Fuzhou Restaurants

Can we eat?
    by kimberbakos

Most Recent Restaurants in Fuzhou

• kimberbakos's Profile Photo

Dicos: Yummy fried chicken!

by kimberbakos Written Sep 19, 2004

Dicos was like the Chinese version of KFC. It is where my newly adopted son had his first taste of french fried and ketchup - a huge hit, and Coke - he thought the bubbles were there to kill him!! The one we went to had a play area for the kids which was great after a long day.

Favorite Dish: The chicken sandwich was very good, as was all the food that we ordered. We came back a second time in our seven day stay in Fuzhou since the food was familiar to the kids American tastebuds, and it was very affordable.

• Business Travel
    • Study Abroad

• vincentf's Profile Photo

Try the famous 'Buddhist Jumping Over the Wall'

by vincentf Updated May 15, 2003
    Buddhist Jumping Over the Wall

This is a local delicacy known in Fujian province. However, I had my first hand taste in Fuzhou. It is NOT the same as prepared in Hong Kong. This soup is not made of expensive food items such as scallops, shark fins and abalone.

Dumpling delite

by kimberbakos Written Apr 5, 2003

We ate a very nice, elegant local restuarant that is famous for it's dumplings. Of course, we didn't know that and didn't order any! The waitresses were in beautiful cheongsans, the waiters in tuxes. Be sure to bring a camera to take photos of the guy pouring tea. We missed it :(

Favorite Dish: We had a huge array of different dishes, but the most notable was a chicken appetizer. We were surprised to find it served cold, and not too happy with the chicken head on the plate, but the chicken was great, especially dipped in the basalmic vinegar. We didn't try any seafood, though, since the place was full of fish tanks. I don't like seeing my dinner swim past my view!

• Business Travel

• kimberbakos's Profile Photo

McDonald's: Mickey D's can't be missed!

by kimberbakos Written Oct 24, 2002

Can we eat?

Doesn't need description!
    The best thing was the unique China themed toys that were sale for the kids. Where else can you get Hello Kitty dress in a cheongsan?

Favorite Dish: Ice cream, a rare find in China, really hit the spot after a hot day of touring the city. There are locations all over but if you are there for adoption travel, there is a McDonald's right around the corner from the passport office.

Lakeside Dining Room: Best buffet in town

by kimberbakos Written Aug 31, 2002

The hotel restaurant has some of the best food in town. The breakfast buffet was great, except for no syrup for the pancakes. Eggs made to order, lots of American and Asian choices. The dinner buffet also was terrific. The cauliflower is the best I ever had. The orange juice was the best, very sweet and perfect with everything. Courteous staff with a good command of English.

Favorite Dish: The cauliflower is the best I ever had. The orange juice was the best, very sweet and perfect with everything. I have missed the steamed buns that I got used to having for breakfast.

Shanghai Restaurant, Fuzhou: Shanghai Restaurant, Fuzhou

by kimberbakos Written Aug 30, 2002

The price was great. Three adults and three kids ate for about 200 yuan. We got dessert, beer, as well as the entrees above.

Favorite Dish: We had the best dinner here. We ordered a beef dish, like our steak, a chicken dish, a seafood dish, as well as rice and veggies. Nothing was in English, so we just pointed to what we wanted in a guidebook. It was BY FAR the best dinner we ate out the whole time we were in China. Everything was yummy!!!!

Instant Answers: Fuzhou

Comments

Fuzhou Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Fuzhou restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Fuzhou sightseeing.