Nanchang Transportation

by kotten

Most Recent Transportation in Nanchang

• Airport taxis

by mke1963 Written Oct 19, 2006

After five years in China, I would say that the taxis at nanchang Airprt are the worst in the country and even beat Beijing's miserable, aggressive lot.

Despite there being an official queue of taxis outside the door, none of them want to use the meter. ("Broken". Answer: "So's my wallet") I was aggressively surrounded by taxi-drivers (I counted nine of them within 30 seconds) some of them tugging at my bags [always drives me nuts, that!]

There is an absolutely useless uniformed flunky standing there with a clipboard, whose job is explicitly to prevent this from happening. But as he is struggling with the psychological trauma of puberty, he does nothing.

It's an absolute disgrace, out me in a bad mood and gave me a seriously, seriously bad imprssion of Nanchang and Jiangxi.

• Nanchang Aiport

by mke1963 Written Oct 19, 2006

Nanchang hasn't (presumably "yet") got its new airport so it will have to make do with it's small but perfectly acceptable airport terminal with its "hint of Stalin" architecture and "arrival hall grimness" (characteristic of all these older airports built in the 1990s).

The baggage carousels are poorly signposted (there's a tiny LED screen above them) so most people rely on a woman who comes out and shrieks at you in heavily-accented Chinese. I assume she is telling you which carousel to go to, but she may just be an insane person in a uniform.

Beware the taxis (separate tip).

• kotten's Profile Photo

fantastic trip to come my home-town

by kotten Written Apr 5, 2003

Departure flights(Local):Nanchang to beijing/shanghai/guangzhou/shengzheng/kunming/hefei/ulumuqi/kunming/guiyang/.....
    (international):bangkok..hongkong.....

Instant Answers: Nanchang

Comments

Nanchang Transportation

Reviews and photos of Nanchang transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Nanchang sightseeing.