On the Way to Tibet, Chengdu

by DANYUN
  • On the Way to Tibet
    by DANYUN
  • 1W1V's Profile Photo

Gateway to Tibet (at least in Summer)

by 1W1V Written Aug 15, 2004

the other way around, LXA take off

I have flew BKK-CTU-LXA.
    In summer, it seems that the only decent way to get into Tibet is from Chengdu.
    Indeed, it was easy to buy the ticket and to get the permit.
    The price was 3000 Y for a return CTU-LXA-CTU and I think 600 Y for the permit.
    I just advise you to try to catch the first flight in the morning even if it is pretty early.
    The reason : if there is not enought passenger for the noon flight, Air China will just cancel it and you are stuck in CTU for a day or two because if (like me) you have no luck, the next day flights were cancelled because of the weather !!!
    I get my ticket and permit from a business contact I had in CTU but you can get them from travel agencies in Traffic Hotel, Sims cosy GH and a lot of others in town.

• sleeping glacier

by DANYUN Written Feb 25, 2003

This is a very rare experience. Normally the guide would allow the tourist to climb downhill to the surface of glacier because there are a lot of invisible gap between the ice. When we steped on this sleeping glacier, the heart always was jumped out because we afraid it will be waked up by our noise at that momement. Suddenly we heart a deep sound like thunder from the snow moutain far away. everybody felt very exciting and nervous.

• gigi_huang's Profile Photo

Ta Gong Temple. It's four...

by gigi_huang Updated Aug 25, 2002

Ta Gong Temple. It's four hours drive from Kang Ding. Tibetten temple. It's fun to talk with Lama and watch them reading, sewing and chatting.
    There are Jing Tong(scripture canister) circling the temple. Push every Jing Tong and then you're blessed!

• The vegetation in the low altitude

by DANYUN Written Feb 25, 2003

It is very comfortable to walk around at here, the air is very fresh and cool, you can hear the bird singing in the woods. I really feel I come back to the nature.

• multicolored world

by DANYUN Written Feb 25, 2003

Sep. to Oct. is the best season to visit this place. Because the tree shows green, gold,red color together.

• gigi_huang's Profile Photo

Get up early to see the view...

by gigi_huang Written Aug 25, 2002

Get up early to see the view of 'golden mountain'. The locals say that only the luck ones can see this view. I saw it!!!

Instant Answers: Chengdu