Guilin Restaurants

• herzog63's Profile Photo

Many....: Cheap Noodles

by herzog63 Written Oct 6, 2003

Guilin cave

From reading through my journal I can tell you that I ate pretty cheap!! One of my lunches consisted of Noodles and Vegetables without meat and it cost a whopping price of 4 Mao and 1 Mao equalled US$.0019 cents at the exchange rate that I had so that meal cost less than US$.08 cents!! I'm sure it was in a small local place I didn't write down the name of the restaurant. But I can vaguely picture in my mind these places that I ate. I had another meal that included Noodles, Veggies and Meat for 2 Yuan (US$.36 cents) The meat must have added to the cost. My quote from my journal about that place..."It's more expensive than ordinary noodles but very delicous" ahhaha I can remember eating that meal with soaking wet feet and sharing a table with a local guy that kept spitting on the floor which sadly is/was a local custom.

Favorite Dish: I laughing right now as I click the Under $10 button!!! I could have had 125 meals of regular noodles with veggies for under $10!!

The photo is a poorly focused relection photo from one of the caves.

• Trains

• herzog63's Profile Photo

many: It makes you wonder

by herzog63 Updated Oct 5, 2003

local fisherman

This guy was catching Cray fish and small fish in this sewer water! I wonder if he was selling it to the local restaurants!! Extra flavor it really makes you wonder sometimes. It might be better to not think about it and just enjoy the flavor. haha

• tini58de's Profile Photo

the food stalls at the central square: Heinz-Memorial-Dinner

by tini58de Written Dec 26, 2002

picture taken by habert62

Right around the central square there are lots of food stalls with local food. We picked out one of them to celebrate a dinner, that my husband had wanted us to buy in his name.

This Heinz-Memorial-Dinner was one of our most wonderful dinners we had during the whole trip!

Favorite Dish: The food stall we picked out had lots of delitious things, that you could pick and they fried it for you.

We had mushrooms, beef, octopus, fish, cabbage, cauliflower, meatballs, broccoli and chicken - and we did order more than once, because it was soooooo delicious

• l_joo's Profile Photo

A restaurant in Guilin with...

by l_joo Written Aug 29, 2002

A restaurant in Guilin with 'la-Mien' pulling noodles. The guy doing the pulling noodles is the boss himself, I told him that I will put up this photo to advertise for him, so here it goes. This is also the street eating wild animals of dogs especially but I never tried. We try the Tang-Yuan hot sweet soup because of low temperature at about 4 celcius in December at night. Morning we ate the breakfast of fried oil-stick, porridge and soya bean soup.

• kunchik's Profile Photo

Gourmets Coffee Cafe: Good Coffee!

by kunchik Written Jan 8, 2006

Milton and his wife

The coffee is good and the owner is super nice. He's spent 12 years in New York and will help you with lots of good advice about Guilin. There's a large screen playing blues and other music DVDs.

• geekgrrl's Profile Photo

Patio Café: Patio Café

by geekgrrl Written Jul 3, 2004

Bravo Hotel

We were not in Guilin long enough to dine out much. Our hotel stay included breakfast every day in the Patio Cafe. We also had a quick dinner there one night. It was a clean, easy eat!

• Sharrie's Profile Photo

Chinese "teriyaki & teppanyaki & shabushabu" combo

by Sharrie Updated Jun 29, 2004

Favorite Dish: Chinese-style Teriyaki.
    One can choose to have them cook in hot soup or barbecued. Taste great either way.

• Sharrie's Profile Photo

They are everywhere... this one I've forgotten!: Dare I say... dog meat?!!!

by Sharrie Updated Jun 29, 2004

Favorite Dish: Dog meat (RMB 2 per rice bowl, ie. US$0.25).
    In Guilin, one can find this dish almost everywhere in the city.
    Dogs are not worth much here.

• vincentf's Profile Photo

McDonald's

by vincentf Written Apr 22, 2004
    Guilin McDonald's

If you've craved for some Western food in China. Look no further and there's always a local McDonald's to satisfy your stomach. This one was a block away from the Hotel Universal Guilin.

Instant Answers: Guilin

Comments

Guilin Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Guilin restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Guilin sightseeing.