Chengde Restaurants

Food Stall
    by nepalgoods

Most Recent Restaurants in Chengde

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Dongpo Restaurant: Lots of food!

by Willettsworld Updated Aug 29, 2009

I came here on the only evening I spent in Chengde and wasn't disappointed. This restaurant is located just over a bridge near the city centre. There are several large rooms to eat in upstairs. There's plenty of staff on hand as well. The food is good and plentiful, (I had tons of food - enough rice for 3 people)! I don't think they had any English menus but I think I remember them having pictures.

• greencargirl's Profile Photo

It's all in chinese characters- sorry!: Great food & service in Chengde

by greencargirl Written Jul 31, 2009

Our hotel recommended a restaurant which we found to be fantastic. It's located on Nanyingzi Dajie, directly above the KFC Restaurant that's just down the road a few blocks and accross the street from Chengde Hotel. Chengde Hotel is located at 19 Nanyingzi. There are 2 KFC's nearby; you want to find the one that's accross the street from the Chengde Hotel, not the one on the same side. You won't be disappointed. The restaurant is all Chinese, and I'm not sure if they speak any english. However, their menu has pictures, and the very attentive waitresses can make recommendations based on what you like (chicken, fish, vegetables, tofu, etc.) I will post pictures soon. The food really was outstanding. The peach juice was very good, too. Prices for the dishes we chose ranged from about RMB18 to RMB28.

Favorite Dish: We loved all the food here. We had duck-gyoza soup with extra duck meat and veggies. We also had a spicy chicken/chile dish, a wonderful pork and crispy pancake thing, a delicious green vegetable and potato soup, and peach juice to drink.

• ghweeh's Profile Photo

Xin Wu Zhou Jiu Dian: Do not expect too much

by ghweeh Written Jun 22, 2006

We were the only customers in this small restaurant. I would say it was a nice local eatery with decent food. I don't have the address (again) but at least I got the tel no. on the signboard!! :D

Favorite Dish: I hardly eat cos the food were just too salty...only consumed enough to last me till dinner-time.

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo

Foodstalls

by nepalgoods Updated Jul 2, 2003

Food Stall

Everywhere in China you find foodstalls selling the most delicious little snacks. I love to try all these good smelling things!

Here they are selling hot cakes filled with vegetables.

Instant Answers: Chengde

Comments

Chengde Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Chengde restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Chengde sightseeing.