• Favorites
    Jiuzhaigou
    by MikeySoft

• Markets

Chengdu Favorites

Here I want to show readers how they sell electric bicycles, its just a simple shop like selling bicycles, the price is cheap, take a closer look. You can simply throw away your petroleum or gasoline powered bikes, simple and nice, why still insist? Obviously, the reason is some greedy peoples had no other ways to survive without oils. I am...

• Modern Chengdu

Chengdu Favorites

On this street as well as many city centers in China, one will come across a lot of foreign investments notably in terms of shopping centers & foreign branded goods. MacDonald is a household name in China for almost 20 years now & other upcoming newcomers are all those cellphone/mobile phone makers like Ericsson, Motorola, Nokia & Sony, etc....

• People's Park

Chengdu Favorites

And people were having tea by the lake side. The bamboo chairs were really beautiful. However, it seemed like they will gradually be replaced by ugly blue plastic ones. I bypassed the Mahjong area as I hated the noise of it. To my disappointment, I didn't see anybody playing chess.

• On the way to Tibet

Chengdu Favorites

In Chengdu, I used the China Comfort Travel agency to organise my permit and flight to Lhassa, Tibet. I was very happy with their price/condition and efficiency. You can contact David Liu who speaks english and will be happy to help you. David Liu Mobile : 13708059757 davidliu333@hotmail.com davidliu0313@yahoo.com

• Pandas

Chengdu Favorites

To anyone wishing to visit Chengdu, My wife and I visited Chengdu last June 9, 10 & 11, 2006. We had made internet arrangements for our transportation with an English speaking driver before we left home with a man named “Mickal”. We were arriving at about 10:00pm on our flight from Hong Kong so there was nothing left for that day but to get to...

• JiuZhaiGou

Chengdu Favorites

Chengdu is the place from where you start to the nature reserve of Jiuzhaigou. Please see more in my travelogue for ashort view of my Jiuzhaigou-pics! Or go to my Juizhaigou-Page, where I tell you the whole story of my adventurous trip in 1987.

• Leshan Giant Buddha

Chengdu Favorites

Leshan Giant Buddha The Leshan Giant Buddha is located at Leshan City, where in the southwest of Sichuan ,being renowned in the world for its graceful natural scenery and a mysterious cultural legacy associated with Buddhism. This is none other than Leshan Giant Buddha, the biggest of its kind in the world, as a world natural and cultural heritage...

• Chinese Medicine

Chengdu Favorites

From many goods at the market I could recognize what it was or where it was made of. But at some stalls and in some shops I saw very intriguing stuff with not the slightest idea what it could be. So in this shop were hanging all kind of different goods, some of plant and some of animal origin, looking mysterious, because nobody could explain us...

• Hong Jing Tian

The local guide together with the Singaporean guide tries to sell us some Tibetan medication that will prevent motion sickness and high altitude sickness. We thought that this “Hong Jing Tian” is sleeping pill syrup which makes you tired and sleepy and stop you from feeling it. It’s all in the mind.

• Tour guides

I find the female tour guides of Jiuzhaigou to be very friendly and knowledgable in the customs and the region. Since we are travelling in a group, we managed to get one guide of the Zhuang tribe to ourselves plus a comfortable bus to drive us around.

• Bargaining

Like many other places in this part of the world, it is important to bargain when you are buying things, even to the extend of cutting the price by more than half. Once you have reach a point where the price cannot be lowered any more, I feel that it is no point trying but give the money to the old people. After all, they are leading a hard life...

• Beautiful sunrise & sunset

I was lucky to catch beautiful sunrise among the mountains in Sichuan, as shown in this photograph. Sichuan is really a beautiful place in my opinion, but some parts can be remote for the less adventurous.

• Children in the mountain region

One of my fondest memory of Sichuan is the cheerful children and people, who are very friendly though they lead a simple life especially those in the mountain regions.

• Ctrip

This is not an ad and I dont have a vested interest, but Ctrip.com is a great resource for hotels and travel in China.Just be aware that the English site hasmarginally higher hotel prices.

• Organized tours

Organized group tours are the easiest and probably best way to travel in China, it is just not suited for independent travelers, especially if you can t readChinese. The tour I booked for Sichuan Province was through Shanghai China International Travel Service Co. at 3380 RMB including airfare (at 1100), breakfast (nothing to write home about, so I...

• The Three Kingdoms

During the three Kingdoms era in China round 230AD, Sichuan was part of the famous Shu kingdom under the legendary Liu Bei.

• Colours, colours, colours

The colourful scenery of Sichuan just blew me away, especially Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong. Just look at this multi-colourful pool and be the judge for yourself

• Like Mother Like Son

Here is a photo shot of a Panda family while having lunch under the sun. Should I say they are having picnic?

• Panda Watching

Panda watching? or Panda watching me? He seems quite curious about me as he walk real close to me, just a few meter away.

• Snored

Like human being, when Panda sleeps, they snored too, quite loud as I could here from almost 20 meters away.

• Statue

Right after the main entrance, you would see a big Panda Statue to show direction; to baby panda research center, to adult Panda 'Yin Yin' etc..

• Schedule

With confirming my schedule right, here comes the time to depart. To where I have a date with my dear friend Panda.

• hot&humid!

in summer: keep away fromthe cities! the heat can be unbearable! it's so humid and polluted! I was much happier in the mountains ...

• Gezhou Dam and so on

Gezhou Dam After the Three Gorges Project is completed, Gezhou Dam will become the second largest dam built on the Yangtze. The dam is 2,561 meters in length and 70 meters in height. The annual generating capacity is 14.1 billion (109) kwh.Fengdu With temples constructed on Mingshan Hill by the riverbank and many statues of ghosts and devils...

• The Qutang Gorge

The Qutang gorge, known for its magnificence, is only 8 kilometers long with many scenic spots, such as Meng Liang Staircase, the Ancient Zhandao (board walk and footpath). Kui Gate, Seven-Gate Cave, Bellows Gorge, and Rhinoceros Watching the Moon. beautiful

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Sichuan Sheng? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Have you been to Sichuan Sheng? Write about Sichuan Sheng to help travelers.

Sichuan Sheng Hotels

Ya'an Hotels
Suining Hotels
4 Hotels

Instant Answers: Sichuan Sheng

Comments

Sichuan Sheng Favorites

Reviews and photos of Sichuan Sheng favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sichuan Sheng sightseeing.
Map of Sichuan Sheng