Le Garcon Chinois, Shanghai

by MaosRedArmy
  • litekimchi's Profile Photo

Le Garcon Chinois: OK but I've tasted better

by litekimchi Written May 29, 2006

For the price, I wouldn't eat here again. I've had better. Or maybe because the Indian restaurant a few meters away (Tandoor Restaurant), I felt, served better tasting food. I don't remember much from this restaurant, except that it was too expensive.

Favorite Dish: What I do love eating, though, is this pork dish in spicy red sauce that you put on flat bread. I thought that was nice. I don't remember the other things we ate--I guess it was that forgettable. That, or I felt that the company was much better than the food.

• MaosRedArmy's Profile Photo

Le Garcon Chinois: My best meal in Shanghai thus far....

by MaosRedArmy Written Mar 13, 2004

View from the entrance.

Le Garcon Chinois was not very easy to find, but it was definitely worth the hunt. The resaurant is located in a quaint, old French house and is like going into somone's home.

While classified as a Spanish restaurant, the menu had a mix of items, hence my classification as eccletic/international. The menu is very diverse, and we liked all that we ordered.

This is a hidden gem that is perfect for a romantic night in the old French concession area of Shanaghai. After dinner, you can easily walk to a number of bars and clubs, or jump in a taxi and head home.

Favorite Dish: The Tapas Sampler was great.
    Tuna Tartare was good.
    The Seafood Paella was good.
    The Baked Sea Bass was great.
    Wine list - very resonable and good.

• Luxury Travel