Shenyang Travel Guide

by Sharon094

Shenyang Things to Do

• hardywang's Profile Photo

by hardywang Written Aug 24, 2002

GuGong in ShengYang, even though it is not as grand as the one in Beijing, it is still worth visiting!

Shenyang Nightlife

• eSKa's Profile Photo

by eSKa Written Aug 24, 2002

There are 2 or 3 big disco's in this city ... 'sun moon water' is the only one i remember ... it's great in there.
    as an an eouropean guy (especially girl) it's a lot of fun in there.
    te fun ends with the song 'go west' at exacltly 1:00 am ... with the help of the police with their MP's in their hand.

ist to be continued
    i think nobody goes to shenyang for it's nightlife.
    i've bee there on a construction job (we bulit an new joint venture) and therfore i had to do something at night.
    although it seems to sound boring ... it was the most funniest nightlife i ever spent anywhee in the word!

Shenyang Transportation

• bdschobel's Profile Photo

by bdschobel Written Aug 24, 2002

I flew from Beijing. China has excellent transportation, so trains and roads are other options.
    I generally walked where I needed to go. When I tried to walk to the giant Mao statue, however, I got lost and asked a young guy on the street how to get there. He told me to jump on the back of his moterbike and drove me there! I had gone about 2 km. in the opposite direction. The ride was a big help.

Shenyang Favorites

• bdschobel's Profile Photo

by bdschobel Updated Feb 26, 2009

Favorite thing: See the statue of Mao Zedong near the city center. It is supposed to be one of the largest in China. Surrounding the statue is a large traffic circle that is effectively a city park. When I was there in 2000, dozens of very friendly Chinese students surrounded me and asked if they could practice their English. (I look -- and am -- American.) I ended up speaking with many of these people for close to 2 hours. Everybody was very interested in me; I got the impression that Shenyang does not get large numbers of Western tourists -- not then, anyway. I was equally interested in them! I visited the statue again in 2008 and was struck by how much smaller it was compared to my memory of it. It's big, but in my mind it had become huge! Memories are interesting.

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Shenyang

Comments

Shenyang Travel Guide
Map of Shenyang