Zhangjiajie Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by Dorphineprincess
    by vincentf

Best Rated Restaurants in Zhangjiajie

• De Sheng Lou Restaurant: hot! hot! and exciting!

by Dorphineprincess Written Apr 16, 2006

Hunan cusine is known as spicy , if I may add ,I think , it's heavey as well. Everywhere I went , dishes just can't go without red peppers!
    Luckily, this Canton belly of mine was diverse enough to handle these, as a matter of fact , I found it amazing.
    I hit on this little place twice, after long exciting hiking hours from Mt. when I felt I was able to eat a horse.

This place is very neat, a little bit fancy in comparison with the little street booths in the area. The reason I decided to try here is because several police cars are parking in front.
    "Well, police like here, why not have a look" that was all i thought...
    The price is ok, for two people , 70RMB (about 9 usd) can make a very good dinner.

Favorite Dish: Not specificly in this restaurant, but in this area,
    two dishes shouldn't be missing in your dinner, one is the local grown wild vegetables(Ye Cai). the other is the Toufu. (beancurd)
    I always agree, if one wants to taste the water of a place, he can't miss Toufu!

oops , another thing I forget, is the rice. It's not the packet-fine-rice of the super market. Instead, it's crude, non-modified... natural-smell, .. actually it reminds me of the meals of the village parties in the 80's .
    Well, It's hard to find in GZ now. .

• vincentf's Profile Photo

by vincentf Written Feb 4, 2004

This is a delicious snack on a cold wintery day up in the mountains of Zhangjiajie.

Favorite Dish: This snack costs RMB3.

Instant Answers: Zhangjiajie

Comments

Zhangjiajie Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Zhangjiajie restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Zhangjiajie sightseeing.