Guilin Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Guilin

• LakeShoreDrive's Profile Photo

Rosemarys Cafe: Best Western food in Guilin

by LakeShoreDrive Updated Nov 17, 2004

When in Guilin, you must pay Rosy a visit. It is definetly the best western Restaurant in town, if not in entire China. Her cuisine is majorly influenced by all the Westeners that livein Guilin, all giving her advise and even sponsoring ingridients and recipes... so this does really taste like home!

There you can have:
    - all kinds of pasta
    - pizzas
    -salads (with real dressing!)
    - mueslis
    -yoghurts
    -burritoes
    -steaks and schnitzels
    -beers, cocktails, shots
    -real icecream
    -real coffee, cappuccino, and espresso
    -etc

it is a small restaurant with a casual atmosphere(great selection of music), very clean and very cheap (where else can you get steaks with frenchf ries and a salat for under 2 bucks?)

it is definetly way better than all that stuff in yangshou.

the staff speaks excellent english. they also have an english book exchange where you can read english magazines, books, etc during your stay.

open all day long, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.

a little hint:
    the restaurant is right opposit of the yellow-signed Milky Way records store. There you can get the best quality DVDs and CDs for cheap prices!

Favorite Dish: I always opt for the chef salad. Fresh greens and veggies with real cheese and ham, tossed with a german-style vinegar sauce.
    best chef salad in China. Order some fresh baguette with it and your in heaven! ;)

it is 16 Yuan (about $1,80)

Rosemarys Cafe from outside

• albaaust's Profile Photo

Look at photo of name: A cheap restaurant

by albaaust Updated Jan 19, 2007

We went to this restaurant because it was in main street Guilin and it was packed with local Chinese so we figured it would be good. We ordered the local speciality of Guilin noodles with beef, some vegetables and Tsingtao beer.
    The servings were huge - we could not eat it all and it was quite good.

Total cost: 94 Yuan

Front facade of restaurant The meal
    • Singles

• sunshine9689's Profile Photo

YiYuan FanDian: Sichuanese restaurant

by sunshine9689 Updated Dec 16, 2006

Lunch in this Sichuanise restaurant left only nice memories.
    Everything was delicious, service was fast and friendly.
    Ordered 2 entrees, 2 side dishes, 2 starters, 2 beers (7RMB each), some tea and payed the total of 73RMB ($9.1)!!!

Favorite Dish: I loved everything. Especially garlic cucumber.

Entrance. 2006 Inside. 2006 Our lunch. 2006

• magor65's Profile Photo

Sir Edward restaurant: A bit of Europe in China

by magor65 Written Feb 23, 2005

It is a very elegant place in European style with one difference - the service is better. I felt a bit embarrased when we got there wearing shorts and T-shirts, but nobody seemed to mind. Waitresses were not pushy, but all the time at our beck and call.
    Mostly European cuisine.

Sir Edward restaurant

"Anyway" cafe: Fantastic local food

by lindyz Written Oct 4, 2009

Same day - Shopping round #2!!! Left our Hotel room for second round of shopping and on our way back to centre of Guilin we came across this small Cafe called "Anyway". There was a HUGE sign out the front about how they welcomed travelers from all around the world to sample their tasty local food, so we thought "why not!"

This would possibly have to be one of the cheapest and nicest meals I ate the whole time in China. My dish was simply friend rice with egg and chives, plus a can of coke - TOTAL COST = 10RMB = about $2AUD!!! Amazing value! Only difficulty at this cafe was that absolutely no-one in the whole place spoke english, so we quite simply had to order from pictures, all the time repeating "boo yow la!!!" And also, there were a lot of Chinese men smoking in the cafe, which we had come to expect, but still did NOT enjoy.

• gourmetscafe's Profile Photo

Gourmets Coffee Cafe: Cofee & Pizza Arts & Jazz Music Iinternet Access

by gourmetscafe Updated Dec 17, 2007

Buy Coffee get free Breakfast,Pie,Pizza,Soup,Salad,Vegtarian food , Decaf Coffee
    Help you get tour information about Guilin and Yangshuo no charge need.
    Boss from New York living in Guilin
    Open 9am to Mid-Night
    Two store one in Guilin one in Yangshuo
    Arts Collection and Jazz Music, wireless Internet Access
    Boss Name: Milton

Favorite Dish: Tradition siphon style and Italian style Coffee and Hot Chocolate, Vegtarian food
    Mushroom Chowder, Beef Soup,Tuna Salad ,Beef Sandwich,Pizza,
    Pie ,Tiramisu,Pudding ,Cheese Cake,Chocolate Coffee Cake

In side the store Dessert Store Front View from Second Floor Second Floor
    • Singles
    • Business Travel

• herzog63's Profile Photo

Many....: Cheap Noodles

by herzog63 Written Oct 6, 2003

From reading through my journal I can tell you that I ate pretty cheap!! One of my lunches consisted of Noodles and Vegetables without meat and it cost a whopping price of 4 Mao and 1 Mao equalled US$.0019 cents at the exchange rate that I had so that meal cost less than US$.08 cents!! I'm sure it was in a small local place I didn't write down the name of the restaurant. But I can vaguely picture in my mind these places that I ate. I had another meal that included Noodles, Veggies and Meat for 2 Yuan (US$.36 cents) The meat must have added to the cost. My quote from my journal about that place..."It's more expensive than ordinary noodles but very delicous" ahhaha I can remember eating that meal with soaking wet feet and sharing a table with a local guy that kept spitting on the floor which sadly is/was a local custom.

