Hushan Transportation

On the bus
    by pravit726
  • Chinese visitors get a big kick out of Yi Bu Kua
    Chinese visitors get a big kick out of...
    by Confucius

Most Recent Transportation in Hushan

• Confucius's Profile Photo

2 ways to get to Hushan from Dandong

by Confucius Updated Apr 4, 2011

Chinese visitors get a big kick out of Yi Bu Kua

1. The cheapest way is by public bus but there are only one or two early morning departures to Hushan. Ask any hotel concierge in Dandong for current public bus schedule assistance. Be sure to inquire about the exact departure times for the return trip with the bus driver.

2. You can participate in a private tour through one of several local Chinese companies in Dandong. This option can include other nearby destinations as well such as the Taiping Wan Dam located further upriver, however you must negotiate the price for car and driver and the driver likely will not be able to speak English. Sometimes they'll include a lunch in the package price.
    I used the second option and ended up eating very late upon the return to Dandong because there are no decent restaurants in the Hushan area or in nearby Jiuliancheng. However I was satisfied with the driver because he drove conservatively and waited patiently as I completed all of my capers.

• Hiking and Walking

• Getting to Hushan

by pravit726 Written Jan 9, 2007

On the bus

I got to Hushan from Dandong by buying a ticket at the bus station for 4RMB($0.50). It was a bit unclear where to get off, since I have a terrible time understanding ticket sellers when they announce stops, but when most of the bus got off, I asked if we were at Hushan and indeed we were.

I got back to Dandong by hailing a taxi, although you could take the bus back(we had a bus to catch to Dalian, so we couldn't wait). The taxi already had two passengers, but me and my girlfriend managed to squeeze in and we had a fun old time telling about our North Korean border exploits and why I was wearing women's clothing(more on that in the travelogue!).

Instant Answers: Hushan

Comments

Hushan Transportation

Reviews and photos of Hushan transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hushan sightseeing.