Ji'an Transportation

• ellyse's Profile Photo

Long-Distance Buses

by ellyse Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Funny place names!

Ji'an is a little difficult to get to. The train station is basically useless and you'll do better to head to/from Tonghua for better connections. There're frequent bus connections to Tonghua (19.5 RMB), journey time about 2 hours.
    At time of travel (January 2007), there's a daily departure to Jilin at 0500 (57 RMB) and 2 daily departures to Changchun at 0530 (55 RMB) and 1450. The 1450 bus costs 91.5 RMB and takes about 6 hours to reach Changchun's long-distance bus station in the north part of the city, near Changchun train station. By the time it gets to Changchun, that long-distance bus station is no longer open (at least it seemed to us) so it'll just stop on the street and you won't be able to buy any onward bus tickets.
    Other useful connections would be to Harbin (98 RMB), Yanji, Shenyang (69 RMB), Dalian, Dandong (42 RMB), Tianjin and Beijing. However departures for these longer routes are few and it would be easier to go to Tonghua and catch a train/bus from there instead.
    If you read Chinese, you can also check bus schedules at the 2 websites listed below, but double-check again at the long-distance bus station. You could also amuse yourself by reading the route map on the wall of the long-distance bus station, some of the place names are really hilarious!

• ellyse's Profile Photo

Taxi/Vehicle Hire

by ellyse Updated Sep 2, 2007

If you speak Chinese, you can call directly the driver we hired (sorry, we didn't even get his name!) at the number provided below.
    Otherwise, I'm sure the reception staff of Lu Ming Hotel would be happy to hook you up.
    Another trip report I read on another website mentioned 150 RMB to go to all the sites stated above, but we only paid 20 + 40 RMB over 2 days. About 3 hours on the 1st day and 4 hours on the 2nd. I guess that traveller got ripped off!
    Bear in mind that taxis in Ji'an are very small (compared to most other places we've been to) so if there's 4 of you it's going to be very squeezy and uncomfortable. We were 4 pretty average-sized Asians, I couldn't close the back car door after I had gotten in as the angle made it impossible! My friend sitting in the middle had to reach over and do it for me instead.

Instant Answers: Ji'an

Comments

Ji'an Transportation

Reviews and photos of Ji'an transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ji'an sightseeing.