Favorite Dish: I laughing right now as I click the Under $10 button!!! I could have had 125 meals of regular noodles with veggies for under $10!!

The photo is a poorly focused relection photo from one of the caves.

Guilin cave
    • Trains

• herzog63's Profile Photo

many: Along Zhonshsan Lu ...wild animal restaurants

by herzog63 Written Oct 6, 2003

This tip isn't for the animal lover.....In 1987 there were many restaurants that came alive in the evening with cages of live animals stacked outside the restaurant that you could choose and then it would be prepared for you. I saw cats,dogs, many types of birds, small ratlike animals and some that looked like woodchucks. There are also many kinds of fish and turtles,eels etc...On the bright side you know that you food was fresh!!! I didn't eat at any of the restaurants as they were out of my budget!!! But I thought it was interesting to check them out. I wish I could have made some night photos but I wasn't traveling with a flash.

Favorite Dish: In this photo you can also see the bicycle lanes that I talked about in one of the other tips.

Wild Animal Restaurants
    • Trains

• albaaust's Profile Photo

Near the Li River: Avoid this restaurant

by albaaust Written Jan 19, 2007

Unfortunately, I cannot name this restaurant. Our guide took us to this place - it was right alongside the Li River and it had an outside section.

We ordered the usual local noodles and a vegetable dish but from the start we had trouble! Firstly, there was a smell that turned us off - could have been the local speciality of fermented bean paste or the snake oil - whatever, I had trouble eating it! Secondly, when I went to the toilet I went past rows of cages of snakes, chickens, rabbits, turtles,bats, fish etc all next to each other -predator and prey next to each other waiting to be ordered. Another turn off!!

Lastly, I vomited that night away!!

Stay away!!

Facade of restaurant Looks good doesn't it!!

• lindyz's Profile Photo

Dont remember its name: Small cafe in walking strret

by lindyz Updated Oct 4, 2009

We went shopping early, and having not eaten much breakfast in our room, decided to stop for brekkie in a small bar in Walking Street. The Chinese tend to call their shopping malls "Walking Street", I dont know the name of this street in Guilin, but it is the main pedestrian mall.

We had a toasted ham and cheese sandwich each and I had an iced coffee. Every time I ordered an iced coffee in China, it was always different! This one was super strong, so the caffeine content kept me going for the rest of the day! Cost for the iced coffee and the sandwich was only 30rmb = about $5AUD.

Tracy and I having brekkie in Walking Street Guilin Walking Street Crazy man wanted to take us to his art gallery!

• yipsufen's Profile Photo

Zhengyang Souper: Best Soup in Town

by yipsufen Updated Jun 12, 2005

This is a double-storey restaurant at Zhengyang Paedestrian Street, which is famous for its all kinds of tasty soup. It serves tortoise, duck, melon and other soups which are either nourishing or revitalising. Some tables are set up outside so that you can dine alfresco while looking at the passer-bys. Spotted this restaurant frequented by many western tourists. Usually they like to order snails, soup and beer.

The facade of Zhengyang Souper.  Always so busy
    • Business Travel

• Sharrie's Profile Photo

Zhengyang Souper Restaurant: Hot soup!

by Sharrie Updated Jun 29, 2004

The restaurant serves a large selection of herbal soups. Extremely well done & great during the winter months.

For some reasons, Americans whom I've come across are not very used to the distinctive Chinese herbs used in most of the Chinese soups & dishes.

Same as the fact that most Australians & some Americans hate Tofu.

So, when it comes to very authentic chinese food, just remember, they are not Chinatown food! You've to have an open mind about them!

Favorite Dish: Chinese Herbal Soups, naturally.

Stir-fried Tian Lo (snails) with chilli. Quite spicy though I was told it's not v. hygienic. It's a favorite in this part of China.

Chinese Escargot ;-)

Fubo Hotel Restaurant and Room Service: Nice meals

by lindyz Written Oct 4, 2009

We ate once at the Fubo Restaurant and one night we ordered room service. Both times, the meals were large, fresh and delicious. In the Restaurant, I was craving western food so I ordered Hawaiin Pizza and fries! Cost was only 48rmb = about $8AUD. Tracy ordered beef braised in red wine and she said it was delicious.

• solopes's Profile Photo

Li River Boats: Not so bad

by solopes Updated Dec 22, 2013

We were warned by our guide that the lunch in the boat “couldn’t reach our expectations” so we should be prepared to… starve.

Well, it was not a great event, but we ate enough, and the quality was not that bad.

One thing I was sorrow: I missed the turtle soup, because they took it away sooner than I expected. Be aware of that: the plates go back quicker than they come.

After lunch we saw the crew washing the dishes... in the river. Well... AFTER lunch, thanks God!

Guilin - China Guilin - China Guilin - China
    • Eco-Tourism

• Shi Ji: Guilin delicious rice noodle

by neverstoptravel Written Dec 31, 2007

You Yi Xuan, located on Jiefang Xi Road & Zhongshan Zhong Road, is one of the most famous rice noodle restaurants in Guilin and has become a symbol of Guilin cuisine.

Favorite Dish: Beef rice noodle. Cheap and delicious, only RMB3/100g.

Instant Answers: Guilin

Comments

Guilin Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Guilin restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Guilin sightseeing.