Nanjing Warnings and Dangers

Best Rated Warnings and Dangers in Nanjing

• imstress's Profile Photo

Gentlemen Beware!

by imstress Written Dec 20, 2004

Ladies, DO NOT leave the guys alone while busy with shopping. There are ladies hanging around to look for their victims.

The usual starting line is "Sir, do you want to sing karaoke?" And if you were to seem interested they will offer u EXTRA services".

They are dress like any other shoppers on the street.

• ellyse's Profile Photo

FREE Admission to Nanjing Massacre Memorial

by ellyse Written Mar 8, 2006

Admission to the Nanjing Massacre Memorial is FREE. They try to stop you at the gate and extract 10 RMB from you if they can tell that you're a foreigner, but just let them know that you know that it's free and they can't do a thing to you! The LP says it's 10 RMB... but it looks like that's a thing of the past.

• Museum Visits

• chatterley's Profile Photo

Pickpockets in Fuzi Temple District

by chatterley Written Dec 17, 2006

Fuzi Temple District

When shopping at the Fuzi Temple District, be wary of pickpockets. They usually operate in pairs.

Our tour guide advised us not to flaunt our wealth and show others our thick wallets when paying for our purchases. Instead, she asked us to just take 100-200 RMB and keep them in our pockets, and use these for payment instead. This way, we would not attract unwanted attention to ourselves (and our wallets).... good advice!

Another advice is not to leave your wallets in your back pockets. Place them in your bag and carry your bag sideways or keep them in front of you. The pickpockets are supposedly very good in pilfering wallets from back pockets.

• If someone try to talk to you...

by alexia_lin Written Aug 24, 2002

If someone try to talk to you in the railway station,you'd better say:no,thanks. That'll be a polite way to refuse them. Usually,they ask you if you want cheap hotel room or tickets,stuff like that. If you ask them the price or something else,they probably think you are intested in their offering. Then they will follow you,I think that might be kind of trouble.

• susanpingu's Profile Photo

Lost my camera in Nanjing

by susanpingu Written Mar 16, 2008

I was boarding the tourist bus in Zijin (Purple) Mountain park and suddenly some people began pushing from the sides and the back. I thought they were just being rude but in hindsight I suspect they were working as a team. I realized my camera was missing in my pants pocket just as the bus was pulling out. All the photos I had taken on my first China trip gone.

So your pants pocket is a BAD idea for keeping your camera, even for a minute. I advocate putting the camera away before boarding the bus/train because you never know when things could get out of hand. I didn't purchase another camera there since I was nearing the end of my trip and only had a few more days in Shanghai.

Luckily for me I did upload some photos to a photo gallery while in Yangzhou, so out of hundreds I took there are only 13 left because that's the number I managed to upload on a USB cable loaned to me for a few minutes. Thank goodness for that!

• Beware of the open food...

by The_Rabbit Written Aug 25, 2002

Beware of the open food markets. I would not recommend eating from most unless otherwise told. Do not drink the tap water!! During the summer months the heat can become unbearable so dress light. Also, sleep under a mosquito net!

• GUYON's Profile Photo

Spy photo : the Red Chinese...

by GUYON Written Sep 7, 2002

Spy photo : the Red Chinese Army at the training (CIA : you can make an offer for the complete serie)

Instant Answers: Nanjing

Comments

Nanjing Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Nanjing warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Nanjing sightseeing.