Dalian Favorites

• Dalian Station modelled upon Ueno Station in Tokyo
    Dalian Station modelled upon Ueno...
    by RoseAmano
    Ueno Station in Tokyo
    by RoseAmano
    by socrates_07

Most Recent Favorites in Dalian

• RoseAmano's Profile Photo

Dalian Station Architecture

by RoseAmano Updated Sep 7, 2006

Favorite thing: As Shenyang Station is modelled upon Tokyo Station, you can compare and see here Dalian Station is modelled upon Ueno Station (the 2nd major train terminal in Tokyo).

Dalian Station modelled upon Ueno Station in Tokyo Ueno Station in Tokyo
    • Trains
    • Architecture

Laohutan Ocean Park

by meteorologist1 Written Jul 25, 2006

Fondest memory: The Laohutan Ocean Park is a major attraction in Dalian. It costs 15 yuan to enter the park. Inside the park there are several points of interest. The pole aquarium, which costs another 100 yuan, should not be missed as you will see lots of interesting animals from the polar regions of the world up close. There are also dolphin and white whale performances inside the aquarium. The park also has the Coral Hall and the Marine Mammal World which are popular. There are also fun family rides, gift shops, and food stands inside the park. Worth a visit if you are coming to Dalian.

Laohutan Ocean Park
    • Aquarium

Xinghai Square

by meteorologist1 Written Jul 23, 2006

Fondest memory: Xinghai Square definitely should not be missed. This is the largest square in Asia. There are lots of wide open spaces and really long, straight walkways that radiate in several directions from the center of the square. It is a great place to rent a bicycle. There are also horse carriage rides available here too. Also a great place to fly a kite as many locals do on windy days.

Xinghai Square Xinghai Square

Xinghai Convention & Exhibition Center

by meteorologist1 Written Jul 23, 2006

Fondest memory: Large, modern buildings can be seen at the north end of Xinghai Square. This is the Dalian Xinghai Convention & Exhibition Center. All types of events are frequently held here in these large facilities, including many great exhibitions and expos. See their web site if you are interested.

Xinghai Convention & Exhibition Center
    • Business Travel
    • Singles

Lao hu tan Scenic Park

by socrates_07 Updated Jan 10, 2005

Favorite thing: Lao hu means Tiger, tan means beach and the Lao hu tan Scenic Park lies on the Tiger Beach. That sculpture is composed of a group of tigers' images, located in the Tiger Beach Park. The white sculpture flashes different colors with the change of the sunshine.

Laohutan Scenic Park

Golden Pebble Waxing Imagery Museum

by socrates_07 Updated Jan 10, 2005

Favorite thing: A surprise was the visit at the Golden Pebble Waxing Imagery Museum. (actually for me almost everything during the sightseeing tour was a surprise. Ok, the guide of the tour told us where we will go. But in Chinese and I was the only Westerner on this sightseeing tour.)

Of course you cant compare the Golden Pebble Waxing Imagery Museum with Madame Tussauds but it was a nice idea. Especially the wax copies of famous Chinese were great. Unfortunately it was forbidden to take photos. I almost kept that prohibition.

Waxing Imagery Museum

Golden Stone Garden

by socrates_07 Updated Jan 10, 2005

Favorite thing: The Golden Stone Garden is near the Golden Pebble beach. I have to admit, I dont know much about the rock formation of this natural "garden".
    Very close was an exhibition of different rocks and gemstone.

Golden Stone Garden

by socrates_07 Updated Jan 10, 2005

Favorite thing: Golden Pebble Beach is north of Dalian and lies on the Yellow Sea in southeast of Liaodong. It covers a land area of 62 square km.
    This area is very popular for local people and if the weather is sunny and warm, you should go there.
    Unfortunately we had not such a good weather and the bus driver of our travel agency stopped there just for a short time. And he passed the sand beach without a stop. "We didnt pay for a break", he said. We just wanted to take photos but no chance.

Nice park with scuptures from the East and West

by socrates_07 Updated Jan 10, 2005

Favorite thing: No, I am not talking about me. You will see some of those sculptures in my travelogues.

Unfortunately I have no idea of the name of this park. I just can tell you its not far away from the Golden Beach Golf Club. So, if anyone knows the name of this park, please let me know it.

The park itself is nice but no must to visit. Some of the sculptures in that park you can find in Italy or Greece as well....

Russia Street

by socrates_07 Updated Jan 10, 2005

Favorite thing: In this small street there are many russian-styed buildings and small shops.
    After WWII the Soviet Union occupied that city for ten years but it was not the first time that Dalian was under Russian influence.

Bangchuidao Beach

by socrates_07 Updated Jan 10, 2005

Favorite thing: The first beach on the Binhai Lu is the Bangchuidao Beach. If you come from the Dong hai park. It was a wunderful beach but unfortunately it was the last day in Dalian. We still had some places to visit, otherwise I would have spend some hours at that beach.

Bangchuidao Beach
    • Water Sports

Policewomen

by socrates_07 Updated Jan 10, 2005

Favorite thing: policewomen. Was it my fault if the weather was bad whenever I wanted to take photos from that square. Or if I had the wrong camera with me? No, it was just a COINCIDENCE that I went to Dalian's only square with Policewomen that often.

People Square

People's Square

by socrates_07 Updated Jan 10, 2005

Favorite thing: The most important square in Dalian is the 120, 000 square meters People's Square or Renmin Square. Dalian's most administrative buildings like the municipal government in the north are at that square. The former name of that square is Stalin Square. You see, there was a good relationship with the Russian...

I liked to go to that square, no only because of...

People's Square

Labor Park

by socrates_07 Updated Jan 10, 2005

Favorite thing: Unfortunetely I didnt visit that park in the night, we just passed the ┬┤Labor Park. At that time we were on the way to somewhere else. At the next day we went to that park and after we entered it, I saw what I missed.
    There were built many scenes of chinese history and cultures. (later I will publish some photos in my travelogue.)
    That Park is at the foot of the Lushan Mountain. Besides rare flower there are pavilions, terraces and a more to see. For sure, a great place to relax.

Labor Park

Dong Hai Park

by socrates_07 Updated Jan 10, 2005

Favorite thing: Also called Hai Zhiyun Square.
    One of my favorite area in Dalian. As I remember it costs around 40 RMB to enter that park but its worth to visit. There are a collection of old ships, nice scuptures, a pool with seals,...

As I wrote in my transportation tips, I took the tram to get there. From this park we took a taxi for the Binhai Lu.

Dong hai park

Instant Answers: Dalian

Comments

Dalian Favorites

Reviews and photos of Dalian favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dalian sightseeing.