Zhuhai Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Zhuhai

• Azur Restaurant: great dining

by Regina1968 Written Aug 17, 2011

tree on the terrace

I've been in Zhuhai for 3 weeks with my husband and we stayed in Zobon Hotel which was great. Peter was quite busy with factories, so I had a lot of time for shopping. We visited many diferent places and Chinese food was great for first couple of days, however, after few days, you really miss something European.
    We visited 2 Italian Restaurants which were ok, and then we came to Azur.
    The weather was great so we sat outside on the terrace, with this giant tree with millions of lights on it, and it felt very romantic and for a second I've forgot I was in China. Food was absolutely great, the only thing I did not like was that the menu was just printed on the piece of paper, however, they explained that ingredients are hard to get in China, so they often change their menu to keep it fresh and updated (most places in China have 30 pages menu, and half things are not available)
    The company offered Peter a job in Zhuhai, so will probably move there after new year, and Azur will be my hanging spot.

Favorite Dish: Salmon was probably the best I ever had in my life.

• Business Travel

• MINOSUKE's Profile Photo

Gang De Xing si ji hai xian da guo jiu jia: A Fire Pot?

by MINOSUKE Updated Apr 4, 2011

pot divided into two parts

This meal is called huo guo in Chinese. Huo guo means "fire pot". Yes, it is a meal cooked in a hot pot at the table. First you should choose two kinds of soup, as the pot is divided into two parts by the divider. Choose two kinds of soup out of 32. For example, lightly seasoned soup, hot chill soup, curry based soup, medicinal soup with traditional Chinese medicines. After choosing the soup, you should choose what you want to cook in the pot. You can choose from seafood, vegetables, meat, etc.

*I am sorry something was wrong with my camera, so the pictures are greenish.

Favorite Dish: Live prawn is very fresh. It is served on a stick so that you can hold the end of the stick and put it into the hot. Live prawn matches any kind of the soup you have chosen.
    Very thinly sliced lamb is delicious, too.
    Jiaozi ( dumpling with minced pork and vegetable stuffing) is good.

Street Food: Dont Miss The Yummy Squid

by allelli Written Jun 28, 2009

When we arrived Zhuhai along the road we see this food stall, my husband who is squid lover try there grilled squid for RMB2 per stick, he love the taste of freshly grilled squid, in 4 days stay in Zhuhai every day we visit this food stall, even my kids enjoy feasting on grilled squid. Try this you wont regret.

Like Cafe Restaurant: The most expensive Cafe in China

by allelli Written Jun 28, 2009

Unfortunately we have no picture inside the cafe because no camera allowed, As you can see outside the restaurant is elegant, the cafe found in 2nd floor, the restaurant is huge enough for a cafe restaurant, we ask reception desk of Popoko Hotel were we can have a good coffee and they recommend this restaurant according to the hotel receptionist this is the best coffee place town.
    When the waiter gave us the menu we shock to find out the coffee price is much expensive compare to the famous starbacks coffee, about doble the price. We order some sandwiches and coffee, the taste of the coffee is like the cheap brand of instant coffee. I definitely NOT recommend this restaurant.

• MINOSUKE's Profile Photo

Jun Xiang Yuan: Sitting Around A Hot Pot Full Of Mashroom!

by MINOSUKE Written Jun 18, 2009

Putting Mashroom Into The Hot Pot

This restaurant's specialty is 'various kinds of mashroom'.
    We Japanese eat many kinds of mashroom but they have a lot of mashroom that are not known to us.
    We often sit around a hot pot at the table. The contents of the pot are usually fish and vegetables, or pork and vegetables, or beef and vegetables (this is called shabu-shabu in Japanese). But the contents of Jun Xiang Yuan's hot pot are mashroom and vegetables. A waitress stands by the table and puts various mashroom one after another. I had never eaten so much mashroom before. I had never had an experience that I got full only with mashroom.
    The soup in the pot has been made from 'black chicken', which makes the soup very thick and delicious.
    And what is the goodness of eating mashroom is that, however full you may be, you will not gain weight next morning.

Favorite Dish: The mashroom in the hot pot is of course delicios but I recommend you to order fried rice with pieces of mashroom also.

• Women's Travel

Dong Fang Jiau Zi Wang: Many Kinds Of Jiau Zi, Delicious and Cheap

by MINOSUKE Written Jun 18, 2009

Fried Jiau Zi Stuffed with Minced Lamb

The name of this restaurant 'Dong Fang Jiau Zi Wang' is translated as 'King of Eastern Jiau Zi'.
    As its name shows, they have many kinds of tasty Jiau Zi. You will find the diversity of the fillings of Jiau Zi, pork, mutton, fish, seaweed, etc. They have fried Jiau Zi, steamed Jiau Zi and boiled Jiau Zi. And they have many other Chinese dished other than Jiau Zi.
    And what I should write is cheapness. For example, we ate 4 kinds of Jiau Zi, fried Tofu, fried vegetable, roasted pork fillet and drank beer. All these cost only 4 US dollars each!

Favorite Dish: Of course every Jiau Zi we orderded was delicious. You can choose what filling you like and the way of cooking it, fried, steamed, boiled.

• Women's Travel

• THLIN's Profile Photo

Jin Yue Xuan: Delicious Cantonese Restaurant

by THLIN Written Dec 6, 2008

This is the best ever restaurant I have eaten in China; or, say, since I started to work here. I enjoy ever single dish in this place; their service is outstanding also, that is one of the most important elements for a local restaurant; ambience is just like all the other Chinese restaurants, very boisterous to the foreigners but GREAT for the Chinese like us.

