Muslim Quarters, Xi'an

Know about this? Rate It!

A shoemaker
    by nepalgoods
  • Muslim Quarters
    by Deathray
  • nepalgoods's Profile Photo

Hui Minority

by nepalgoods Updated Feb 24, 2004

A shoemaker

Favorite thing: Xian has been a city of traders along the silk road. Many Muslims came to Xian with their karawanes. Now you can still find many Chinese Muslims, which are called Hui. They have mosques and their special food. Lots of noodleshops and Shashliki stalls.

For more consice informations please see this website:
    Hui Minority

• Architecture

• Deathray's Profile Photo

go to the century-old pow-mo...

by Deathray Written Sep 7, 2002

Favorite thing: go to the century-old pow-mo restuarant in the center of the city. Pow-mo is a noodle dish cooked in broth with either beef or lamb. Don't be fooled by the cheap and unsanitary imitations, go to the really really famous one in the busy commercial district. I don't remember the name, but most everyone in Xi'an knows where it is.

Fondest memory: Whipping Xi'anese people in basketball :)

• drozi's Profile Photo

For sure I'll go to the Muslim...

by drozi Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: For sure I'll go to the Muslim resident area, the food there is so nice.

Fondest memory: Although Xi'an, or even the whole Shan'xi provice is rather dirty ( sorry, but it's true),I like this city very much, not only because of lots of event in the early Chinese history were happened there.

• drozi's Profile Photo

For sure I'll go to the Muslim...

by drozi Written Aug 26, 2002

Fondest memory: Although Xi'an, or even the whole Shan'xi provice is rather dirty ( sorry, but it's true),I like this city very much, not only because of lots of event in the early Chinese history were happened there, I miss the food there very much. Last year September,just after I resigned from the company, the first thing I did was: went to Xi'an for food.The question I asked myself at those days was 'why people can only eat three times a day'. I miss the four year time I stayed there too.

Instant Answers: Xi'an