Lanzhou Shopping

by l_joo

Most Recent Shopping in Lanzhou

• Outdoor Gear: Outdoor Gear

by mke1963 Written Jun 17, 2006

Just along from the Zhongshan Bridge, on the south side of Binhe Lu is a good outdoor gear shop. Just two years ago, it was impossible to find outdoor gear anywhere outside Beijing or Shanghai, but now even cities a lot smaller than Lanzhou seem to have a good selection of camping and walking gear. However, experience wth a few things suggests that Chinese outdoor gear brands have a long way to go before they can compete on the world stage (boots are suppose to last more than 8km, for example, before falling apart).
    Binhe Lu

• rajeshktlanzhou2's Profile Photo

Home word supermarket: Required no language for shopping

by rajeshktlanzhou2 Written Feb 11, 2004
    My daughter poppy with her anti Zhou Fei

Home word supermarket is like million dollor gift to me in Lanzhou b,cos here I need not to talk to any one for shopping. It is worth to name that outside university I hardly get any one who can speak in english. Here you need to pickup things and make the payment at automated computerised counters. So never encountered with language problem and solve you purpose.

What to buy: Almost every thing including food, clothes, wine, beer, electronocs. Any thing I need I get here

What to pay: Whatever needed

• gmanxue's Profile Photo

Shopping List

by gmanxue Written Oct 11, 2003
    flying horse made by copper

What to buy: Here is a list I think worthy to buy.
    Antique---
    Goblet made by black jade, flying horse made by copper, some ancient Chinese staff.
    Herbs and Produce---
    Bai He, medlar, Suo Yang, apricot...
    Silk---
    Gansu is famous of Silkroad, so don't forget buy a piece of silk from Gansu.

What to pay: All I list are not expensive. If currency changes from $ to ??, only $10-20, you can buy the best piece I list. Of course $10-20/each.

Instant Answers: Lanzhou

Comments

Lanzhou Shopping

Reviews and photos of Lanzhou shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lanzhou sightseeing.