Like in many countries May and June are the preferred months for a big wedding. In China and of course in Urumqi you'll find many shops specialised on organizing the weddings. One part of it is, that the big car is decorated as a wedding car. It is a must for the people to have a car as big as possible.
- Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
- Women's Travel
Granat Apple Juice
In the big Bazaar and also at other places fresh granatapple juice is offered. The Juice stalls are a very beautiful sight with the red fruits and nicely decorated.
The juice is very nice and refreshing.
- Women's Travel
- Food and Dining
CHINESE LANGUAGEThe Chinese...
The Chinese written language consists of some 50,000 characters, or ideograms, of which around 10,000 are still in modern usage.
However, pronunciation of these ideograms varies enormously from region to region, since there are many dialects such as Cantonese in Guangdong province, Fujianese in Fujian province and Shanghainese in Shanghai.
There is a standard spoken language based on the predominant--Wade-Giles and Pinyin. The latter has recently been adopted officially, and all street names, bus stops and other signs are spelt in this way.
Four letters in particular cause problems for those familiar with the roman alphabet:
- 'x' is pronounced somewhere between an 's' and 'sh'; 'sh' sounds like the 'sh' in 'she'
- 'q' is as 'ch' in 'cheek'--- not 'qu' as in 'quick'
- 'c' sounds like 'ts' as in 'its'
- 'i' is either pronounced as 'ea' in 'eat', or as the 'i' in 'sir' after the consonants c, ch, r, s, sh. z and zh.
Basic Words and Phrases
Ni Jiau Shmua Mingzu?: What is your name?
Ni Hau Ma? : How are you?
when visiting homes of the...
when visiting homes of the Uyghers, it is common courtesey to finish every morsel of food that they offer you. and after washing your hands, dry them on a towel. i've been told that it's considered rude to fling the water droplets off your hands.
UYGUR HATSThere is a great...
There is a great variety of uygur hats and pieces to cover the head.
- Lower Price Every Day!
- Ctrip.com Award-winning Customer Service Best Price Guaranteed
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices