advise me to get a lawyer.

Since i have publicized the incident 5 other people have come to me with similar stories.

The SAME guys have hospitalized several people and attacked an uncountable number of foreigners living in this city.

Be warned.

foreigners here have NOTHING. no one will or can help you if you get in trouble here.

Corruption rules. the police live in the pockets of the "influential"

The stories of violence here are shocking, rapes deaths and beatings, but noone can help the victims. mostly it goes un reported.

the local media refuse to print negative stories about their country.

the clubs name is Vic's.

we aware. dont start fights. you will not win!

I love Beijing but i have learned to go with the flow. there is noone to support you if you are in trouble, so be smart when venturing here.

• BARS IN WUDAOKOU AREA,,BLCU..

by mattbody69 Written Jul 25, 2008

DONT GO TO BARS LIKE" PROPAGANDA BAR" ETC IN WUDAOKOU AREA CLOSE TO BLCU,,AS WELL IN SANLITUN,MY U.S FRIEND WENT TO TOILET IN PROPAGANDA BAR -WUDAOKOU ,CHINESE PEOPLE ASKED HIM WHERE HE IS FROM THAN BROKE HIS NOSE ETC,,ALMOST EVERY DAY IT HAPPENS HERE,NEVER ACCEPT INVITATION FROM CHINESE PERSON INVITING U TO A BAR OR COFFE PLACE,THEY HAVE AGREEMENT WITH OWNERS AND WILL CHARGE U THOUSAND DOLLAR OR MORE FOR A CUP OF COFFEE,OR BEAT U AND SEND U TO HOSPITAL,,DONT BUY THINGS FROM ONE PLACE CHECK OTHER SHOPS AND COMPARE,,THEY CAN LIE EASILY.ITS NORMAL FOR THEM,,!!!STAY IN SAFE PLACES FOR COFFEE ETC LIKE STARBUCKS,MC DONALD ETC,AND WATCH YOUR WALLET ALWAYS,,

• colombian18's Profile Photo

escorts in nightclubs,following waiters.

by colombian18 Written Nov 14, 2004

went to this sleazy nighclub/karaoke..was used mainly by chinese businessmen....karaoke was good in a lil room,but drinks were expensive...every time me and my cousin were walking around this lil prick waiter/securtiy boy was following us..saying you cant go there-no,we went passed a room where these sleazy business men had a young girl escort...umm luckily they all still had there clothes on at that point.Anyway...we cud not leave until we payed that lil *** money..for showing us round-i felt like punching him.and the escorts were just wrong.....i saw a really young one 2.....who this old guy was feeling up...a really seedy look at married chinese business men...and wat they get up to...put a downer on my night out.

• Gnome's Profile Photo

MEALS WITH TOUR GUIDES. If...

by Gnome Updated Aug 24, 2002

MEALS WITH TOUR GUIDES. If you do go on tours out of Beijing to see the Great Wall etc, your tour guide may make you to a restaurant for lunch, often at your expense. I was taken to this terrible restaurant where the food was really bad, and really expensive. So maybe take a packed lunch or insist on inspecting the restaurant before you eat.

• Pelle50's Profile Photo

Invitation to a cup og coffee

by Pelle50 Written Jul 3, 2008

On Wangfujing Street a young girl came up to me and asked if I would join her for a cup of coffee. Actually she was hungry, so she suggested a place were they had some good food. Shortly after her friend turned up. They ordered a lot of food, expensive wine and so on. Guess who ended up with the 800 USD bill for the "friendly" girls...

• Business Travel
    • Singles

• Pelle50's Profile Photo

Expensive invitation

by Pelle50 Updated Jul 21, 2008
    Tracy and Sherily in Beijing

It happened to me as well as it has happened to others in the area of Wangfujing and Tienanmen:
    A yong girl asked me if I wanted to join her for a cup of coffee. The she followed me to the restaurant where she had an agreement with the owner. Her friend turned up as well, and they ordered the most expensive food. If you meet the girls Sherily and/or Tracy, hold on to your valet and run.

• Christianzagar's Profile Photo

Don't Drink the Coffee

by Christianzagar Written Oct 8, 2003

sorry but some of my pics seem to turn pink!!!!!!! don't know why... In the not so Forbidden City------------Don't treat yourself to a Starbucks coffee

• GIRLS IN GROUP TO CHEAT YOU

by tegusalam Written Dec 13, 2008

SOME GIRLS GO BARS EVERY WEEKENDS TO FING FOREIGNERS TO CHEAT,,SOO BE CAREFULL I M PUTTING ONE OF THOSE GROUP GIRLS ,,WARNING,,

• Study Abroad