Chengdu Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Chengdu

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Song Xian Qiao Antique Market: Near Du Fu's Thatched Cottage

by Willettsworld Written May 11, 2009

This market and small shopping arcade are just off Qing Hua Lu in the west of the city near Du Fu's Cottage. A series of antique shops and stalls sells all kinds of things such as pots, money, stamps, furniture, room fittings, Mao stuff, old books and posters etc.

• John195123's Profile Photo

Outdoor store: Near The Loft

by John195123 Written Mar 3, 2008

The gear they sell isn't all from brands we know in the west, but if you need something like hiking shoes or jackets, they seem to have a small but decent inventory. The shop itself is small, but they seem like they know their stuff, though I didn't say much more than hello and goodbye.

• Adventure Travel
    • Hiking and Walking

• yangzhigong's Profile Photo

Hong Qi store: Hong Qi store

by yangzhigong Written Sep 10, 2007

Hong Qi store

Hong Qi store is an old store which selling Sichuan special local product, for example, dired beef, preserved ham, mashrooms and a great variety of delicious foods.

What to buy: dired beef, preserved ham, mashrooms

• School Holidays

• imstress's Profile Photo

Chun Xi Rd: Chun Xi Rd

by imstress Written Jan 24, 2007

Chun Xi Rd

There are lots of shops along the famous Chun Xi Rd in downtown Chengdu.

Lots of famous brands and botiques are found along the streets. You will have to walk around and hunt for good bargains.

You can find lots of clothings, accessories, restaurants, fast food chain, supermarket, cosmetics, DVDs, VCDs all along Chun Xi Rd.

There are restaurant and fast food chains where you can have a meal and rest your feet after much shopping.

At night, the whole street is lighted up by all the neon signboard of all the streets along Chun Xi Rd.

• Business Travel
    • Luxury Travel

• cheeksy's Profile Photo

Local Markets: To Market! To Market!

by cheeksy Written Nov 16, 2006

Chicken. ALL parts of it. YUM YUM!

Well... Chengdu is a very interesting place. What CAN'T YOU find in the markets! See it for yourself - these are few pictures taken by a friend of mine at Chengdu typical market. They are pretty much everywhere...

• pkfops's Profile Photo

Shopping Street

by pkfops Written Jun 17, 2004

This is a very large area and is still being built. I estimate at least 4 square blocks.

Much bigger than Nanjing St. in Shanghai or
    Wangfujing in Beijing.

This night we were out for dinner and a movie.

If you have a fast food, Chinese or Western, craving this is the place to go.

• eden03's Profile Photo

Cultural Street: Tibetan Souvenirs

by eden03 Updated Mar 13, 2004

Cultural Street, Chengdu

Many shops selling Tibetan style souvenirs on the cultural street

What to buy: Good area to browse or to buy some interesting souvenirs, Tibetan style. You will be able to find jewellery, prayer flags, lanterns, purses, incense and much more.

What to pay: Prices Vary. May be able to bargain.

• aukjejetty's Profile Photo

Any Printshop: Chinese Namecard

by aukjejetty Written May 5, 2003
    My Chinese Name ;-)

What to buy: There are a lot of printshop along the streets in China. In Chengdu my friend wanted to have his namecard printed, with his chinese name in characters. It sounded like fun to me to do my name too. It was not easy to find characters that would pronounce my name, but we came up with something similar with the help of the people at the printshop.

There are tons of paper en prints to choose from. I had one made on perfumed paper. I also had them made for my parents as gift. It is perfect, because you get them in a small box, they don't way much and they are cheap to print. Doesn't that sound like a perfect backpackers souvenir ;-) Unfortunatly I sold my house a little after I had them printed and they are all useless now, except for my name.

What to pay: Ask around a little before you order, the prices may differ quite a bit.

• eho's Profile Photo

Antique Market in Chengdu: Paper Cuttings

by eho Updated Feb 7, 2003

It was a very small antique market. We walked around and saw items like cultural revolution relics. Then we found this stall manned by a scholarly-looking young man. He was very polite and sounded very educated.

What to buy: These are thin coloured paper that are folded and cut into beautiful patterns using scissors. The complete pattern will be revealed when you unfold them. Some common patterns are flowers, horses, Chinese characters that mean good luck, etc.

What to pay: We paid 10Y for a pack of 6. We never found them so cheap and so well done anywhere else on our trip.

• eho's Profile Photo

Various Shops in Jiu Zhai Gou and Songpan: Bracelets

by eho Updated Feb 7, 2003

Items we bought

Inside Jiu Zhai Gou there is a market near the station where you transfer from the bus from Nuruilong Gulley to the other two gullies. We found a lot of beautiful hand-crafted items there that were not found anywhere else.

In Songpan we just went from shop to shop and haggle.

What to buy: Tibetan style bracelets (see photo).

The necklace (see photo) is the head of a ram and symbolizes good luck. I didn't like it at first, but now I regreted not buying one.

What to pay: The bracelets costed about 6Y and were bought in the Jiu Zhai Gou market.

The necklace was bought in Songpan and costed 1Y. That was the asking price and it was hard to bargain on that starting price. However, the Tibetan youngster that sold us that was so happy that he bowed and thanked us for minutes!

Instant Answers: Chengdu

Comments

Chengdu Shopping

Reviews and photos of Chengdu shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Chengdu sightseeing.