Bike Tours - China Cycle Tours, Shanghai

Biking around Shanghai old town

by nnewt55 Written Jul 21, 2011
    French Concession

This bike tour was one of the most incredible experiences of my time in Shanghai and of my entire life! It was the best way to see the city, our leader were very knowledgeable and fascinating guides. They took us to historical sites as well as back alleys and side streets, so we really got a feel for the entire city. I HIGHLY recommend them to any visitor to Shanghai! Do NOT pass up a chance to bike with them!

by 33amanda Updated Dec 16, 2010
    Biking in French Concession

I took the half day Shanghai highlights tour on my first day in the city. It really gave me a great overview of all of the different areas and highlights in Shanghai and helped me get oriented to the city. Patrick was my guide and he was great. He was very friendly and informative. We traveled through the Old City, YuYuan Bazaar, Pudong and the French Quarter. The tour is a combination of biking and walking in certain areas which are too crowded. We went to some places that I probably wouldn't have found by myself and ended up going back to a different day.

I am definitely glad that I went with a guide to bike in Shanghai as the roads are very busy and I am not used to amount of cars, bikes and motorcycles on the road. The pace was perfect and they will go as fast or a slow as you need and I felt perfectly safe the whole time. The bikes are very comfortable and I could have easily ridden them the whole day. I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone visiting Shanghai!

by 33amanda Updated Dec 16, 2010