Zhuhai Local Customs

• RoyJava's Profile Photo

MONEY OF CHINA

by RoyJava Updated Oct 11, 2007

two-yuan-zhuhai

Money out of the Far East is as dazzling as the signs, pics and symbols (all beautiful in Zhuhai) on it. But I just do not understand one thing of it! And was happy to leave my brother with the "money" problems ...

What I did understand was that in Zhuhai you cannot pay with Hongkong or Macau Dollars. Actually I heard stories of people managing to pay in Macau Dollars, though lost a lot of money for wrong understanding ... ofcourse!

The principal Zhuhai money is the CNY (Chinese Yuan) which is the same as Rembini, or RMB, so is referred to RMB. But in the language of the people it is the Y U A N. The Y U A N - notes/bills are 1 - 2 - 5 - 10 - 20 - 50 - 100. My pic is one of the two-yuan ... I loved the money from Zhuhai!

100 YUAN = 9.34 EURO (last rate)

• Business Travel
    • Luxury Travel

• RoyJava's Profile Photo

Colourful People

by RoyJava Updated Oct 9, 2007

with colourful-lady-zhuhai

It is written that in Zhuhai in the Neolithic Age (some 4.000 - 5.000 years ago) people already lived in this area. According to legendary myths they fell apart into the "mountain people" and the "ocean-people". Maybe the famous Zhuhai Fisher Girl has some to do with it (I will check on my next trip to Zhuhai).

The "mountain-people" got famous for their weaving clothes with the most beautiful colours. I met this lady in a shop with some wonderful ethnic tourist presents. I could not understand her, though I understood she was living in the mountains ... according to her beautiful clothes I made my wish to visit once in my life the "mountain people" ... (I still couldnot figure it out and do not know if she is one ... )

• Hiking and Walking
    • Adventure Travel

Instant Answers: Zhuhai

Comments

Zhuhai Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Zhuhai local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Zhuhai sightseeing.