Favorite Dish: The crispy three-layer pork. This is a MUST try if you come all the way here. The skin is just perfectly oily, crispy, and nice. The pig blood reminds me of the food stand at the corner near my home back in Taipei; the Western style lamb chop is another good and new dish to this restaurant; the pork soup is sweet and conbines a lot of different aroma of pork, and yes, this is another reminder that make me think of Mr. Ho's peanut soup in Singapore.
    Give this place a try if you come to Zhuhai.

• ec7843's Profile Photo

Seafood

by ec7843 Written Jul 27, 2008

This night marke sell variety of fresh live feafood. All you have to do is just take your pick and any restaurant behind those stall are happy to cook for you at a fees of course. its is slightly more expensive than average

TIPS: Find a restaurant owner where you wnt o cook your dish, and have them to shop and bargain for seafood for you.

Favorite Dish: Oyster Ginger Soup

• RoyJava's Profile Photo

Street-food

by RoyJava Written Apr 14, 2008

food-stall-zhuhai

Going for a walk you may visit one of the many food-stalls one of the side-streets. Actually I do not trust the street-food, though with my brother and his friends who know what to eat, it is a great experience.

One particular satay food-stall was the best !
    And so cheap. 2 $ for so many meat ...

Favorite Dish: You can get here a delicious satay, absolutely wonderful roasted.

The bread with some meat and vegetables was super, too! Wow, a spicey one ...

There is also squid and grilled chicken ...

• Adventure Travel

• jackiesg's Profile Photo

Zhuhai Wanchai seafood street: Seafood feast

by jackiesg Written Apr 8, 2008

Small abalones

I'm not recommending any particular seafood restaurant but rather describing a seafood street filled with numerous restaurants in Zhuhai.

At the Zhuhai Wanchai Seafood street are two rows of seafood restaurants. Right in front of these restaurants are numerous hawker stalls. They sell fresh seafood where you choose and buy to the restaurant of your choice, to be cooked in whatever ways you like them to be. They have all sorts of seafood, clams, fishes, prawns, crabs, abalones and more.

It's a nice experience and the fresh seafood are not too expensive, although not very cheap either, depending what you buy. We got our small abalones for $8rmb each but pay $250rmb for 3 crabs.

We do not know which restaurant was good and so just tried our luck. We just walked in into a seafood restaurant and luckily the food turned out delicious. In a group of 10 persons, we had a abalone each, a fish, 3 crabs, a plate of clams, scallops and 2 veg dishes. Total cost (includes ingredients and cost of cooking) is around $600 rmb.

Favorite Dish: Jin Sa crab - crabs cooked with salted egg yolk taste good. But depends on the cook's skill too.
    Fresh fish - people here like to have it steamed to taste the original freshness.

• MINOSUKE's Profile Photo

Jin Yue Xuan Cantonese Cuisine: Don't Miss The Fresh Seafood!

by MINOSUKE Updated Oct 17, 2007

fish living in a tank

At Jin Yue Xuan you can taste a very special Cantonese Cuisine.
    The Seafood they serve here is really fresh, because at first you choose what you want to order from the fish tanks, in which fish, shrimps, shellfish are living as if they have just been caught at sea.
    In addition to seafood, they serve chicken soup ( very special soup from black chicken which is said to be very good for our health ), fried chicken with hot peppers. These are very delicious , too.

The price for each person may be more expensive than other restaurants. But thinking about the freshness and the quantity they serve, I think it is reasonable.
    And the price depends on what you order. Living seafood cannot help cost much. Chicken, for example, is not expensive.

For lunch they serve different type of Chinese dish, dim sum. Dim sum is light Chinese meal eaten over Chinese tea. The dim sum at this restaurant is very popular, too.

Favorite Dish: Steamed Squilla ( shrimplike seafood ) with the topping of pieces of fried garlic. The squilla is unbelievably big! In Japan we eat squillas on top of sushi rice. But the squillas served at Jin Yue Yuan are several times bigger than we see in Japan. And they are very pleasantly chewy and delicious.
    The squilla will be sold out soon. So you had better go there earlier at about 6:30.

• asfl22's Profile Photo

Dynamics Pizza: Pizza Heaven

by asfl22 Written Jun 25, 2007

This is a nice small establishment run by a good man and a sterling sea crew. If you need local information, beers in a pint glass (!), good doughy pizza and a good night or afternoon out then I couldn't reccomend thisplace enough. Not so pricey and the sizes are huge.

Favorite Dish: BBQ Chicken in the largest size. Take the Chilli sauce challenge if you dare too...

• KChiong's Profile Photo

Seafood Street: A variety of seafood

by KChiong Written May 24, 2007

If you are coming to Zhuhai from Macau, You may want to visit their seafood street where there are a lot of stalls selling a wide variety of seafood. All you need to do is to buy at the stalls and proceed to any of the restaurants and ask them to cook for you for a fee. Please remember to bargain. My friend and i ordered 2 small abalones, prawns, 2 types of shellfish and 2 small urchins which cost RMB 170. The restaurant charged us RMB 82 inclusive of 2 bottles of local beer.

No Name Restaurant: Try the Delicious Pork with Rice

by allelli Written Jun 28, 2009

You can see many restaurant like this near the Gongbei border, a set meal is only RMB8 , my kids love pork but for me the best is peking duck with rice.

• allelli's Profile Photo

Gongbei underground shopping center: A cheap egg tart

by allelli Written Jun 28, 2009

You can buy here as low as 3 RMB per egg tart. the egg tart taste is as good as what you buy in Macau

Instant Answers: Zhuhai

Comments

Zhuhai Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Zhuhai restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Zhuhai sightseeing.