Zetang Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Zetang

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Yarlung Kitchen: Run down but great food!

by blueskyjohn Written Jun 14, 2013

My guide recommended this place. He said he eats here every time he visits Tsedang. It was a good choice. Although I had my doubts because the place is in serious need of some sprucing up with a fresh coat of paint and more accommodating tables. The wait staff are young and eager to try out there English every chance they can.

I ate her for lunch and dinner. For lunch, I had the potato and peppers. It was really good. The perfect size for lunch and tasted great. For dinner I wanted the potato Momo with some hot sauce on the side. When it came out, I was surprised that it was fried. There was no dough like a traditional Momo. It was more like fried mashed potato with a little pork inside. They were actually very good. I would order this again.

• Adventure Travel

• ozalp's Profile Photo

No idea about the name: A restaurant which I’d like to remember

by ozalp Written Oct 22, 2009

After our visits to Yungbulakang and Tradruk, we returned to Tsedang and had a lunch in this restaurant. It was right across the hotel we stayed, Tsedang Hotel. Now I’ve searched it from the Google maps but I could not find the exact name I was looking for. Here the clues I remember: It was on the same wide street with Tsedang Hotel. We entered to the restaurant from a side road. It was on the second floor of a building and the building could be a hotel. My closest guess is it was the restaurant of Yulong Holiday Hotel.
    I really wanted to remember this one because it was the most delicious meal of the whole trip. I wasn’t acquainted with Chinese cuisine before this trip. Every single bite has been an adventure to me. Here, I had the greatest entry to Chinese food. I am not very fond of soups; even our cuisine has lots of them. I drank a mushroom and noodle soup here which I couldn’t forget. I think it also has seaweeds in it. I cannot remember all the meal we had that day but I remember a sizzling and sauced meat with onions. There was some tofu which I just tried a bit and passed. Waiters kept filling our cups with green tea all the time. This lunch was the peak point and I’d love to dine here again.

Favorite Dish: Soup, noodle, a sizzling meat dish... Yummy!

• Beer Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

• grets's Profile Photo

Tsedang Hotel: Our first experience of Tibetan food

by grets Written Oct 7, 2005

All the dishes

The dinner was served Chinese style, with all the dishes being placed on a huge Lazy Susan in the middle of the table.

The dishes were as follows:

Slivers of pigs trotters (quite slimy and chewy)
    Yak stew (like a lamb stew)
    Pork with pumpkin
    Dreid yak (tasted like a cross between lamb and beef)
    Fish balls (quite nice, not too fishy)
    Sweet and sour yak (very nice, quite sweet)
    Cauliflower and broccoli with ginger (quite crunchy)
    Mushrooms
    Sea weed soup

Instant Answers: Zetang

Comments

Zetang Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Zetang restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Zetang sightseeing.