Shanghai Nightlife

Most Recent Nightlife in Shanghai

Ther Bund: Fresh stroll

by solopes Updated Feb 23, 2014

Shanghai - China

It's a show that no one can miss, the reflection of Pudong's lights in the river, while enjoying the cool of the night in the Bund's walkways.

Night and day are, really, different programs in the Bund.

• Architecture

Sens & Bund: Nice Views

by solopes Updated Jan 5, 2014
    Shanghai - China

We spent only some minutes in this bar, time enough to notice the good cocktails at a reasonable price, and the fabulous views from the terrace.

Western music, international clients (carefully selected as we saw at the door), it could be a bar anywhere if it wasn’t the Bund “rising” across the windows.

The views from the terrace are fabulous.

• rudysmom626's Profile Photo

Bar Level 87: Astonishing View of the Bund!

by rudysmom626 Written Dec 22, 2013
    The view from Bar 87

After shopping on the Pudong side of Shanghai, Sammy wanted us to grab a drink so I could get the view of the Bund from this side - then, we would have dinner on the other side (where the actual Bund is located) and get the view from there.

Located in the Shanghai World Financial Center (the building shaped like a bottle opener), the Park Hyatt occupies floors 79 to 93, making it one of the highest hotels in the world. With this real estate, it's no surprise that the views are astonishing and that the bars are quite romantic and popular. We went to Bar Level 87, which is a small little nook, almost an Asian take on the old school fab hotel bar, with deep leather chairs and telescopes. I was exhausted from shopping and in need of a drink - only after I ordered a glass of champagne did I realize that ONE GLASS COST $39 USD!! So while the view is out of this world and totally worth the trip, be careful because it is absurdly pricey!!

Dress Code: No specific dress code, but people were more formally dressed than other restaurants and bars we went to in Shanghai - it seemed to be a romantic date spot or business drinks locale.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

Shanghai Centre Theatre: Acrobatic show

by solopes Updated Dec 22, 2013

Shanghai - China (Banuburak

After Opera in Beijing and ethnic arts in Xi'an, our third nigh out was in Shanghai, with a good acrobatic show.

It didn't add much to what we had seen before, but the movements wer perfect, absolutely secure, and the visual and musical treatment were very well conceived.

• Theater Travel

• npg's Profile Photo

Inferno: heavy metal bar

by npg Updated Aug 6, 2013

Inferno

the only heavy metal bar in shanghai.
    the music is heavy and loud.
    the atmosphere is relaxed.
    do try the bourbon barrel beer and sailor jerry rum.
    they play most requests.....heavy requests ;-)
    a mix of chinese/western patrons

Dress Code: clean

• Work Abroad
    • Study Abroad
    • Music

• npg's Profile Photo

The Shed: aussie bar

by npg Updated Oct 28, 2012

this is a bar. open day and night.
    official opening is yet to come (nov 2012) but it is open for trade now.
    it's part of a motel - 'home inn' i think.
    it has it's own entrance/frontage.
    pricing for a bar is cheap - so it wont burn a hole in your wallet.
    it has a pool table and live sport on tv's around the room.
    most aussie sport is shown. but all big world wide sports would be shown as well.

Dress Code: casual - tidy

• Work Abroad

• JessieLang's Profile Photo

Shanghai Center Acrobat Show: Acrobats

by JessieLang Written Oct 12, 2012

If you like this sort of thing, check out the Shanghai Acrobats. The show is very entertaining, and even includes a comedy routine involving knife throwing. The Shanghai acrobats start training as young children, and they are excellent.

Dress Code: none that I know of

• Pu-dong, Shanghai: Karaoke Bar Scam

by dinran Written Nov 22, 2011

bloody scam!!

Dress Code: I also had a very very similar incident, where I was forced to pay a bill of RMB16,000 (USD 2500) and had to do.
    The bellow link will direct to the original post...watch out when you out there in this area.

Read more: http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Asia/China/Shanghai_Shi/Shanghai-1003464/Nightlife-Shanghai-TG-C-1.html#ixzz1eQf1wevn

• Bar Rouge , Bund 18,7 floor: Nighttime Serenades

by Mikishanghaitour Written Aug 13, 2011
    Night view of Shanghai from Bar Rouge

Hours: 7:00pm-04:00am
    Address: The No.17 of the Bund ,but it is named the Bund 18.
    Price: one bottle of beer is around 60 RMB as well as cocktail.

The night view of Bund is very charming. How to appreciate the night view since there are always so many people on the Bund at night time? Two ways, one is by taking night cruise travel along Huangpu river that makes you feel travel along the time tunnel, travel back to Shanghai`s past, present and future,the ticket is 120 RMB per person. Other way is by coming to this bar which you can have a good view of the beautiful night Bund .

