Dongguan Things to Do

by pmcdermo30

Best Rated Things to Do in Dongguan

Foot Reflexology

by Applefool Written Sep 3, 2006

One of the most common activity in Dongguan is Foot Reflexology or what they called "Mu Zu" -- literally wash feet.

Operating hours is almost 20 hours and over everyday from what I know is, 8am till 4am daily. It is not difficult to find one in Dongguan.

The fees is around RMB35 for 70 minutes (less than USD5) with very relaxing foot massage that one is worth to try in Dongguan.

Some of my preferred parlours are along the Yin Feng Lu in Nancheng District, very near to The Silverland Hotel. You would not miss them as they have big signboards.

Qi Feng Shan

by Applefool Written Sep 3, 2006

You can experience some mountain climbing over here (however, it is relatively a small mountain) which will take up and down about 45 mins leisurely in total.

And for one like me that has never played with fire crackers before, this is the place when you could visit as there will be an area for one to light the fire crackers.

There is also parks for family and friends to walk around and you could also feed the fishes (there are alot and they are really beautiful) in the pond.

A very relax way to spend about 2 hours in this city on a late afternoon.

Shopping in Houjie

by Applefool Updated Sep 4, 2006

Opposite the Sheraton Hotel in Houjie has stretches of streets with alot of shops and boutiques (not those high class but mid range ones) and of course alot of restaurants that sell really delicious food.

So one can start with dinner at 7pm and proceed to shopping with sports shop like NIKE and ADDIDAS, then you can settle at a foot reflexology centre. Sounds good isn't it? ^.^

• pmcdermo30's Profile Photo

Chinese massage

by pmcdermo30 Written Apr 8, 2005

The Garden Hotel

My girlfriend and I decided to get a Chinese massage at the Garden Hotel. It is the most luxurious hotel in our town and we felt that we deserved to spoil ourselves. We each paid 140 yuan for an hour and a half massage. They let us have a hot shower with the best water pressure I have felt in months. After we put on special robes and laid down in a private room with 2 massage tables. The masseuses worked every muscle in our entire body using some unusual methods. Some times it hurt and sometimes it felt wonderful. They did come a little close to my bag once or twice though. The massage definately helped my sore back and made me sleep better for a few days. All in all I recomend getting a massage at the garden hotel.

• Business Travel
    • Spa and Resort

• chodearm's Profile Photo

Crap River

by chodearm Updated Feb 26, 2007
    the grossest river.....ever

I thought rivers surrounding NYC had their problems. Nitrogen levels are always surpassing where they should be making it nearly inhabitable under the surface for the fishies. Though the pollution does exist in NY there is hardly a time the pollution is as visible as I saw in Donguan. The moseying of silver tinted water passes through islands of trash. Any spill point or sewer looks to have a horrible diarreah problem. Theres garbage everywhere. I also saw a woman reach out here riverside window (a luxury in most places) and add to the problem, releasing more beauty into the already digusting excuse for a waterway.

• Business Travel

Eat!!!

by Applefool Updated Sep 4, 2006

Haha, okay.. some people might say the food in China is pretty oily (I felt that initially) but some restaurants serve really delicious Chinese cuisine and you can easily spot different types of chinese cusine of different provinces in Dongguan. For example, you can restaurant selling Peking Duck and restaurant selling Jiangsu dishes all in the same street!

If you like spicy food, try the Hunan or Sichuan dishes which you can pretty easily find here.

Of course not to forget the Yue Cai -- Guangdong chinese cuisine which is the province you are in.

Additional info: usually, you can order their Qing Dao Beer or Heiniken in the restaurant. Red wine wise, they mostly serve their local product -- Great Wall.

Instant Answers: Dongguan

Comments

Dongguan Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Dongguan things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dongguan sightseeing.