Shache Travel Guide

Roasted Fishes
    Shache #10

Shache Things to Do

by l_joo Written May 13, 2005

It was after school, a mother is riding this motorcycle send her precious boy home, halfway, they stop, I don't know why but observed, I saw the mother so gently talking to the boy and the boy probably have something to say or something to ask and began to write in his palm.

Shache Restaurants

by l_joo Updated May 13, 2005

Now you have chickens, fried chickens, roasted chickens, etc all hanging up this way on sale. This is the way they eat, as a customer, you just grab a chair, sit down and you yell " one chicken, two beers !! " And you are not eating with tissue, fork or knife, you use both your hands to rip with strength, tear apart roughly, energetically, have some beer and eat. This is what I saw on the next table, two local guys ate exactly this way and they talk very load with powerful voice. No sissy peoples here, you probably can't survive here if you are sissy.

by l_joo Written May 13, 2005

The way restaurant peoples hang the meat is exactly this way in photo. It is very common thing in XinJiang province, I saw this all the way from the day I entered Kashgar. Probably the way local peoples eat are not the same, they prefer to eat big meat in huge plate with beer, a different way of eating compare with peoples in the big city.

• Shache Hotels

0 Hotels in Shache

Shache Transportation

by l_joo Updated May 13, 2005

To get from Shache to another city, take a bus. I took a good long distance bus to Hotan with easy ticket here at the main bus station. I just walked in and go to the ticket counter to look for the price and then either I buy the ticket straight away or I can do some bargain at the back with the bus driver face to face. I can speak Chinese, its very easy for me, I can go to the bus and search for the bus driver and ask them the price. Hey man, this is a good tip eh. Anyway the ticket to Hotan cost probably less than a cup of coffee in UK.

Shache Favorites

• Ingalotta's Profile Photo

by Ingalotta Written Oct 26, 2004

Favorite thing: just walk along the streets and go to the bazar

Fondest memory: Shache, was everything I didn't imagine, China to be like... the whole day we spent in this town, I felt like being somewhere in South East Europe or in some Arabian Country, but not China .... it was something like being in one of these stories of 1001 nights ... just go there, be open minded and enjoy yourselves

Instant Answers: Shache

Comments

Shache Travel Guide
Map of Shache