Dress Code: No short-pants

• Beer Tasting

• MarvintheMartian's Profile Photo

Monkey Lounge: Chill out with Shanghai's cool folk

by MarvintheMartian Updated Jul 18, 2011

This bar/lounge is around the French Concession and hidden down a small alley (like many of the best places in Shanghai). There's no view and the prices are in the expensive side. However, you will see and hangout with Shanghai's cool locals, both foreign and Chinese (assuming they've not moved onto to somewhere cooler now!).

Details and an address is here: http://www.smartshanghai.com/radar/themonkeylounge.html

Dress Code: Anything trendy I guess!

• stamporama's Profile Photo

ERA II - Kaleido: Watch an acrobatic show

by stamporama Written Jun 15, 2011

Chinese are famous for their spectacular acrobatic acts. I've watched 2 different kinds in Beijing but this one is more artistic, it involves more visual effects and projections, something like what Cirque du Soleil does. The show runs for 2 hours, only 1 performance nightly at 7:15 pm. If you're staying somewhere near the Bund area, then this place is nearer than the other show at West Nanjing St.

As of June 2011, ticket prices are 180, 280, 380 and 580 yuan. You could buy from the box office at the entrance or from your hotel concierge.

Dress Code: No dress code. No photos or videos allowed.

• Theater Travel

• Xin Tian Di: oh my god they want to kill me

by mina2naz Written May 25, 2011

I was walking in Xin Tian Di at 11 pm, a place for bar, restaurants and night clubs recommended by Grand Hyatt shanghai hotel. A nice looking guy approached me and said that if i want to have some fun and happy time in a karaoke bar with beautiful girls, he can help me. He seems very innocent and friendly. He said his name is jimmy. First i was so suspicious but he assured me that if you don’t like the place and girls we can go back. We take a taxi and 5 minutes later we were in a bar in second floor with a red light entrance. I thought that inside the bar everything is normal, 6 girls came to karaoke room and I select one of them, then they (girl and bar manager) started to ask tip, as I was there for fun I gave them 300 RMB and then bar manger ask that if I have some dollar or euro give them some but I had only RMB. So she checked my wallet to see how much money I have, then I had love with girl and here the story just begin, the girls take 400 and bar manager(woman) asked for more tip for a boy who they said he is a poor boy working for cleaning the bar. The boy bring me a bill for a beer and two snack and a plate of water melon that I never noticed them before, also having love and room rent and … a 14000 RMB, around 2200 $ for a 30 minute love making, oh my god, I said that it is a big rubbery, suddenly another man come to the room and said he is boss and I should pay the bill. I said I will call police , and he punched me in the face , I was shocked , he said if I want to call the police I should write down that I had sex with a student that is illegal. After some time I try to give them money to free myself because they took a beer bottle and show me that they will kill me if I don’t pay them. They took 4000 RMB all cash that I had( around 640$) and charge my credit card 3000 (476$) more. Hopefully this card had only a maximum 500$ credit. After paying 1100 $ for a very bad night with a painful soring face, I was freed to take a taxi to hotel. As I had to go back home one day later and also I did not trust police in China because they know what is happening there for sure, I decided to just share this with you for your safety and may be saving your life. Be careful and do not trust in Jimmies.
    It happened tonight to me.

• Seniors
    • Music

• The Apartment: NYC-style bar in the middle of Shanghai

by Cimile Updated May 11, 2011

The Apartment Shanghai

The Apartment is located in the middle of French Concession, on Yong fu Rd in Shanghai. It looks like a NYC-style loft, with cozy beaten leather sofas, a rooftop terrace, and even a whole bed! There are 2 rooms, Apartment 301 and Apartment 302, one with more of a lounge vibe and live music, and the other with a bigger dancefloor, more retro styling and a party vibe. Toilets in this place are always super clean!! - big plus if you are a girl;)
    They are also open in the daytime and serve quite good food, with pizzas being served till 2-3am at night!
    Definitely a good place to try if you like stylish bars/restaurants!

• Wine Tasting

• simcard's Profile Photo

Dragonfly Spa: Relax at Dragonfly

by simcard Updated Apr 4, 2011

Dragonfly Spa is my favorite place to receive some great massage. They have stores both in Pudong and Puxi. Besides the traditional Chinese or Japanese massage, My favorite massage service is called "head to toe", where you are serviced by two people for a full hour, one working on your shoulder and head, while the other massages your feet. ohhhhh.. it is just sooooo good!!

• I Love Shanghai: Great Bar Under the Bund

by Slick64 Updated Apr 4, 2011

How to get there...

Found a great bar under the Bund named "I Love Shanghai". Met a lot of expats there and some locals. The owner is from Seattle and ha s a really good bar going. Everyone was friendly and the drinks were inexpensive. They were having Texas Hold'em night when I was there (on a Sunday). Big crowd for that.

Dress Code: What ever you want to wear

Instant Answers: Shanghai

Comments

Shanghai Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Shanghai nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Shanghai sightseeing.